Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the best weather ?
Phoenix 6 10.71%
Tucson 4 7.14%
Yuma 4 7.14%
Kingman 2 3.57%
Prescott 18 32.14%
Flagstaff 8 14.29%
Page 1 1.79%
Winslow 0 0%
Show Low 4 7.14%
Douglas 2 3.57%
Safford 1 1.79%
Other (please specify) 6 10.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 07:03 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,508,330 times

Advertisements

I actually like Flagstaff's weather. It gets snowy, but unlike the Midwest, at least we get a little bit of sun in the winter time here and there instead of constant gray skies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 08:53 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,946,114 times
The heck with yew people. Yew alls didn't even include Bullhead City. I guess we're just too "hot" for the rest of ya.

Oh, and the best weather for Arizonans is in...
San Diego!

Old 07-16-2013, 07:34 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
The heck with yew people. Yew alls didn't even include Bullhead City. I guess we're just too "hot" for the rest of ya.

Oh, and the best weather for Arizonans is in...
San Diego!
I LIVE in BHC and it's def hot here. If things were different; I'd be looking hard at Kingman but having a decent job where I am puts a stop to any move.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:41 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,090,239 times
I was born in SoCal. Lived there until I got out to Pinetop. SoCal is just one perputual 'summer', no real seasonal change whatsoever. From the age of four I always wanted to live in the mountains, so I voted for the weather up on the mountain (Show/Pinetop-Lakeside).

Once I moved there it was refreshing to actualy have four seasons. I don't care if it's cold and snowy during the winter, that's what winter is for. Fall is for the leaves to change. Spring is for the leaves to come back. And then there's the summer monsoon in AZ, hands down can't be beat.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:56 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,290,783 times
Sierra Vista hands down has the best weather in the state and one of the best in the country. It is the most like California weather but with a lot less humidity. They get a fair amount of rain.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:10 AM

1 posts, read 3,162 times
I really like the Cottonwood area and feel its a good compromise, With heat and cold. Winter weather for me is a HORRID thing. Growing up in Michigan with the cold and snow and fighting to get to work and salt and rust and on and on . Its a hard thing, even as a child it was not that nice wearing layers of clothes, numb fingers and toes. Sliding off the road a couple of times a season in the school bus. Slipping on ice and cracking your head open, or in my case ripping my back up. Paying crazy prices for fuel to keep warm. Spending $ Getting your vehicle undercoated just so it will last a few years, and then praying some joker does not run you off the road totaling your car as he was driving to fast for conditions. Or the 50+ car pile ups on I-94 from blizzard conditions. Getting up 2 hours early to plow your drive just to get out of it. Oh and how can one forget all the snow shoveling fun I can go on and ON but i am sure you get the idea.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:33 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,756,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyenative01 View Post
I actually like Flagstaff's weather. It gets snowy, but unlike the Midwest, at least we get a little bit of sun in the winter time here and there instead of constant gray skies.
Exactly, you beat me to this post. Cool sunshine is my preference.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:37 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,756,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
I was born in SoCal. Lived there until I got out to Pinetop. SoCal is just one perputual 'summer', no real seasonal change whatsoever. From the age of four I always wanted to live in the mountains, so I voted for the weather up on the mountain (Show/Pinetop-Lakeside).

Once I moved there it was refreshing to actualy have four seasons. I don't care if it's cold and snowy during the winter, that's what winter is for. Fall is for the leaves to change. Spring is for the leaves to come back. And then there's the summer monsoon in AZ, hands down can't be beat.
I agree. I spent a couple years in S. Cal out of high school. I did love those rare clear winter days with snow on the mountains and bluebird skies, and fresh 70 degree temps, but the lack of variation bugged me. Boring!!!! I really enjoy all sorts of whether, as long as it changes. Flag is probably a bit too much snow to be ideal, but it is otherwise a nice four season climate, which actually holds much more appeal to me than beach weather 24/7.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:30 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,714,434 times
3000 to 4500 ft is what I consider Arizona's "Banana Belt" happy medium without the extremes of Phoenix heat or Flagstaff cold. Again, I say the best is Cottonwood,Kingman and the Tubac/Rio Rico areas all in the 3000-4500 ft elevation range. People will argue Kingman's wind but it has the touch of 4 seasons without any extremes.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:43 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,321,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
3000 to 4500 ft is what I consider Arizona's "Banana Belt" happy medium without the extremes of Phoenix heat or Flagstaff cold. Again, I say the best is Cottonwood,Kingman and the Tubac/Rio Rico areas all in the 3000-4500 ft elevation range. People will argue Kingman's wind but it has the touch of 4 seasons without any extremes.
Sierra Vista, J-Six and a few other areas of Cochise and eastern Pima County falls within that "Banana belt" happy medium you mention.
TERRIFIC weather at those elevations.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona