Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 01:21 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,989 times

Advertisements

- I heard Benson is going to be a Boom Town.

Anyone know about the ground breaking details?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 06:39 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Yeah, I've got mixed feeling about this. The new development going in along Highway 90 just a few miles south of the I-10 interchange is slated to increase the population of Benson by a factor of 8 over the next 20 years (adding 28,000 new homes when all is said and done).

There is no doubt it will be a very beautiful new development, and Benson can certainly use the economic boost - the economy still stinks here - but I have real concerns about the water supply, traffic increases etc. It definitely looks like it's going to happen though - with infrastructure work starting this year and actual home construction probably beginning next year. There was a help-wanted ad in the local paper last week for construction workers (the interviews were in Tucson) that I THINK was related to this project.

El Dorado housing development Benson's 'next big thing' - San Pedro Valley News-Sun: News

Benson gives first approval to Villages at Vigneto - San Pedro Valley News-Sun: News

This link has a map of where the development is gong in:

Benson Council OKs Big Development | Arizona Builders Exchange

The planned development is HUGE and will transform this area forever.
Hold on to your hats!!!!!!

Ken

Old 05-23-2015, 06:42 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,735 times
Benson? That's news to me.

Perhaps they're expecting a way-too-early flock of snowbirds.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:09 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, I've got mixed feeling about this. The new development going in along Highway 90 just a few miles south of the I-10 interchange is slated to increase the population of Benson by a factor of 8 over the next 20 years (adding 28,000 new homes when all is said and done).

There is no doubt it will be a very beautiful new development, and Benson can certainly use the economic boost - the economy still stinks here - but I have real concerns about the water supply, traffic increases etc. It definitely looks like it's going to happen though - with infrastructure work starting this year and actual home construction probably beginning next year. There was a help-wanted ad in the local paper last week for construction workers (the interviews were in Tucson) that I THINK was related to this project.

El Dorado housing development Benson's 'next big thing' - San Pedro Valley News-Sun: News

Benson gives first approval to Villages at Vigneto - San Pedro Valley News-Sun: News

This link has a map of where the development is gong in:

Benson Council OKs Big Development | Arizona Builders Exchange

The planned development is HUGE and will transform this area forever.
Hold on to your hats!!!!!!

Ken
Agreed. Isn't Cochise County where there are some real worries over water supplies?

Old 05-24-2015, 09:54 PM

- Thanks LordBalfor.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:50 AM

- Well it seems they're already changing their plans
from the cookie cutter neighborhoods with walls.
To open range bigger parcels of home sites.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. Isn't Cochise County where there are some real worries over water supplies?
- You know I've seen it over and over again...
where there is concerns over one issue or another...till surprisingly, it not an issue at all.
Funny how that happens isn't it (?) then the one's who had so many concerns over an issue look foolish.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Yeah, water is the big issue down here - as it is in pretty much all of the southwest.

Ken

Old 05-25-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
- You know I've seen it over and over again...
where there is concerns over one issue or another...till surprisingly, it not an issue at all.
Funny how that happens isn't it (?) then the one's who had so many concerns over an issue look foolish.
Which is one of the reasons Lake Mead etc is running dry. People just keep pumping water anyway and just close their eyes to the decreasing levels of the water tables - but you can only get away with that for so long. Not saying that's necessarily the case here. There IS water available. The question is what is it going to do to the folks who already have wells? Will new (ie deeper) wells have to be drilled by those people when thousands of new homes lower the water table below the level of their wells - and if so, who will pay for it?
As someone WITH a well in the area, I have a personal stake in how all this plays out.
Lots of issues come up when you have that kind of massive growth.

Ken

Old 06-09-2015, 06:50 AM

So you believe that in 15 to 20 years digging your Well deeper
is going to be your main concern?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona