Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2020, 09:14 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,666,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
You don't get it... OK.
That's a cop-out. You stated if someone owns a .38, they're not a gun owner. How many and what types of guns are required to be paranoid about them being confiscated? I wonder if I should share this obsessive fear, or maybe my guns don't qualify.

Old 10-07-2020, 09:31 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,928,061 times
the election here has turned into the same stink fest as the one going on for president..

Running for office in this day and age no longer means you are a dedicated, public servant, looking to represent your fellow citizens in a exemplary, distinguished fashion..

The senate candidates stink, the presidential campaign is despicable, and, I have never seen people dread an election more in my entire life than they do this one..I thought things couldnt get any more disgusting than in 2016, but, I am being proved wrong in 2020..

All politicians now lie, deceive, say and do anything to get elected, and will take money from anyone who will help them move into the golden goose that being a politician has now sadly become..

Old 10-07-2020, 09:35 AM

2,774 posts, read 905,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
I despise Kelly - Anti gun nut, and a liar/cheat and mis-representer par excellence.

But I must agree, there is just something about Martha that is so ....well, un-exciting, un -inspiring.......and no sense of humor at all......

I still hope she wins, but it doesn't look likely. Never thought I'd see AZ with 2 Dem Senators....
And one of those senators is a Wiccan. For some reason we don't hear much in the local media about Senator Sinema's life partners. You'd think that the local media would be interested in an human interest type stories about her domestic life outside of congress since she is such a groundbreaker. Would love an update on her Wiccan singing and spiraling.

Old 10-07-2020, 10:01 AM

2,082 posts, read 926,450 times
Once again lying Kelly keeping his true intentions close to the vest

https://www.breitbart.com/podcast/20...for-rifle-ban/

Old 10-07-2020, 10:20 AM

Mark Kelly Suggests Arizonans Want More Gun Control

Democrat candidate Mark Kelly used part of his time during Tuesday’s Arizona senate debate to suggest Arizonans want more gun control.

Kelly did this while describing his gun control plans, which include universal background checks and laws allowing police to seize firearms. He said:

Some stronger gun laws is not inconsistent with our Second Amendment rights. We can respect our rights and traditions on gun ownership under the Second Amendment, and we can have stronger communities that includes things like red flag laws [and] background checks for all gun sales.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...e-gun-control/

Old 10-07-2020, 10:32 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,666,532 times
At what point do we get to coin 'Kelly Derangement Syndrome (KDS)'?

Old 10-07-2020, 10:45 AM

14,429 posts, read 14,352,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by like-2-hike View Post
I find it ironic that every time a Dem runs for national office the Conservatives scream to the hills "they're gonna take our guns" and yet in the last 20 years, the only person I can recall enacting any federal laws related to gun control was Trump, who banned bump stocks, with nary an outcry of impingement on 2A freedoms. I don't recall Obama getting anything enacted, nor Bush Jr.
In Kelly's case conservatives are actually trying to argue with a straight face that "the democrat party believes in grabbing guns and therefore voters should vote against any democrat". In their minds *any* regulation of firearms at all is unacceptable. Heck, even Justice Scalia in the Heller case made it clear that state and local governments could impose regulations on firearms.

According to this right wing lunatic fringe, every democrat in every race for office everywhere in the USA should be defeated simply because of what *some* in the party elsewhere *might* believe.

Its called scraping the bottom of the barrel. Its what you try to do when are desperate to defeat a consistently popular challenger who is running against an appointed senator who has all the personality and charisma of a boiled potato.

Old 10-07-2020, 10:55 AM

2,774 posts, read 905,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
In Kelly's case conservatives are actually trying to argue with a straight face that "the democrat party believes in grabbing guns and therefore voters should vote against any democrat". In their minds *any* regulation of firearms at all is unacceptable. Heck, even Justice Scalia in the Heller case made it clear that state and local governments could impose regulations on firearms.

According to this right wing lunatic fringe, every democrat in every race for office everywhere in the USA should be defeated simply because of what *some* in the party elsewhere *might* believe.

Its called scraping the bottom of the barrel. Its what you try to do when are desperate to defeat a consistently popular challenger who is running against an appointed senator who has all the personality and charisma of a boiled potato.
"Hell, yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47."

Beto O'Rourke - Sept. 12, 2019

Old 10-07-2020, 11:00 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,367,854 times
A vote for any Democrat is a vote against the 2nd Amendment. Mark Kelly founder of Americans for Responsible Solutions included.

Quote:
"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."--Diane Feinstein, (D) U.S. Senator from California

In an op-ed published in the New York Times Tuesday, the 97-year-old former Supreme Court justice argues that advocates for stricter gun control legislation should take the next step and demand the removal of the Second Amendment entirely. --John Paul Stevens (D) former Supreme Court justice

"Instead, we should ban possession of military-style semiautomatic assault weapons, we should buy back such weapons from all who choose to abide by the law, and we should criminally prosecute any who choose to defy it by keeping their weapons," he wrote. "The ban would not apply to law enforcement agencies or shooting clubs."--Eric Swalwell (D) U.S. Representative from California

“I believe…..this is my final word……I believe that I’m supporting the Constitution of the United States which does not give the right for any individual to own a handgun….”--Jan Schakowsky, (D) U.S. Representative from Illinois

“No, we’re not looking at how to control criminals … we’re talking about banning the AK-47 and semi-automatic guns.”--Howard Metzenbaum, (D) former U.S. Senator

“If a bill to ban handguns came to the house floor, I would vote for it.”--Pete Stark, (D) U.S. Representative from California

” …we need much stricter gun control, and eventually should bar the ownership of handguns”--William Clay, (D) U.S. Representative from Missouri

“Banning guns is an idea whose time has come.”--Joseph Biden, (D) Vice President of the United States and current candidate for president

“I shortly will introduce legislation banning the sale, manufacture or possession of handguns (with exceptions for law enforcement and licensed target clubs)… . It is time to act. We cannot go on like this. Ban them!”--John Chafee, (D) Former U.S. Senator from Rhode Island

“We have to start with a ban on the manufacturing and import of handguns. From there we register the guns which are currently owned, and follow that with additional bans and acquisitions of handguns and rifles with no sporting purpose.”--Major Owens, (D) U.S. Representative from New York

“My staff and I right now are working on a comprehensive gun-control bill. We don’t have all the details, but for instance, regulating the sale and purchase of bullets. Ultimately, I would like to see the manufacture and possession of handguns banned except for military and police use. But that’s the endgame. And in the meantime, there are some specific things that we can do with legislation.”--Bobby Rush, (D) U.S. Representative from Illinois

“Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of all Americans to feel safe. The National Guard fulfills the militia mentioned in the Second amendment. Citizens no longer need to protect the states or themselves.”--Dianne Feinstein, (D) U.S. Senator from California

“All of this has to be understood as part of a process leading ultimately to a treaty that will give an international body power over our domestic laws.”--Charles Pashayan, (D) U.S. Representative from California

“Confiscation could be an option…mandatory sale to the state could be an option.”--Andrew Cuomo, (D) Governor of New York

"Hell yes we're gonna' take your AR-15's" ---Beto O'Rourke (D) former U.S. Representative from Texas and Democrat candidate for president

“I don’t believe people should to be able to own guns.”-- Barack Obama (D) former President of the United States during conversation with economist and author John Lott Jr. at the University of Chicago Law School in the 1990s)

"We need a new paradigm because both sides are in the corner and they could come to the middle," Schumer said. "Those of who are pro-gun control have to admit that there is a Second Amendment right to bear arms... once we establish that there is a constitutional right to bear arms we should have the right admit, and maybe they'll be more willing to admit, that no amendment is absolute after all."--Chuck Schumer, (D) U.S. Senator from New York

"We can't just stand behind you and say we support our men and women in law enforcement community and then not have the laws on the books that help you do your job every day," he said. "And it's time as a city we have an assault weapon ban. And it's time as a state that we have an assault weapon ban. And it's time as a country that we have an assault weapon ban."--Rahm Emanuel, (D) former Mayor Chicago, Illinois

"We need to do something, at the very least, perhaps, about the high-capacity magazines that were used in this crime."--Richard Blumenthal, (D) U.S. Senator from Connecticut

"We cannot let a minority of people—and that’s what it is, it is a minority of people—hold a viewpoint that terrorizes the majority of people." On Australia's gun ban "So I think that’s worth considering," Clinton said. "I don’t know enough details to tell you how we would do it or how it would work. But certainly, the Australian example is worth considering."----Hillary Clinton (D) former U.S. Senator of New York, Secretary of State and Democrat candidate for president

Old 10-07-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
A vote for any Democrat is a vote against the 2nd Amendment. Mark Kelly founder of Americans for Responsible Solutions included.
What do all those politicians have in common? a (D) after their name, the same as Mark Kelly (D)

Last edited by ttboy; 10-07-2020 at 11:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona