Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2020, 04:25 PM

6,098 posts, read 2,721,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
The skipping a meal is one of the craziest begs for cash ever but what interests in China does McSally have?
According to her most recent financial disclosure form, which she filed with the U.S. Senate in August 2019, McSally was invested in mutual funds that invest in Chinese companies or bonds issued by China’s communist government. Among those companies is the technology company Tencent, which invested in Kelly’s World View Enterprises and has become the focal point of GOP attacks against the presumptive Democratic nominee.

McSally had between $18,000 and $95,000 invested in the four mutual funds. Those funds have investments in a handful of of Chinese companies: e-commerce giant Alibaba; entertainment and technology conglomerate Tencent; Ping An Insurance; AIA Group, a Hong Kong-based life insurance company; JD.com, an e-commerce company; NetEase, a technology company; China Construction Bank Corp; China Mengniu Dairy; and Chinese government bonds.

The Senate’s financial disclosure rules require only that candidates report which of several dollar ranges their investments fall into, not specific amounts.

McSally sold off those investments last year, campaign manager Dylan Lefler told the Mirror.

https://www.azmirror.com/2020/05/21/...vestments-too/

Old 08-26-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
she had some mutual funds last year that had some $$ invested in some Chinese concerns but sold them off..

additionally, I heard she ate egg rolls a few weeks ago, so that pretty much ties her to China too..
I'm sorry but if your number 1 attack on your opponent is he benefited financially from China your house better be clean or else you look like a hypocrite.

Old 08-26-2020, 04:29 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,917,814 times
newsflash!!

politicians say and do anything to get votes/funding/elected..

Old 08-26-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
newsflash!!

politicians say and do anything to get votes/funding/elected..
I'm not saying Kelly's nose is clean. But after watching Sally for the past two years be nothing but a Trump puppet I've had enough my vote goes to Kelly.

Old 08-26-2020, 04:51 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,724,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
According to her most recent financial disclosure form, which she filed with the U.S. Senate in August 2019, McSally was invested in mutual funds that invest in Chinese companies or bonds issued by China’s communist government. Among those companies is the technology company Tencent, which invested in Kelly’s World View Enterprises and has become the focal point of GOP attacks against the presumptive Democratic nominee.

McSally had between $18,000 and $95,000 invested in the four mutual funds. Those funds have investments in a handful of of Chinese companies: e-commerce giant Alibaba; entertainment and technology conglomerate Tencent; Ping An Insurance; AIA Group, a Hong Kong-based life insurance company; JD.com, an e-commerce company; NetEase, a technology company; China Construction Bank Corp; China Mengniu Dairy; and Chinese government bonds.

The Senate’s financial disclosure rules require only that candidates report which of several dollar ranges their investments fall into, not specific amounts.

McSally sold off those investments last year, campaign manager Dylan Lefler told the Mirror.

Yeah, I thought it was something different.
Owning mutual funds that then buy stocks in Chinese companies is not really "interests in China" unless she is directly involved in advising the fund managers on what to buy.
McSally has enough issues on her own without having to stretch it to what stocks are in her mutual funds.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:00 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,295,538 times
Geez, I get the idea that McSally could be a dead person and would still get the vote of some people just because they are irrationally convinced Kelly is a "gun grabber". Pretty pathetic that they have such a low bar for a candidate. It goes a long ways towards explaining how someone who runs like a "dry creek" is on the republican ballot. If McSally wins it shows there are a lot of paranoid folks in Arizona.

Old 08-27-2020, 12:59 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,027,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
At 72, one of my hot button issues is Medicare, which is a huge topic for my wife and I. The proposed 2021 budget that Trump submitted for review makes large cuts to both Medicare and Social Security. McSally is a Trump clone, she will do whatever he says, and she will do nothing to protect Medicare, no matter how much she swears during the campaign that she will protect it. Side issue, the same goes for Debby Lesko who worked for decades for some of the wealthiest people in the country (Koch brothers, ALEC, etc) who have a blinding hatred for New Deal programs like Social Security and Great Society programs like Medicare. Both of these pols will sell us down the river in a heartbeat to please their masters.

This should worry every senior here in AZ and those who've paid into Medicare and Social Security all their working lives and have, or expect to have, these programs there for them when they do retire. It's our money and we need to protect these programs we paid into and that serve us well. I'm pleased with the services I get under Medicare and wish to make no cuts. All that being said it does not look good for McSally as far as my vote goes, in fact, I've already donated to Mark Kelly and hope he prevails.
I just have to reiterate how critical this is for all of us seniors and those under 65 who are still working and paying into Medicare and Social Security. All of us have every right to the benefits these programs provide and for which we paid for via payroll withholding. We need to elect Kelly to assure our interests are protected and we need to elect DEMs to the House of Reps as well. For decades, presidents and congresses gave us their solemn promises that these programs are sacred and will be protected but now one party, backed by a set of greedy billionaires, wants our money for themselves.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-27-2020, 01:14 PM

"proposed" budget, and the one that gets passed are never one and the same...

Can you please post the EXACT PLACE, AND QUOTE that you saw where Trump says SPECIFICALLY that he is cutting Social Security and Medicare?

Old 08-27-2020, 01:33 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,050,851 times
Trump said he will eliminate the payroll tax, if re-elected. That’s what pays most of the tab for those programs. I’m pretty good at reading between the lines. I suppose some folks will choose not to look there?

Now, whether he could pull it off is another matter, but the intent is pretty clear.

Old 08-27-2020, 01:41 PM

the only thing I saw, was he was trying to eliminate the payroll tax for THE NEXT 3 MONTHS, NOT FOREVER

please provide link to where he said he is going to eliminate the payroll tax permanently..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona