Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 07:17 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,091,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Buildings View Post
the rock formation in Arizona's mountains is too sharp and rocky. Not really hilly or sloped. The mountains around Phoenix always stay brown and look like endless fields of sand.
Since you love buildings I am going to respectfully and sarcastically ask the rest of the board to ignore any post you make regarding natural scenery and perhaps put you on their 'ignore' list, and then sarcastically ask the moderators of this site to delete same.

Seriously, for Bruce81, that road runs both ways. I was a native of the southern portion of the CSSR and had all those places and the beach at my fingertips as well. Got tired of it all over 20 years ago. One can only 'beach' so much and the rest of California got so full of Californians I found it hard to enjoy anymore. If you prefer to be in the 'midst' of all those people, then that it for you. Me, I do not. Got tired of trying to explore the back roads of the CSSR only to find someone's house overlooking it.

Arizona you can really get away from folks if you want. You can spend days on the back roads and not see very many people, and especially any one's home.

And then there's the gun laws, no comparison, hands down. Oh, and yeah, the cost of living is way cheaper than the CSSR and even where I live currently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 07:21 PM

387 posts, read 511,852 times
I guess the ocean wasn't a deciding factor for you then. Not a deal breaker for some but it is for me!

Old 04-22-2016, 09:25 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,808,542 times
I don't think it has anything to do with politics. I don't know why people are arguing that. It has to do with amazing recreation, near perfect weather, and big cities with good employment rates (in a lot of it, anyway). It's like the trifecta.

When California was Republican it was practically nothing. LA and SF weren't the economic powerhouses they are today. It's not good enough argument. If California was Republican yesterday and suddenly became Democratic today then yeah, it would be worth talking about.

Old 04-23-2016, 09:40 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,898,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Buildings View Post
I guess the ocean wasn't a deciding factor for you then. Not a deal breaker for some but it is for me!
Uh; it's well known we DON'T have any oceanfront property, griping about that would the same as 1 of us from Arizona griping about Minnesota not having decent weather. It is what it is.

Old 04-23-2016, 10:17 AM

299 posts, read 439,795 times
because its obnoxiously hot, not as wealthy, and there is no ocean... also it's a desert -- I grew up in California and recently moved to AZ for grad. school, AZ is no where near as beautiful as Northern California. It's very dry and brown here... not a lot of green. Lots of chain stores... blah.

Sorry if this offends anyone

Old 04-23-2016, 10:28 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,952,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizillla View Post
because its obnoxiously hot, not as wealthy, and there is no ocean... also it's a desert -- I grew up in California and recently moved to AZ for grad. school, AZ is no where near as beautiful as Northern California. It's very dry and brown here... not a lot of green. Lots of chain stores... blah.
Wow, you've seen the entire state of Arizona, huh?

Impressive. One wonders when you find time for school.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:16 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,946,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizillla View Post

Sorry if this offends anyone

Arizona has the largest Ponderosa pine forests in the world, Palm Springs is hotter than AZ in the summer and is not green at all. I think you need to compare the entire state not just 1 area. I do agree that California weather is better than AZ weather but California is old, not maintained and has crazy liberals destroying what is left of it.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:22 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,629,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Arizona has the largest Ponderosa pine forests in the world, Palm Springs is hotter than AZ in the summer and is not green at all. I think you need to compare the entire state not just 1 area. I do agree that California weather is better than AZ weather but California is old, not maintained and has crazy liberals destroying what is left of it.
I'll take California weather over Arizona, and I'll take Arizona weather over Colorado. I cannot stand snow and cold.

Old 04-24-2016, 09:32 AM

675 posts, read 1,414,325 times
It's a combination of several factors.
First, there's a lot of wealth from the entertainment industry and tech industry that has helped to drive up the cost of living.
Then on top of that, the liberal politics has made running a business more costly than other states. Just one example is the overtime laws. In California, businesses have to be pay employees time & a half if they go over 8 hours in a day, whereas the rest of the country it's over 40 hours in a week before overtime kicks in, regardless of how many per day. This adds cost to everything, which is passed on to the consumer in higher prices.
Decades of this type of environment has caused the cost of living to be ridiculous in CA.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:40 AM

2,338 posts, read 4,714,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Palm Springs has 11000 ft San Jacinto Peak as a backdrop and is minutes...not hours from greenery. CA and AZ have the most ecoregions in the entire country with 12 and 10 respectively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona