Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 01:51 AM

16,427 posts, read 22,262,005 times

Advertisements

No. None. The mayor of Juarez is living in El Paso on the US side. Don't risk it; you'd probably be safer in Baghdad.
If people have gone there recently and had no problems, good for them and they were fortunate, but that doesn't make it safe. There are people who stroll blissfully through mine fields and never realize it. Of course, if you're the type that thinks back-packing on the Iraq/Iran border or trekking in Kashmir is a fun thing to do, go for it. La vida loca!

Last edited by Bideshi; 06-13-2010 at 02:09 AM..

Old 06-13-2010, 06:50 AM

13,315 posts, read 21,948,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
No. None. The mayor of Juarez is living in El Paso on the US side. Don't risk it; you'd probably be safer in Baghdad.
If people have gone there recently and had no problems, good for them and they were fortunate, but that doesn't make it safe. There are people who stroll blissfully through mine fields and never realize it. Of course, if you're the type that thinks back-packing on the Iraq/Iran border or trekking in Kashmir is a fun thing to do, go for it. La vida loca!
Wow. Just curious, but when's the last time you've been anywhere in Mexico?

Old 06-13-2010, 11:12 AM

9,603 posts, read 31,799,953 times
Quote:
Very valid points, Bideshi . . .

I am always amazed at the blissful accounts of the perfect trips to Mexico yet there's rarely a mention of the tragic ones.

For anyone contemplating a trip into Mexico, just for kicks, do a little research. Contact some of those who have had a negative experience as well as those who have had a perfect trip. Politics and PC BS have conveniently minimized and obscured the risks in spite of the severity. Interesting to note, most every "war story" is associated with a frequent visitor.

Believe me . . . crime is not a joke and is everywhere. Blatantly ignoring the warnings is nothing but RUSSIAN ROULETTE and NOT WORTH THE RISK.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:46 PM

220 posts, read 412,888 times
Quote:

This is the same stuff being said about Phoenix and the 'kidnap capital' malarky.

When you over hype and say things like this..... you lose credibility. It goes against what people know as the reality of the situation.

Keep believing the hype while others enjoy going to Rocky Point.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:28 PM

13,315 posts, read 21,948,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I am always amazed at the blissful accounts of the perfect trips to Mexico yet there's rarely a mention of the tragic ones.
Maybe that's because there aren't any tragic ones?
Quote:
For anyone contemplating a trip into Mexico, just for kicks, do a little research. Contact some of those who have had a negative experience as well as those who have had a perfect trip.
I have done the research. I've spoken with my friends who've been there numerous times, and what they say I was able to personally confirm. Ain't nothing to worry about going to Rocky Point. Now do you have any actual data that says otherwise, or are you just blowing smoke there, Bummer?

Old 06-13-2010, 05:35 PM

276 posts, read 807,484 times
I happen to Live a couple miles from Juarez, and if you want to believe it is a bunch of MALARKY, you go right on and do that.. I know better and I am a trained Soldier and officer, and would not step foot in Juarez right now. I also get briefings on the conditions of not only Post but the general area.. and I know far more than you about what is safe and what is not goodneighbor.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:14 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,876,684 times
My daughter is in the military in Texas and they have orders not to go into Mexico for at least the 50 miles closest to the border. Apparently it isn't as bad further south of the border.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:15 PM

32 posts, read 50,030 times
Wow, there is no way in H-E- double hockey sticks any possible way, that my family will take a risk by going to any part of Mexico. I guess taking enough bribe money will get ya by. The drug cartels are always looking for a good hostage for money. Good luck.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:56 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,446,600 times
My family just got back tonight, they had a good time and had no issues. They said Rocky Point was a ghost town though, no little kids selling chiclets, many streetside shops aren't there anymore, and there was barely any tourists compared to normal.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:34 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,114,814 times
Los Agadonis (sp?) outside Yuma. We went there about a month ago to see a dentist and it seems they're fighting to stay out of the whole mess. Worlds largest concentration of Dentists, they have their own tourist police force to make SURE nothing happens.
Clean town, friendly people,cheap dental/eyeglass/prescription prices.
They know their bread and butter is the snowbird medical trade/tourists so I'd highly doubt they'd want to toss that away.
When I was there I regularly saw the jeeps with machine guns in the back, lots of military dressed people carring automatic weapons walking/driving around as well as policia everywhere.
I do think if I wanted to go much anywere else I'd transform myself into a Canadian real quick like...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona