Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2016, 10:48 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,957,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
As a public service, I have recently launched my new website.

Http://TheTinFoilHatter.com

Updates to come!

Oh thank goodness, just in time! I just read the gubbermint is seeding the chemtrails to turn everyone GAY! It was on the internet so it must be true. Do you take bulk orders?

Oh wait, I'm already gay.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 10:26 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,306,020 times
A lot of Phoenix residents love posts like this because this was the fastest growing city in the country for a number of years. It has gotten crowded and very busy. They have to build another freeway (South Mountain) because the traffic has gotten worse due to the number of people. So any posts to discourage people from moving here is a plus. Actions speak louder than words. Anyone can troll about a city, but when hundreds of thousands of people are moving to a city, that should tell you what people really think about a city. Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one and carries little weight. Actions actually mean something.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:07 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,889,745 times
Default Az is a good place to live

I got to say is a great place live and play. I lived here for 7 years and moved back to Florida. 2 years working in Miami with all the issues, I returned back to AZ.

Arizona is great if you appreciate your rights and especially ones 2nd Amendment Rights. One still can buy a home at a reasonable cost.

AZ is Great!

Old 07-08-2016, 05:59 PM

564 posts, read 449,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Man, oh man. The political corruption of this place knows no bounds. Now the FBI is involved:

FBI Investigsting APS, Corporation Commission and more

I am sure that this with all the other reasons should instill in any one thinking about relocating or even visiting Arizona to drastically rethink their plans. I mean from the looks of it, I do not know if there are this many negative threads in any of the other states' sections here.

So that in and of itself should tell all to stay away.
Corrupt if you fail to kowtow to this administration. The efforts of former Gov. Brewer and Maricopa and Pinal sheriffs' attempts to enforce the laws of the state and laws of the federal government, as well as an annoying tendency to favor the U.S. Constitution over the whims of the person in the White House, have been met with intolerance by the "tolerant" Progressives. Any questions?

Old 07-08-2016, 08:13 PM

GHOSTRIDER - Hush up!

If more people move here it's gonna be all your fault!

Old 07-13-2016, 01:28 PM

38 posts, read 48,362 times
You folks should hop on over to city vs. city and find my thread comparing Spokane to Tucson.

Reason I mention it is because I see a lot of Washington state references here. Didn't realize so many transplants came down to Tucson from the Sasquatch State.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:35 PM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,192,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
Corrupt if you fail to kowtow to this administration. The efforts of former Gov. Brewer and Maricopa and Pinal sheriffs' attempts to enforce the laws of the state and laws of the federal government, as well as an annoying tendency to favor the U.S. Constitution over the whims of the person in the White House, have been met with intolerance by the "tolerant" Progressives. Any questions?
I have a couple. As people here buy into that nonsense that they have more individual rights and liberties than in other states, and the recreational marijuana measure had enough signatures to appear on the ballot, then why is the state trying to nullify the will of the people by preventing it from appearing on the ballot in November? I saw that on the news the other night. Also, I have general questions about Arizona's extensive individual liberties and extremely invasive abortion laws, as this state is one of the most restrictive in the country. Could you justify that point for me?

Old 07-13-2016, 07:58 PM

This post courtesy of "SaffordPastor" too good to let go to waste.

As far as the animals in Az go....the Gila Monsters are definitely the worst. 15-30 feet long, breathe fire and like to feast on Chicagoan's and snowbirds.....very fast, if you encounter one don't try to run...or climb a tree either, they can skedaddle up a tree like a Polynesian coconut chipper.

Other then these Az is pretty safe.

One more piece of advice. Always keep a few Chihuahuas around. Coyotes are people too and need food like anybody else....and Chihuahuas are a very nutritional snack for them and will keep them from eating your children.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:27 PM

44,635 posts, read 61,653,458 times
Also BEWARE of those wild Jack-A-Lopes, they can pick up your car with those

antlers and flip you over...

Old 07-13-2016, 11:56 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,610,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
I would like to thank everyone who participated in this thread, and especially those who 'got it'. You know who you are.

Tomorrow, I am taking it upon myself to leave on a road trip to go and visit this terrible place Arizona for a couple weeks or so. I feel the need to see for myself all the corrupt politicians, all the welfare recipients, the dark money handlers, the awful landscape(s), the blatant racism, the LDS 'rule' of the state, all the unhappy teachers (maybe before or while they are fleeing), the intolerance, all the depressed people, etc., and last but not least: All the folks carrying guns. Oh my.

I am sure it will be an arduous task, but I take it on so that I can come back and report as the man on the ground for the rest of you.
You forgot killer bees and scorpions. Have a fun trip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona