Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 05:10 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,760,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
My voting for Jan Brewer had nothing to do with 1070, or much of anything else except we only have TWO choices and I simply do not like Terry Goddard. Never have and never will. I'm a registered Dem but actually am an Independent in heart/mind. Just another case of voting for the "best of the worst" I guess.

I really and truly despise campaign 'seasons'. I do my best to ignore the dirt. I am NOT looking forward to the 2012 campaigns! Ack!!!!!
I'm with you on this one, AZDB.

More often than not it is a matter of the LESSOR OF THE TWO EVILS nowadays.

Damn shame, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 07:10 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,932,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post

Damn shame, isn't it?
Yup, it sure is. On the other hand, I'm at a loss to think of anyone who would actually be better.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:53 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,489,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Yup, it sure is. On the other hand, I'm at a loss to think of anyone who would actually be better.
Anyone?

Old 11-01-2010, 02:57 AM

532 posts, read 1,178,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Because during her political career, she was a staunch advocate of tough DUI laws yet she drove under the influence thereby making her credibility questionable. Would you vote for someone who preached family values and then cheated on their spouse?
Yeah, she's a tough critic NOW. Maybe the crash as a result of a DUI 22 years ago made her take a hard look at reality. Who knows. But I can't in all seriousness hold this against her and have it influence my vote 22 years later. (I'll just let her other acts of political stupidity NOW influence that )

Old 11-01-2010, 10:11 AM

894 posts, read 2,207,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
Anyone?
Fife Symington.

I'M KIDDING!

Old 11-01-2010, 04:21 PM

260 posts, read 512,452 times
Why make a big deal out of this now? 22 years ago she had 2 drinks.
I think this is just a big deal out of nothing.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:25 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,512,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post

Damn shame, isn't it?
I also have to agree.

With me it's a toss-up between Goddard and Brewer, I like both of them to some degree but dislike many of their quirks.

I have decided to support Goddard because we need a leader who will act as a balance of power. There are too many right-wingers in the state legislature who don't represent the majority of the citizens.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:27 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,512,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesmoses View Post
Why make a big deal out of this now? 22 years ago she had 2 drinks.
I think this is just a big deal out of nothing.
Yes, let it go already. Geesh!

Old 11-02-2010, 09:32 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,588,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
I also have to agree.

With me it's a toss-up between Goddard and Brewer, I like both of them to some degree but dislike many of their quirks.

I have decided to support Goddard because we need a leader who will act as a balance of power. There are too many right-wingers in the state legislature who don't represent the majority of the citizens.
Think about it ! they are there because people let them act as they want , not as they are told . SOOOOOOo! in reality they are not representing the majority as they should > Answer VOTE them out of office.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:34 AM

39,125 posts, read 51,378,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
I also have to agree.

Me, too, though I know he has no chance. If divided gov't is good at the federal level is great for AZ. I don't like Goddard on immigration, though, and I am going to have to hold my nose. But I don't think immigration is our biggest problem at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona