Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 10:27 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

PHOENIX – Arizona's ban on abortions starting at 20 weeks of pregnancy will take effect this week as scheduled after a federal judge ruled Monday that the new law is constitutional.

Read more: Judge says Arizona's abortion ban can take effect | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 05:51 PM

339 posts, read 832,908 times
Cool!

Old 07-31-2012, 07:00 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,853,247 times
A good thing, as that baby is getting really close to viable. Anyone that is going to choose this option should have made their mind up well before this time.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:08 AM

603 posts, read 946,373 times
It's not really going to affect anything. Most women don't wait 4-5 months into a pregnancy before deciding to have an abortion, and those that do can take a drive to a clinic in Vegas, LA, Temecula, San Diego, Riverside, etc. Abortions at 20 weeks+ are mostly due to severe birth defects. Their doctors can and will just call those "medical emergencies" and carry on as they have before.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:13 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
It will actually affect a lot and doctors just can't call those medical emergencies ........ those are abortions are are effectively banned

Also, doctors are legally protected from non-disclosure of defects that could lead to an abortion

There are typically about 100 abortions in the state that happen after 20 weeks - this law effectively moves the timeline up to 18

As mentioned, the overwhelming number of abortions from people who don't want babies are done early in the pregnancy .... these abortions are the families who want kids and then go in and get the "we have a problem" talk ..... all this legislation does is add even more emotional stress and harm to those families while doing nothing to stem "birth control abortions"

It's heartless and without thought - so I guess in that respect it's perfectly representative of the quality of the legislature

Old 08-01-2012, 12:00 PM

833 posts, read 1,712,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
It's heartless and without thought - so I guess in that respect it's perfectly representative of the quality of the legislature
Yup - welcome to Arizona where we are a solid red-state that thinks government should not be messing around in your life... unless you disagree with us, and then we are LITERALLY inside your life.

Man, I really hate this state.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:16 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,503,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Native View Post
Yup - welcome to Arizona where we are a solid red-state that thinks government should not be messing around in your life... unless you disagree with us, and then we are LITERALLY inside your life.

I disagree with your hatred of Arizona, I mostly like it here.

But I totally agree about the one-sided politics of this state government, esepcially the right-wing clowns in the legislature and queen Jan.

They are nothing but phonies, one moment they throw a fit about too much intrusive government then they pass intrusive legislation like abortion bills.

Do these windbags have nothing better to waste time and taxpayer money on?

Old 08-01-2012, 03:26 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,422,460 times
Not so fast.... Appeals court blocks Arizona's 20-week abortion ban

Old 08-01-2012, 04:36 PM

833 posts, read 1,712,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
Do these windbags have nothing better to waste time and taxpayer money on?
In an attempt to not go TOO far off topic I will give my brief version of my answer to this:

Given the bills they have focused on in the last year+ it is apparent that in their opinion, no, there is nothing better for them to focus on; this is EXACTLY the type of issue that needs to be addressed in order to make Arizona the state the electorate has said they want it to be.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:58 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Native View Post

Then, LEAVE.

So simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: