Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 08:28 PM

2,809 posts, read 3,195,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
First, I didn't say Trump did anything wrong. I said standard protocol wasn't followed. I then corrected my post with the correct information that only 2 days were REQUIRED, in post #36. Yes, some of us do admit mistakes and try to post correct information.

However, PRIOR presidents have issued a proclamation to fly the flag at half staff at the capitol until date of internment for the death of sitting Senators, thus setting up a protocol that has been followed since Eisenhower. Trump did not follow prior protocol, but simply the exact (to the minute) requirement. He only opted to follow established protocol when pressured to do so. That is not fake news, that is fact. And it was disrespectful IMO, regardless of what party someone might belong to. Personally, I found it offensive as an Arizonan.
Where was your (fake) outrage over the Failing NYT calling McCain a racist in his 2008 presidential campaign? You should be mostly offended by your own fakeness, if anything. The same is true for the whole liberal hypocrite fake McCain admiration, as long as he can be used against the President, and otherwise be thrown under the bus (like they did before, not only in 2008) as soon as he's no longer useful for this purpose. I'd be ashamed if I was so fake. There's just no level of fakeness these people will stop at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 09:32 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,705,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential_Landlord View Post
Where was your (fake) outrage over the Failing NYT calling McCain a racist in his 2008 presidential campaign? You should be mostly offended by your own fakeness, if anything. The same is true for the whole liberal hypocrite fake McCain admiration, as long as he can be used against the President, and otherwise be thrown under the bus (like they did before, not only in 2008) as soon as he's no longer useful for this purpose. I'd be ashamed if I was so fake. There's just no level of fakeness these people will stop at.
Perfect! Amazing performance! LOL!

Old 08-28-2018, 03:15 AM

4,468 posts, read 10,644,529 times
We are all entitled to our own opinions. That's the beauty of free speech.

Old 08-28-2018, 07:51 AM

3,768 posts, read 5,891,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
The correct government protocol for a member of congress is flag 1/2 mast for 2 days.

The flag shall be flown at half-staff 30 days from the death of the President or a former President; 10 days from the day of death of the Vice President, the Chief Justice or a retired Chief Justice of the United States, or the Speaker of the House of Representatives; advert of the sizegenetics; from the day of death until interment of an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, a Secretary of an executive or military department, a former Vice President, or the Governor of a State, territory, or possession; and on the day of death and the following day for a Member of Congress.

Potus Trump did nothing wrong FAKE NEWS

About Half Staff Flag Notifications | HALF STAFF AMERICAN FLAG NOTIFICATIONS HALF STAFF AMERICAN FLAG NOTIFICATIONS

Thank you for this. Again, I don't believe the MSM and don't bother to watch it (including Fox News).

Old 08-28-2018, 11:25 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,941,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
Thank you for this. Again, I don't believe the MSM and don't bother to watch it (including Fox News).

I got caught on that too. I thought the flag was to be at half staff until the funeral was over. Guess I was wrong and in that case I guess Trump didn't really do anything wrong. Everybody who left theirs as is were neither right nor wrong.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:40 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,444,886 times
Nice pic on shorpy. There are great pics of AZ on it, click on a phote and it shows the most minute details.
John McCain: 1936-2018 | Shorpy | Historical Photos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona