Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 06:19 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,431,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissB89 View Post
If you can handle the heat Arizona is really a great state to live in! We have a lot of great outdoor areas for hiking and exploring. And the winter is beautiful!
I agree that Arizona has beautiful winters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 06:25 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,487,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Huh - the state that grew the most in population between July 1, 2015, and July 1, 2016, was Utah. 2.3% growth in Utah's population during that year. Wouldn't have thunk it.
Utah has a higher birth rate, I would imagine.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:52 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,535,455 times
Utah has a higher birth rate, I would imagine.

Truth could very well be the above, indeed.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:33 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,440,638 times
They don't drink, they don't gamble, so, what you gonna do.....

Old 01-21-2017, 10:20 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,535,455 times
They don't drink, they don't gamble, so, what you gonna do.....

Si - si - si!

Old 01-21-2017, 01:30 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,671,606 times
I still don't get all the hate for California, I love it there, and once my fiance gets her B.A. at ASU, we are moving from Phoenix to Pomona

Old 01-22-2017, 06:35 AM

2,653 posts, read 3,062,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
That's not entirely true. Many cities up there are experiencing huge turnarounds. Living in the Chicago area myself, I knew people from all over the country that moved there because they wanted to. Sounds crazy to people like us who prefer warm weather, but there are plenty of areas in the Midwest that are quite desirable.

And people from NM shouldn't talk. Your state is amongst the poorest and most economically depressed, and also experienced net outmigration. I can only imagine NM if they were part of the Rust Belt and hit hard like places of the Midwest were, no one would live there at this point.

I'm glad you brought up NM. What the heck are they doing wrong there (aside from always voting solidly blue)? It's not like it's an ugly state or one with terrible climate. A bit geographically isolated, however.

Also noteworthy on your map/graphs: IL is bleeding people. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:54 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,490,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I still don't get all the hate for California, I love it there, and once my fiance gets her B.A. at ASU, we are moving from Phoenix to Pomona
Here's a hint for you on one of the biggest cities there:

One-third ponder leaving Bay Area amid costs, congestion - SFGate

Compared to AZ with it's not cheap/but more reasonable cost of living in comparison, far less congestion in many parts in comparison, and to many a state that is less nanny like on many levels, I think the answer is clear and is why there are far more people leaving CA for AZ than people leaving AZ for CA.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:56 AM

4,517 posts, read 5,078,089 times
And still you people keep electing that idiot McCain. How many more sensible people have to move to AZ before you through the bum out ?

Old 01-22-2017, 02:58 PM

8,048 posts, read 12,306,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Most people do love it there, but mainly for the tourist attractions. Living in CA is a whole different aspect than visiting a few times, which you'll find out eventually. Case in point: I have regularly stayed in San Diego during the summer, and I love it there because it's so much nicer climate wise than Phoenix that time of year ... however, the cost of practically everything is sky high. It's gotten to the point where even vacationers are finding it difficult to stay within budget due to the high cost of gas, food, etc. (even taking into account some of the good deals on hotels & some of the attractions). I won't even mention all the ridiculous laws CA has in place, which is another reason many people are wanting to move out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: