Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should AZ have more military license plates?
Yes 15 32.61%
No 26 56.52%
Army 3 6.52%
Navy 4 8.70%
Air Force 3 6.52%
Coast Guard 1 2.17%
National Guard 1 2.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 12:15 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,638,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
As an Army vet of some 6 years, 66-72, frankly I refuse to pay extra to have a plate saying I am a vet.
Just stupid in my opinion.
Thank you for your service. I did my time in the US Navy from 2002-2006, just a year after 9/11 and right after high school graduation. It was a great adventure and learning experience.

Aside from that, you're free to choose not to purchase the plates. However, its great that AZ is finally recognizing all the branches (sorry Space Force) and giving people options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 02:46 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Thank you for your service. I did my time in the US Navy from 2002-2006, just a year after 9/11 and right after high school graduation. It was a great adventure and learning experience.

Aside from that, you're free to choose not to purchase the plates. However, its great that AZ is finally recognizing all the branches (sorry Space Force) and giving people options.
I like the fact you chased it down, and got it done. Not so easy to do with the government. Good job!

Even after 22 years of active duty service, I personally would likely not choose a veteran plate myself, although I see why others would.

Unless it said "22 year combat tested U.S. Navy Seabee Veteran.
Because even Marines need Heroes".

Then I would put that sh*t both in front and behind my truck. And on my motorcycle.

I respect all veterans, but a plate like that would start way too many stoplight conversations I would really enjoy, Lol. (I have a soft spot for Marines in particular)

Last summer in Prescott I saw a big 4WD Dodge Ram truck with a large Seabee decal on it , my old unit number, and a Desert Storm emblem on it. I was betting I actually knew this guy, and I really wanted to talk to him.

I followed him down W Gurley street, but he quick turned south on Cory Ave and I lost track of him.

That stuff sticks with you for life.

Old 05-23-2020, 05:26 PM

35,080 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Speaking of plate I tried to get "COVID-19" in New York. They have temporarily suspended making vanity plates.

Old 01-17-2022, 04:49 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,638,553 times
Looks like they have 13 new Veteran license plates available to add on your vehicle

Veteran

Air Force
Navy
Coast Guard
Army
Marines
Code Talker
Foreign Wars
VFW Auxiliary

The rest are for Women Veterans with 5 distinctive branches

https://azdot.gov/motor-vehicles/veh...ate-selections

I ordered the US Navy one for my white Nissan 370Z, will look great!

Old 02-10-2022, 05:07 PM

892 posts, read 1,500,880 times
"Thank you for your service to your country, and desire to commemorate it! In return, we shall grant you the special privilege to pay even more than your current outrageous license fee by paying even more for your plate. Oh, and we almost forgot...you'll be getting an extra super duper privliege of paying that extra fee every year, despite our only having the print the plate once! Isn't that extra special?!"

No thanks. I'll go spend that money at Home Depot. At least they give me 10% off without making a big deal about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: