Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2008, 11:07 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,411,847 times

Advertisements

I like Sorrento's for Italian food and Romanos a close second. We go to Garcia's out in Eagle River when we can, they make great margaritas so my husband says I have the strawberry margaritas. La Mex is a good american/mexican restuarant. When I was young our neighbors came direct from Quadalahara (spelling) they offered to cook us dinner one night, was the blanest food I've every had so not much into the original mexican eating.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 10:08 PM

12 posts, read 47,708 times
My personal favorite is Carlos on Old Seward between Klatt and O'malley. Orso is fine, but not my cup of tea. It's a little pricy. I think Carlos is priced quite well.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:21 AM

3 posts, read 46,937 times
Hi,
I think Pizza Plaza (in strip mall across from Sears on N. Lights) is one of the great "hide-aways" for Italian stuff. Specifically, the chicken marsala! I concur with the Villa Nova suggestion as well. My girlfriend's favorite calamari in town is their appetizer.
For authentic "comida Mexicana", I have to recomend Mexico In Alaska (Old Seward Hiway at about 74th) for regular sit down type of place (wine and beer/ no hard alcohol) and for "faster food" type place, Taco King (N. Lights and A st., at the corner of the strip mall). Their carne asada tacos are just like you might find off a cart outside the soccer stadium in Mexico City (except that the cleaning techniques are way better here in Los Anchorage!) They also offer horchada (a beverage typical in Mexico but not common here) which is kind of a milk, cinnamon thing that some folks love. It might be worth a try for you. One of my boys loves it, the other prefers a soda.
Have fun!

Old 04-04-2008, 01:05 PM

601 posts, read 1,904,164 times
It's been 12 years since we left Anchortown and I still miss La mex!!!!!!
Best Grande's on the planet....foods not bad either

Old 04-07-2008, 04:18 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
Where else can you watch a movie & eat chile rellanos stuffed with mashed potatoes!?
Um, how about at home?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage