Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:39 AM

17 posts, read 37,349 times

Advertisements

yes, i think you are right, I will probably do that.
can not wait to have sunshine....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 12:22 PM

I think Americans have much more that what they know....
I have been in some big cities in USA and I have to say I am not an USA city girl.... way to ruff.... thank you

Old 07-24-2007, 04:03 AM

6 posts, read 13,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisa` View Post
Hello Fred... Belgium???? so you do speck French???
is it raining over there as much as been over here???

good luke with the lottery, I have met people who won it, and when to NY
Yes, french native speaking and raining as much as it does in Germany and for a biker like me (on racetrack for fun), it's not something I like.
Phoenix has a small and great racetrack

For the lottery, I don't believe too much in it.. so the best thing will be to find a job first or take the risk to go there first..

Old 07-24-2007, 07:12 AM

3 posts, read 6,129 times
Elisa,

I am moving from Germany to Sierra Vista Az in a few weeks. Where are you in Germany ?

Old 07-24-2007, 01:22 PM

4 posts, read 13,283 times
Unhappy it can't be that easy to just move here...

Hey Elisa,

not to shatter your dreams, but you can't just move here without a work permit, relatives as sponsors or such... as far as I know you need an employer to sponsor you and they can only do that if they can prove that no American can fill that job... and please do not immigrate illegally, we have enough of that in Arizona already!

Old 07-24-2007, 03:31 PM

jaykayem,
thank you for your concern but I think I am inform enaugh about the legal part of it.
In europe we have many of dual citizenship...... since WW2 when many Americans came to our contry. you have not enaugh info about the all situation........

Old 07-24-2007, 04:40 PM

5 posts, read 10,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisa` View Post
jujubeans, I am sure you will have a grate year in Germany. you will be down south and i think is about 3 hours driving from where I am. I think it is beautiful over there, you have more to see than here, and you are close to Italy. if you can go and see Venezia, that is where I am from, anytime Venice is wonderful,I love Torino as well, been there many times, you will see we have lots of history and we do enjoy life around it. please go and have a good meal, eat Pizza( in a sunshine day) have some polenta and baccala' in Venice, drink some good wine and as a dessert eat tiramisu' the best if you can go in a trattoria, it will be home made!!you can use Ryanair to travel on the big city in EU, very cheap, it will cost you maybe 50 Euro per thicket.
The Germans are much colder that the Italians, the guys are so and so...
but you will learn so much of our life stile, much different. we enjoy coffee and cake and we can set at the bar for hours...
German friends are forever, when ever you make one it will be that way!
what do the Europeans love about the states??? we think in USA everything is possible. Dreams can come true....you guys have many opportunity that we do not have in here. oh I have so much to say. we have no intention to pay for a house for ever, better Small house car or ..but go out and have fun! you see old people acting like they are 15...
Let me thik of some other thigs to tell you
take care for now
Wow! I can't believe you are from Venezia! My host family has a second home there and we are going to visit over school vacation this fall. What would you say are the "must see" places in the city? Where is your favorite place? I can't wait to try authentic Italian food! Tiramisu is my favorite dessert and I am sure it is way better in Italy than it is here! Germany will be an interesting place for me. I am relatively reserved, but can get along with anyone, so I think that I will probably do well if I don't get discouraged when people are slow to open up. I thought about going to Italy too. I'd take wine over beer any day, but then I'd probably take coffee over wine. Is Ryanair the only one or are there others?
Of course I think that living in America is wonderful, but since I have never known anything else I guess I probably don't appreciate it in many ways that I should. While I am abroad, I hope I will learn more about how the US is differs from other places. Bis bald!

Old 08-12-2007, 11:09 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,870,801 times
Elisa,
Di dove? Italiana oder Deutsche?

I've moved back and forth between Arizona, New Mexico, and several countries in Europe (including Germany and Italy) for the past 18 years. I'm happy to share my thoughts on many aspects but it would help to know more about what you are looking for.

Warm/hot weather? Do you still want four seasons, just less rain?

Relaxed atmosphere?

City? country? small town with easy access to big town?

What do you prefer to do with your free time?

Are you an indoor or outdoor type of person?

What kind of places do you most like to visit on vacation?

What kind of people do you want to be around?

How important is it for you to have a few Germans/Italians nearby?

What kinds of food do you want to have available?

A presto/bis bald

Old 08-16-2007, 12:50 PM

48 posts, read 176,285 times
Default Hmm

Hi, I am German and I just moved here. Es ist soooo anders hier. Es ist nicht sehr sauber, dadurch dass es hier so heiss ist, stinkt es hier. Niemand macht jemals Fenster auf, weil es so heiss ist und es ein Vermoegen an Elektrizitaet kostet die Bude wieder kalt zu kriegen. Ueberleg es dir gut, komm und sieh es dir erstmal an. Achso, und die Jobs zahlen hier nicht sehr gut..

Old 08-16-2007, 12:52 PM

48 posts, read 176,285 times
Default Hi

Tell me, where did you like it Best? :0) I just moved to Arizona from Germany.. don't like it too much ;0)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona