Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 05:00 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,515,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Right, LOL! Add in union work rules, vacations, sick pay, FMLA, maternity leave and productivity about 1/4 of what the illegals do. Then factor in all the illegals involved in processing the lettuce after it is picked, loading and unloading trucks, working in warehouses, stocking the shelves at Ranch Market - who also would be getting all the aforementioned benefits - and it could end up costing double what it does today.
If that's true (which I highly doubt), I'd gladly pay it if it means no more illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 05:13 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
If that's true (which I highly doubt), I'd gladly pay it if it means no more illegal immigration.
Not me. Give me low prices. Out where you and I live, there is no illegal problem. We only get the benefits. We would not even know about the illegals if we did not see it on Fox. Anyway, I feel good about them as I drive around and see the nicely manicured bushes, acres of mowed grasss, and appreciate how low my HOA dues are for what I am getting.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:16 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
I could not agree more, Ritchie . . .

Possibly a little more for a head of lettuce today while saving millions on the freebies (free healthcare, free special education, free food stamps to name just a few) the illegals soak up plus the huge cost of stolen IDs.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Anyway, I feel good about them as I drive around and see the nicely manicured bushes, acres of mowed grasss, and appreciate how low my HOA dues are for what I am getting.
Except for the fact that many of those people are legal aliens and legal citizens. I never understood why people assume that all farm workers, all landscapers, all dishwashers, all construction workers, etc, are illegal. Yeah, there are many. But there are many more who are legal, and are just trying to earn a day's wage. And the illegal immigrants get in their way.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:53 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Except for the fact that many of those people are legal aliens and legal citizens. I never understood why people assume that all farm workers, all landscapers, all dishwashers, all construction workers, etc, are illegal. Yeah, there are many. But there are many more who are legal, and are just trying to earn a day's wage. And the illegal immigrants get in their way.
I don't care about their "day's wage". Pay them what the market will bear and what they are worth competitively. They don't deserve more because they are citizens. If they won't work for what an immigrant will, too bad. Let them starve for all I care. If illegals hold down the cost of unskilled labor, then I am all for more illegals - well I say get rid of the borders nonsense and let them in. I save because of it, get to own more toys, eat out more often.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
I save because of it, get to own more toys, eat out more often.
So you think. Too bad you pay more for schools, the doctor, and taxes....

Also, I agree with this:
Quote:
Pay them what the market will bear and what they are worth competitively.
However, minimum wage is the law, and not a law I made up.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:25 AM

253 posts, read 463,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesinphoenix View Post
It is NOT anti-immigrant. It IS anti-border-jumping criminal who wants the whole enchilada without doing anything for it...like getting into the country the LEGAL, right and honorable way. File the paperwork and wait your turn. Is that so difficult to understand?

Psssssst!........Don't say ".....the whole enchilada....". THEY might think you sound Hispanic and you know what happens then!!!!

Old 08-15-2010, 01:19 AM

308 posts, read 790,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming Darrell View Post
Psssssst!........Don't say ".....the whole enchilada....". THEY might think you sound Hispanic and you know what happens then!!!!
I know it is hard for you to believe, but here in Arizona, Hispanics are accepted as a part of our culture. It is the illegals we have a problem with, no matter what their ethnicity is. Hispanics are not and will not be discriminated against, no matter how often you say it will be so.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:30 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,386,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
"Florida will not be a sanctuary state for illegal aliens," added McCollum, accompanied by Representative Will Snyder.
The legislation will require Florida law enforcement officials to check a suspected illegal immigrant's status in the course of a stop, or a violation of another law. This goes beyond the existing situation in the state where officers are allowed to check immigration status, but not required to.

Florida AG proposes tougher illegal immigrant curbs | Reuters

The above is known as The State of Arizona Domino Effect.

And that's a Good Thing.
Soon to be followed by the State of Arizona BOOMERANG Effect, when the 2010 elections are over, people start to realize the social and economic costs of a Draconian immigration policy, and two-faced phony politicians like McCollum et al, having mined the issue for as many votes as possible, will drop it like a hot potato.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:20 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I don't care about their "day's wage". Pay them what the market will bear and what they are worth competitively. They don't deserve more because they are citizens. If they won't work for what an immigrant will, too bad. Let them starve for all I care. If illegals hold down the cost of unskilled labor, then I am all for more illegals - well I say get rid of the borders nonsense and let them in. I save because of it, get to own more toys, eat out more often.
I think it's very sad that people have no problem with "slave labor". If we open the border we will have more drugs, gangs, and terrorists. If we do amnesty, those here will become legal and the cheap labor is gone but we still have all the costs of the illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona