Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 07:11 PM

201 posts, read 824,329 times

Advertisements

We were just there last weekend and I polled a lot of friends, LOL, and went with their advice. ROmanos for Italian- it was pretty good- IMO you can't get REALLY GOOD Italian food anywhere off the east coast, but this was definitely passable, and it was a nice environment.

For Mexican we went to Casa... something!! It was again, pretty good. Not American Southwest good, but pretty damn good nontheless. I had an awesome platter w/ tamale, chili relleno, and chimichanga--- and yes they had liquor drinks. Yumm!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 11:52 PM

269 posts, read 543,252 times
I would kill for a big, fat frozen margarita right now.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:14 AM

3,763 posts, read 8,770,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquariusmom View Post
We were just there last weekend and I polled a lot of friends, LOL, and went with their advice. ROmanos for Italian- it was pretty good- IMO you can't get REALLY GOOD Italian food anywhere off the east coast, but this was definitely passable, and it was a nice environment.

For Mexican we went to Casa... something!! It was again, pretty good. Not American Southwest good, but pretty damn good nontheless. I had an awesome platter w/ tamale, chili relleno, and chimichanga--- and yes they had liquor drinks. Yumm!!
That would probably be La Casa Grande on Northern Lights, right?

Old 01-27-2008, 01:26 PM

201 posts, read 824,329 times
Ah yes, that's it! Yumm!

Old 01-28-2008, 08:51 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,770,257 times
Default Bearstooth

Another great quasi-mexican treat is at Beartooth. They take a poblano chile pepper and make a chile rellano stuffed with mashed potatoes & cheese. It is sooooo good!

Where else can you watch a movie & eat chile rellanos stuffed with mashed potatoes!?
Bear Tooth

Old 01-28-2008, 09:42 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,230,623 times
You can also try La Cabana on 4th Ave next to the Days Inn, that place is decent.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:49 AM

28 posts, read 121,124 times
On my quest for good Mexican food in Alaska I have now tried Hacienda. It was pretty good. No queso though! But the margaritas are great! I really want to try LaCabana downtown. I thought I was going to get to have Mexico in Alaska yesterday but it didn't work out. I think I will try the place on Northern Lights too! Yes, I do eat at Taco Bell a lot. Especially around midnight on weekends. Still haven't made it to any Italian places yet. I will try Romano's and Little Italy if I'm in the neighborhood. Thank you for all the recommendations. Sorry for the boring question, I'm just a little girl that loves good food!

Old 03-16-2008, 06:56 PM

30 posts, read 144,062 times
Villa Nova for Italian. It's in a strip mall on the intersection of Arctic and International. It does NOT look promising from the outside - or maybe I'm just biased against strip malls IMHO, great food - the service is a little over the top and dramatic sometimes so I stopped going, but I always loved the food.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:24 PM

7 posts, read 39,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
You can also try La Cabana on 4th Ave next to the Days Inn, that place is decent.
My first non-Taco Time/Bell comida mexicana was at La Cabana (4th and Cordova) and it was great then--home made tortillas, and still tbe best cheese enchilada I've had outside of the Southwest. Any news on this? My mom and dad used to go to La Mex a lot on Spenard Road, 'cause it was close to their office.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:16 AM

78 posts, read 515,560 times
Default Taco King

I love Taco King, but not the place you go to drink, but great food.

Here's the Anchorage Press' Best of 2007 list, for suggestions: Anchorage Press | Home (http://www.anchoragepress.com/site/basicarticle.asp?ID=263 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage