Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 05:48 PM

13,252 posts, read 21,874,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
ORLY?

http://www.jerrypippin.com/Area_51_editorial_2.jpg

Now, what did you say? Why is it ok for the government to effectively shoot you for heading into Area 51 but it's not ok for the government to shoot those who cross into our territory illegally?
That sign says SEARCH, not SHOOT.

It also says "use of deadly force authorized". That's a far cry from "shoot to kill" on sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 06:03 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,029,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
That sign says SEARCH, not SHOOT.

It also says "use of deadly force authorized". That's a far cry from "shoot to kill" on sight.
Give me a break. You know good and well what "deadly force" involves.

Look, I know you and others think that everything should be like Katy Perry's video with all candy and games, welcome all of these poor souls in here and do nothing about it, but the reality is, the situation will get worse if something isn't done, and telling them not to come across hasn't worked. Building fences hasn't worked. Appealing to them hasn't worked. What the hell else are they supposed to do?

Old 07-21-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Give me a break. You know good and well what "deadly force" involves.

Look, I know you and others think that everything should be like Katy Perry's video with all candy and games, welcome all of these poor souls in here and do nothing about it, but the reality is, the situation will get worse if something isn't done, and telling them not to come across hasn't worked. Building fences hasn't worked. Appealing to them hasn't worked. What the hell else are they supposed to do?
Bullship. Go back and read a few of my posts to see how off-base you are about what I think. I'm dead-against illegal immigration at all costs. But your idea to shoot-to-kill on sight is ridiculous and would be laughable if you weren't really serious about it.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:58 PM

260 posts, read 512,314 times
Shooting them would not be the right thing to do.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Bullship. Go back and read a few of my posts to see how off-base you are about what I think. I'm dead-against illegal immigration at all costs. But your idea to shoot-to-kill on sight is ridiculous and would be laughable if you weren't really serious about it.
Let me tell you the scary fact of it:

If you're not for a solution - no matter how drastic - you're not against the problem. Stop thinking with your heart. Think logically. It's not about what feels good; that's why we even have this as a discussion topic in the first place - too many people are using emotions to make decisions when it shouldn't be that way.

Now I asked you a fair question. They've exhausted all other options. The only thing they have not tried is shoot-to-kill. Don't misunderstand what I mean by that. I'm not suggesting that they just shoot based on an illegal coming into visual range. I'm saying that the only thing they haven't done, is set forth and broadcast a policy that states simply that any illegal caught breaching our borders forcefully and without due process is subject to being shot at the moment they do breach it. That's called security by intimidation and yes, I think it's crude, but setting that fear in their hearts will deter them from coming across. Eventually they'll stop trying to do it the illegal way and do it the right way, which is what most Americans want.

The only reason they keep coming illegally is because we let them. Period.

Now, again, all other options have failed. What do you suggest they do?

Old 07-21-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
... Don't misunderstand what I mean by that. I'm not suggesting that they just shoot based on an illegal coming into visual range.
Excuse me? How can one misinterpret "shoot to kill"? Those are your words. That does absolutely mean shoot them when they come into visual range. So now that's not what you mean? We are not mind readers here, we can only take your writings at face value.
Quote:
I'm saying that the only thing they haven't done, is set forth and broadcast a policy that states simply that any illegal caught breaching our borders forcefully and without due process is subject to being shot at the moment they do breach it. That's called security by intimidation and yes, I think it's crude, but setting that fear in their hearts will deter them from coming across. Eventually they'll stop trying to do it the illegal way and do it the right way, which is what most Americans want.
So now you're saying don't actually shoot them. Just tell them we're going to shoot them, but don't actually do it. Yeah, that'll take them about a millisecond to figure out. It's quite evident you haven't thought this through at all.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Excuse me? How can one misinterpret "shoot to kill"? Those are your words. That does absolutely mean shoot them when they come into visual range. So now that's not what you mean? We are not mind readers here, we can only take your writings at face value.
So now you're saying don't actually shoot them. Just tell them we're going to shoot them, but don't actually do it. Yeah, that'll take them about a millisecond to figure out. It's quite evident you haven't thought this through at all.
*sigh*

YouTube - Arizona Sing-Along Frog says "Read the bill."

The first 18 seconds of this video apply to you. Listen carefully.

1. Government passes "Shoot To Kill" authority that states that any illegal immigrant who forcefully breaches our borders is subject to getting shot at.
  2. Government informs Mexico and any other bordering country in no uncertain terms: If your citizens do not follow our laws for coming in here correctly, they can and will be shot at. If you know what's good for your citizens you will implore them to follow due process if they want to come to the US.
  3. Government issues armed military personnel to monitor all borders.
  4. Illegal steps across the border, shots are fired until they step back across it. If one or more shots is lethal, then they are.
Now, do you get it? Shoot-to-kill means if they breach the border...IF THEY BREACH THE BORDER...we will shoot at them with no hesitation. Now, they can save themselves by staying across the line, or if they breach it, go back and we'll stop shooting. Eventually, they'll get the message that there's no more free lunch.

Reading. It helps you know what you're talking about. And you STILL haven't answered the basic question Mod Cut: Personal:

WHAT ELSE CAN THEY DO?

Last edited by Grannysroost; 07-22-2010 at 10:46 AM..

Old 07-21-2010, 07:44 PM

848 posts, read 1,955,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
During the raid, a U.S. Forest Service K-9 team located Gauldry Almonte-Hernandez, a displaced foreign traveler from Michoacán Mexico, who had tried to flee the area and hide while officers were performing entry into the marijuana garden.

A "displaced foreign traveler"? Nope, not an illegal alien but a displaced foreign traveler. You really want to laugh but its no laughing matter.

Displaced foreign traveler? Wasn't undocumented alien good enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
I suppose the government will now give handheld GPS units to all illegals so they no longer become displaced.
Only if they can figure out a way for American taxpayers to fund it!

Old 07-21-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
*sigh*

YouTube - Arizona Sing-Along Frog says "Read the bill."

The first 18 seconds of this video apply to you. Listen carefully.

1. Government passes "Shoot To Kill" authority that states that any illegal immigrant who forcefully breaches our borders is subject to getting shot at.
  2. Government informs Mexico and any other bordering country in no uncertain terms: If your citizens do not follow our laws for coming in here correctly, they can and will be shot at. If you know what's good for your citizens you will implore them to follow due process if they want to come to the US.
  3. Government issues armed military personnel to monitor all borders.
  4. Illegal steps across the border, shots are fired until they step back across it. If one or more shots is lethal, then they are.
Now, do you get it? Shoot-to-kill means if they breach the border...IF THEY BREACH THE BORDER...we will shoot at them with no hesitation. Now, they can save themselves by staying across the line, or if they breach it, go back and we'll stop shooting. Eventually, they'll get the message that there's no more free lunch.

Reading. It helps you know what you're talking about. And you STILL haven't answered the basic question, Mod Cut:

WHAT ELSE CAN THEY DO?
Your making this up as you go along. There is nothing about "shoot to kill" in Arizona 1070. Perhaps you get your news from Sesame Street, but I do not.

Mod Cut: Responding to something deleted.

Last edited by Grannysroost; 07-22-2010 at 10:48 AM..

Old 07-21-2010, 10:41 PM

32 posts, read 50,001 times
The guard will probabely be so restricted in their actions, it would probabely be more effective to place a couple of thousand guard sillouettes in card board along the border. Cheaper and probabely more effective. Why put a guardsman in harms way, if they may not be able to carry and directly engage the problem...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona