Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should AZ have more military license plates?
Yes 15 32.61%
No 26 56.52%
Army 3 6.52%
Navy 4 8.70%
Air Force 3 6.52%
Coast Guard 1 2.17%
National Guard 1 2.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 04:30 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,534,402 times

Advertisements

I've bought new cars before, not the expensive luxury cars. Just the simple Nissan and Mazdas for commuting to work and home.

The simple cars are the best, Hschlick84. I loathe Beemers and Mercedes-Benz'. Loathe them. But take a look at a Kia Forte, Nissan Sentra or Mitsubishi Lancer GT, and my eyes and ears perk right up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 05:55 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,684,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
I've bought new cars before, not the expensive luxury cars. Just the simple Nissan and Mazdas for commuting to work and home.

The simple cars are the best, Hschlick84. I loathe Beemers and Mercedes-Benz'. Loathe them. But take a look at a Kia Forte, Nissan Sentra or Mitsubishi Lancer GT, and my eyes and ears perk right up!
Said no car guy ever.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:52 AM

Just as spicy as ever, Detroit Ted NugentN8V. Some things never change. So you're goofy enough to say that someone that loves smaller cars or economy cars can't be a "car guy?" You're probably an Arizona Cardinals fan, too. They would suit you well, too. Beemers and always reaching Cardinals, always trying to defeat the Seahawks but for many, many reasons just never, ever good enough ta get the job done!

Old 03-04-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Just as spicy as ever, Detroit Ted NugentN8V. Some things never change. So you're goofy enough to say that someone that loves smaller cars or economy cars can't be a "car guy?" You're probably an Arizona Cardinals fan, too. They would suit you well, too. Beemers and always reaching Cardinals, always trying to defeat the Seahawks but for many, many reasons just never, ever good enough ta get the job done!
What a bizarre post. But yes, someone that doesn't appreciate a fine driver's car and prefers a Kia definitely cannot be considered a car guy. A practical and prudent guy, sure. Car guy? Definitely not.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:25 AM

3,976 posts, read 2,001,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Peligroso View Post
USMC is the only branch that matters. The Air Force is a corporation, Army vets can't afford to drive and Navy vets all lost their licenses anyways.
Hmmmm...........

I recall, as a Navy Seabee, getting into NE Saudi Arabia just prior to Desert Storm, so we could build a camp for some USMC types to live in. I'm thinking those Marines appreciated those GP tents (medium), galley, showers and the Seabees on watch on perimeter security.

Just sayin they might have mattered.....

Old 03-04-2018, 04:34 PM

Detroit, just like you support Arizonans driving while stoned on pot as being right, you also incorrectly think that a guy who likes more attractive, economical automobiles more than McMansion-ish BMW's and MB's, is not or can not be a car guy.

Born ta make up your own rules, huh, DetroitTedNugentN8V? Never thought you would make something as simple as that an argumentive thing. Yikes.

Last edited by elkotronics; 03-04-2018 at 04:53 PM..

Old 03-04-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Detroit, just like you support Arizonans driving while stoned on pot as being right, you also incorrectly think that a guy who likes more attractive, economical automobiles more than McMansion-ish BMW's and MB's, is not or can not be a car guy.

Born ta make up your own rules, huh, DetroitTedNugentN8V? Never thought you would make something as simple as that an argumentive thing. Yikes.
I absolutely do not support intoxicated drivers in any way. Don’t put words in my mouth. If you can get excited over rental cars, great. Enjoy your cute little econoboxes.

Old 03-12-2018, 06:32 AM

269 posts, read 217,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
AZ currently has Marine Corp, Military Support (freedom), Veteran and woman veteran plates. Where are the other branches, Army, Navy, Coast Guard and Air Force license plates? With the amount of veterans living in AZ, we deserve a larger selection.
I was researching and noticed a Luke Air Force Base license plate that looks better over just the veteran plate. Being a Navy vet, it would be nice to have one for that branch. I will be choosing the Luke Air Force base plate.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:06 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,713,521 times
For those that don't know, your taxes on your license plates start out based on the MSRP of the vehicle. It does not make any difference what you pay for the car or truck, it's all based on the suggested retail.
If you look at the ads you will see in some cases large discounts from MSRP but that does not change the place value which decreases over about 10 years of the life of the vehicle.
So even if you buy a left over model which the manufacturer has reduced the price to the dealer to sell it you don't save any money on license fees.
The 1/2 ton truck is one of the most popular vehicles in the country today and I was looking at the MSRP of the different brands and they all seem to be at about $30,000 and range to over $60,000 for a HD truck.
Our Pacifica that we bought last May stickered for almost $35,000 and that did not include a lot of luxury items that came on the higher models.
I had to have a van type vehicle to carry my wheelchair and lift, like it or not.
Being a bit older, I can remember when cars were in the $2000-4000 range new, not anymore.
Whatever the market will bare I guess.

Old 03-25-2018, 06:03 PM

8,285 posts, read 8,696,431 times
They only need one style of plate. All cars should have the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: