Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 10:48 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,474,107 times

Advertisements

Within the top 9 anyways.....from some of the most recent Census data, we are 1 of only 9 states that have the highest population growth using a 1 year data snapshot:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fastes...145000820.html

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 06:34 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,731,629 times
Nice graphic!

Old 01-09-2017, 08:17 AM

1,013 posts, read 979,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Within the top 9 anyways.....from some of the most recent Census data, we are 1 of only 9 states that have the highest population growth using a 1 year data snapshot:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fastes...145000820.html

What that graphic tells me is that people aren't just moving from one state to another. Births and immigration from other countries are a big part of this.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:29 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,971,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Once again not surprising no one wants to live in the Midwest unless its completely necessary. Life is always better near either the Mexico or Canadian border for something else to see. I rather live near the Mexico border cause Canada feels pretty much the same as USA.
That's not entirely true. Many cities up there are experiencing huge turnarounds. Living in the Chicago area myself, I knew people from all over the country that moved there because they wanted to. Sounds crazy to people like us who prefer warm weather, but there are plenty of areas in the Midwest that are quite desirable.

And people from NM shouldn't talk. Your state is amongst the poorest and most economically depressed, and also experienced net outmigration. I can only imagine NM if they were part of the Rust Belt and hit hard like places of the Midwest were, no one would live there at this point.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:52 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,474,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
What that graphic tells me is that people aren't just moving from one state to another. Births and immigration from other countries are a big part of this.
I think it's hard to draw that conclusion from just that graphic but here's the concrete numbers on foreign born residents/immigration(legal immigration for the most part I'd guess) coming into AZ from the Census data:

Arizona QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

"Foreign born persons, percent, 2011-2015 13.5%."

In the end, this number indicates the vast majority of those moving to AZ are from stateside and I'd guess mostly from states/regions where residents/populations are fleeing in large numbers.

Old 01-18-2017, 12:50 PM

121 posts, read 84,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Finally, Arizona beat out Texas and Florida as the most moved to state.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...9UrHW471BTyLrQ
WHY? This would be more helpful to those who are considering Arizona, and haven't been there, if you could cite reasons for this migration. For example, Texas has NO state income tax - Arizona does. and it actually rains in Texas. What are the benefits of living in Arizona?

Old 01-18-2017, 08:49 PM

113 posts, read 113,825 times
AZ has rains from time to time and has moderate temperature. You can basically walk outside in gym shorts most of the year. Plus there are a lot of tourist traps. So visiting Arizona is a nice place and has a lot of culture.

Now living here is something different. There might be 6 season that experts say however to the rest of the country it's just fall and summer. If you like Arizona heat so much turn on the oven and jump in. Being a technologist I have to say education can be taught online so brick and molder schools need to update themselves no matter where. Also when so many people are moving here, it almost seems like you could be fighting to get a job at McDonald's. So just like any other city there are pros and cons. I choose to look at both and see what makes a bigger impact on my life and the cons outweight the pros for myself.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:02 PM

9 posts, read 9,497 times
If you can handle the heat Arizona is really a great state to live in! We have a lot of great outdoor areas for hiking and exploring. And the winter is beautiful!

Old 01-19-2017, 06:07 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,465,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Its always been like that, and always will be. So many are escaping Commiefornia and coming here, and it looks like the trend will never end. Just like CO, Californians are gonna drag us down the toilet I fear.
Yes. It's a plot we Californians have to turn "your" red state blue. We're building a block of blue, not to be confused with the weird bikers that plan to be "A WALL OF MEAT" at the inauguration tomorrow.

LOL. Y'all are so silly.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:09 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,507,348 times
Huh - the state that grew the most in population between July 1, 2015, and July 1, 2016, was Utah. 2.3% growth in Utah's population during that year. Wouldn't have thunk it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: