Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2018, 09:12 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,095,192 times

Advertisements

Been havin' a nice steady rain for an hour or so, and then the light show started.

Thank you. It's great.

In a terrible sort of way, hehe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2018, 07:12 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times
It's raining & thundering. Awesome.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:40 PM

Tonight is strange. We had some thunder a couple of hours ago that moved off. But now as the sun is setting, the sky has turned orange. Almost as if there was a fire nearby. But there isn't. With a sky of this color there would be the usual smell of smoke, but there is none.

Fascinating.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:49 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times
Sure has been warm lately. I know, it's Arizona, what did I expect.

Clouds are finally moving in again though & hoping for some more rain to cool it down again.

The paper said the drought is hurting/,killing the wild horses & people are bringing gallons of water & food to them. They need the rain too! As do all the wild animals. Gosh, haven't even heard the coyotes lately.

When I visited last year I was awed & impressed by the monsoon. Haven't seen that majestic downpour yet. There's been some rain but not like what I saw when I visited.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:51 AM

It's actually dried out up here the last couple days/nights. But the humidity is still higher than a month or so ago.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:49 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,911,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post

Clouds are finally moving in again though & hoping for some more rain to cool it down again.

The paper said the drought is hurting/,killing the wild horses & people are bringing gallons of water & food to them. They need the rain too! As do all the wild animals. Gosh, haven't even heard the coyotes lately.

When I visited last year I was awed & impressed by the monsoon. Haven't seen that majestic downpour yet. There's been some rain but not like what I saw when I visited.

You should have been with me the first couple of days of my trip. I got caught in three huge downpours. The worst one I had to get off the road and just sit for about a half hour. Just across the CO state line. Got hit in AZ, NM and CO. Checked with home and no rain, yet. Then, a few days later, they really got it here. I saw pics online of flooding in Flagstaff. I was in Sioux Falls, SD for a week and it was in the low 80s, humid and off and on rain. Actually felt pretty good. Coming home, by the time I got to NM, it was definitely HOT again.

The biggest Monsoon storms I've experienced in your area were in August. You've got time yet.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:17 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
It's actually dried out up here the last couple days/nights. But the humidity is still higher than a month or so ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
You should have been with me the first couple of days of my trip. I got caught in three huge downpours. The worst one I had to get off the road and just sit for about a half hour. Just across the CO state line. Got hit in AZ, NM and CO. Checked with home and no rain, yet. Then, a few days later, they really got it here. I saw pics online of flooding in Flagstaff. I was in Sioux Falls, SD for a week and it was in the low 80s, humid and off and on rain. Actually felt pretty good. Coming home, by the time I got to NM, it was definitely HOT again.

The biggest Monsoon storms I've experienced in your area were in August. You've got time yet.
The Monsoon is fickle. Comes and goes as it pleases. Some hits and some misses. Wild horses (etc) love it when they find streams and vegetation, because there's not as much in between...

Must be why Arizona continues to be a desert phenomena.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:10 AM

872 posts, read 1,000,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
YES!!

Looking at the numbers really shows you

115 back in early July the humidity was single digits with DP in high 30s

Back in June the same thing but even lower DPs

Now we see DPs in upper 40/50s at minimum

That's a big deal for us considering we are use to DPs being from 0-40s the rest of the year

So 115 in June IS different than 115 in Aug/Sept

Info from wunderground history data

Old 07-25-2018, 11:56 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnvlv247 View Post
YES!!

Looking at the numbers really shows you

115 back in early July the humidity was single digits with DP in high 30s

Back in June the same thing but even lower DPs

Now we see DPs in upper 40/50s at minimum

That's a big deal for us considering we are use to DPs being from 0-40s the rest of the year

So 115 in June IS different than 115 in Aug/Sept

Info from wunderground history data
That's why the Monsoon is Arizona's fifth season!

Old 07-25-2018, 10:05 PM

525 posts, read 279,624 times
According to the old school method, the monsoon season officially started on July 8th this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona