Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 12:06 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times

Advertisements

DPS officers at the scene believed Brewer was intoxicated. Unsteady on her feet, her breath smelling of alcohol, Brewer failed a series of field sobriety tests.

Brewer was placed in handcuffs and taken to a DPS station, where she was supposed to undergo a test to determine her blood-alcohol level. But no test was ever performed. After a discussion with a DPS lieutenant, two officers drove Brewer home.

At the scene, Brewer told officers she had "one scotch." Later, at the station, she said she had had two. At the time, she denied being drunk.

Read more: Brewer suspected of DUI in 1988 crash; case not pursued

Does this influence how you view Jan Brewer or not at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 12:22 AM

69 posts, read 224,100 times
Why should it? Give it a rest! This happened 22 years ago!

Old 10-28-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglindo View Post
Why should it? Give it a rest! This happened 22 years ago!
Because during her political career, she was a staunch advocate of tough DUI laws yet she drove under the influence thereby making her credibility questionable. Would you vote for someone who preached family values and then cheated on their spouse?

Old 10-28-2010, 12:27 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,299,621 times
Not a bit. If this was two days ago, or even two years ago, then yes.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:52 AM

8,042 posts, read 12,263,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Because during her political career, she was a staunch advocate of tough DUI laws yet she drove under the influence thereby making her credibility questionable. Would you vote for someone who preached family values and then cheated on their spouse?
I think you raise some valid points ... but I also think that bringing up something that happened over 20 years ago amounts to nothing more than digging up dirt on somebody. Now, if she spoke in favor of tougher DUI laws as Governor, and then drove while intoxicated, I could see the hypocrisy. In that respect, it would be a lot like Sarah Palin preaching abstinence while her daughter screws around & gets pregnant out of wedlock. (I have used this example quite often.)

Overall, Brewer is mediocre in my opinion. She's certainly not the best we could ask for, but I have decided to vote for her mainly because she eliminated that ridiculous speed camera program. Her favoring tougher immigration laws & actually doing something about it also influenced me somewhat. I'm afraid Goddard would bring back speed cameras because he is very much in favor of them, and call for more wasteful spending just like Napolitano did. I looked at the Libertarian candidate (Hess), but he's a bit too extreme on some things to the point where it sounds like he favors anarchy. We need some government on a limited basis, but not so controlling like it is now.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I think you raise some valid points ... but I also think that bringing up something that happened over 20 years ago amounts to nothing more than digging up dirt on somebody. Now, if she spoke in favor of tougher DUI laws as Governor, and then drove while intoxicated, I could see the hypocrisy. In that respect, it would be a lot like Sarah Palin preaching abstinence while her daughter screws around & gets pregnant out of wedlock. (I have used this example quite often.)

Overall, Brewer is mediocre in my opinion. She's certainly not the best we could ask for, but I have decided to vote for her mainly because she eliminated that ridiculous speed camera program. Her favoring tougher immigration laws & actually doing something about it also influenced me somewhat. I'm afraid Goddard would bring back speed cameras because he is very much in favor of them, and call for more wasteful spending just like Napolitano did. I looked at the Libertarian candidate (Hess), but he's a bit too extreme on some things to the point where it sounds like he favors anarchy. We need some government on a limited basis, but not so controlling like it is now.
Let's get some things out of the way. This is dirty politics played by Goddard much like Brewer played dirty politics by trying to imply Goddard was gay. But at least Goddard's attack was based on facts whereas Brewer's tactics was based on nothing concrete.

That being said, it doesn't change the facts that she failed field sobriety tests and handcuffed

And this isn't the first incident where her credibility has come into question. She lied about her father's involvement in WW II. Then she lied about the be-headings. And now this.

I do like her elimination of the speed camera program. That was big

Old 10-28-2010, 09:31 AM

455 posts, read 1,499,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mglindo View Post
why should it? Give it a rest! this happened 22 years ago!
x2!

Old 10-28-2010, 09:45 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,442,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post

i had a DUI in 1982 and now many years later i am a firm beliver in tough DUI laws . i belive in super tough DUI cases wherehe person hurts or kills someone ..i belive the death penaty in the case shoud be sought if the person dies of bodly hard when you are behind the wheel of the vehicle.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:54 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
i had a DUI in 1982 and now many years later i am a firm beliver in tough DUI laws . i belive in super tough DUI cases wherehe person hurts or kills someone ..i belive the death penaty in the case shoud be sought if the person dies of bodly hard when you are behind the wheel of the vehicle.

A bit harsh sheesh. I'm in favor of the death penalty in deliberate murder cases, but seriously? That almost falls under an inherent danger that happens in life.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:16 AM

894 posts, read 2,202,021 times
What a joke! This is the most immature crap I have seen in politics. It was 22 years ago! Let it go! Put yourself in her shoes, for crying out loud. God forbid she be human.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona