Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 03:21 PM

10 posts, read 57,309 times

Advertisements

A few years ago there was this thread on here about Dolan Springs and don't go there. I did read it all and then getting closer to retirement bought a little house there. I like small town living.
Since then the house has been broken into. The garage was broken into and much was stolen. My vintage Shasta camper was trashed and windows smashed. Okay I could deal with that.
This last Thursday we went over to spend a long weekend. ( we will make this our primary residence in October). Up front by the gate are 2 galvanized water barrels. They WERE empty and we just left them there until we could decide where to put them. Some sicko person for some ungodly reason decided to put a dead animal into the one barrel! It's double bagged in white garbage bags. The smell is horrendous! Why o why would someone do this?
I wanted to call the law but my hubby says they would not do anything and we will just bury whatever it is ourselves. I am sick about this!
I thought Las Vegas was crazy!!!

Last edited by observer53; 08-10-2014 at 12:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 03:46 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Damn shame, GG.

Does you house have an "obviously vacant" appearance?

Old 08-09-2014, 04:09 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,336,622 times
There is not a lot of good to say about Dolan Springs. Your not gonna be happy there.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:53 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,085,200 times
Stolen Things AZ. Good luck. Have you considered going into the Meth business?

Old 08-09-2014, 10:28 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,069 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...t-go-here.html

Thats the thread on Dolan Springs. I think all of Arizona has a theft/crime problem. I have had three bicycles stolen in Arizona. I am now in Washington. A local bike business put two brand new bikes out near the street with a total retail value of about $400 and left them out their day and night for about a week unlocked with a for sale sign on them. They wouldnt have lasted 30 minutes in Arizona.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Thats the thread on Dolan Springs. I think all of Arizona has a theft/crime problem. I have had three bicycles stolen in Arizona. I am now in Washington. A local bike business put two brand new bikes out near the street with a total retail value of about $400 and left them out their day and night for about a week unlocked with a for sale sign on them. They wouldnt have lasted 30 minutes in Arizona.
Rather harsh, Borregokid.

I have a feeling your claim could very possibly be accurate for some areas of Arizona, however, to claim it applies to the entire State of Arizona is definitely a "glittering generality" at best.

I relocated to Arizona from Northern California about 15 years ago and can honestly say I feel much safer overall here than I ever did in a number of upscale areas previously.

I also personally know individuals in Washington who are crime victims.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:11 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Rather harsh, Borregokid.

I have a feeling your claim could very possibly be accurate for some areas of Arizona, however, to claim it applies to the entire State of Arizona is definitely a "glittering generality" at best.

I relocated to Arizona from Northern California about 15 years ago and can honestly say I feel much safer overall here than I ever did in a number of upscale areas previously.

I also personally know individuals in Washington who are crime victims.
Agreed. I live in Bullhead City and this town has a def tweaker rep. Tho I've never had a problem with those losers trying to steal stuff and I've been here for almost 2 years. Word is more and more people are working on chasing the meth heads OUT, we're sick of their kind.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:42 AM

8,000 posts, read 17,336,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. I live in Bullhead City and this town has a def tweaker rep. Tho I've never had a problem with those losers trying to steal stuff and I've been here for almost 2 years. Word is more and more people are working on chasing the meth heads OUT, we're sick of their kind.
It's what you have to do. Remember it is "Your Community". Dolan Springs has a little different issue.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:45 AM

10 posts, read 57,309 times
Why would someone just put an animal in a plastic garbage bag and dump it in someone else's yard? I am still having a hard time processing this! Meth heads do this? Will I have to patrol the perimeter 24/7 with my 1911?

Old 08-13-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGothic View Post
Why would someone just put an animal in a plastic garbage bag and dump it in someone else's yard? I am still having a hard time processing this! Meth heads do this? Will I have to patrol the perimeter 24/7 with my 1911?
Just a thought, Granny . . . have you spoken with your neighbors?

Are these "weird" activities happening to everyone or just the homes that appear to be or are vacant?

No expert on Home Security, however, vacant homes seem to attract the bad guys in many, if not most, cases. Possibly placing a vehicle in the Carport / Garage and/or adding lights and even a small radio on timers inside could help.

Definitely something to consider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona