Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 02:00 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,790,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
1. But to continue; Arizona is a welfare state and leaches off the rest of the country:
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
2. And do not forget the infamous Arizona SB1070, the most racist bill ever passed in the history of the world.
Perhaps, number 2 is connected to, or the result of number 1. How can AZ support a huge influx of migrants over its southern border? How can AZ absorb all these migrants who don't speak English, often have no skills, have children, many of these migrants are in need of medical care, they don't have any money, or insurance. They need to be fed (EBT), their children will attend school and be educated for free, they will dilute the job market, which often brings down wages. If they live in poverty they are a risk for committing crimes in order to survive; they get free legal, and incarceration is expensive. They contribute to a drain on resources. Exacerbate concerns over dwindling water supply with increasing population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 02:56 PM

2,774 posts, read 5,729,479 times

Old 03-23-2018, 03:05 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,615,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Perhaps, number 2 is connected to, or the result of number 1. How can AZ support a huge influx of migrants over its southern border? How can AZ absorb all these migrants who don't speak English, often have no skills, have children, many of these migrants are in need of medical care, they don't have any money, or insurance. They need to be fed (EBT), their children will attend school and be educated for free, they will dilute the job market, which often brings down wages. If they live in poverty they are a risk for committing crimes in order to survive; they get free legal, and incarceration is expensive. They contribute to a drain on resources. Exacerbate concerns over dwindling water supply with increasing population.
Yep.

You've just been sucked into the Terrible Arizona vortex.

We hereby acknowledge your contribution.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:15 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,913,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuglf View Post
I think that's right! Also, along with the exceptional heat, summer brings the incredible storms of monsoon. Something to look forward to in this horrible place.

Oh yeah! One of those could blow your house down they are so bad! And they will wreck your roof if they don't blow it down. Ugh. Not looking forward to it!!

Old 03-25-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I'm being very careful about what I say to or tell Minnesota folks. Don't want a bunch of them moving here! Heck, a bunch of farmers, fishermen/women & whatnot. Nope, don't need those Minnesota Nice folks here!

But, we'll see about summer. Maybe I'll tell them how hot it is & they'll stay away.

LOL...hey, I know you're one of those "Minnesota Nice folks" and happy to have you here to share the miseries! However, I suggest you invite others in August!

Old 03-25-2018, 04:30 PM

7,050 posts, read 6,305,249 times
Sorry, couldn't rep you again.

I'm not sure August would work. I came to visit the last part of July I think & it didn't stop me.

Maybe September though. I found it a bit warm here in September, right after I moved here. September & October in Minnesota are gorgeous & they wouldn't like the heat. Um, that might not be a bad idea.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:10 PM

7,050 posts, read 6,305,249 times
Sheesh, here it is, not even April & already I had to change from sweats to light pants & a tee shirt! Just how long does this hot weather last? It's already 76° for Pete's sake.

Next thing you know I'll have to turn on the fan! What a terrible place to live indeed.

Last edited by meo92953; 03-29-2018 at 05:33 PM..

Old 03-29-2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Sorry, couldn't rep you again.

I'm not sure August would work. I came to visit the last part of July I think & it didn't stop me.

Maybe September though. I found it a bit warm here in September, right after I moved here. September & October in Minnesota are gorgeous & they wouldn't like the heat. Um, that might not be a bad idea.

Yeah, Sept. is still a bit "warm" but you wouldn't want them to miss witnessing one of our ferocious summer storms, would you?? If the heat didn't get them one of those might! lol You guys have way 'better' storms than we do up here most of the time. Up here I never have to pull off the road during a hard storm because I can't see the road!

Old 03-29-2018, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Sheesh, here it is, not even April & already I had to change from sweats to light pants & a tee shirt! Just how long does this hot weather last? It's already 76° for Pete's sake.

Next thing you know I'll have to turn on the fan! What a terrible place to live indeed.

You too, huh? I've had to get up and turn the ceiling fan on in the bedroom a couple of times already. I guess it's time to put away the flannel PJs. Got some nice over sized tee shirts ready to wear!

Old 03-30-2018, 08:20 AM

643 posts, read 507,122 times
Is Mesa a good location? I know a married couple with a baby who lives in Mesa they seem to enjoy living there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona