Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 09:09 AM

2,041 posts, read 887,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Greenvalleyfan goes to Disneyland for the lines. Screw the rides!
No youngster, I won't waste my time in Disney. I did ride a Harley from Balto.Md to Disney world in Orlando in 1977. Lol

Old 08-26-2021, 09:17 AM

51,041 posts, read 24,544,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
And showing up to vote in person would stop all the conspiracy nuts and poor losers from having a valid arguement. I'm 63, I've voted one time by mail and that was because of covid. Stop trying to change a system that works for your selfish convienence.
We have yet to see the "valid argument", and frankly, if everyone voted in person, those same conspiracy nuts (as you put it) would still find a conspiracy (such as...what was it that was supposedly put into the voting machines?). The My Pillow guy is still gonna be the My Pillow guy even if we all had to line up and say who we voted for out loud for an old-fashioned tally.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:27 AM

6,792 posts, read 5,105,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
How many states actually restrict voting to election day?
I was responding to Mr. Greenvally who said this...

Quote:
Here is a novel approach. We all just show up in person and produce a picture ID on election day.
Apparently he lives in some Leave it to Beaver world where anyone can simply leave work or take a day off anytime they like. They're never required to travel anywhere for work.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
We have yet to see the "valid argument", and frankly, if everyone voted in person, those same conspiracy nuts (as you put it) would still find a conspiracy (such as...what was it that was supposedly put into the voting machines?). The My Pillow guy is still gonna be the My Pillow guy even if we all had to line up and say who we voted for out loud for an old-fashioned tally.
And the conspiracy nuts on the other side had the Russians winning the election for Trump when he beat Hillary. Both sides guilty of the same BS.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
I was responding to Mr. Greenvally who said this...

Apparently he lives in some Leave it to Beaver world where anyone can simply leave work or take a day off anytime they like. They're never required to travel anywhere for work. Etc, etc.
No Mr. NUT, I'm not against all mail in ballots. If you have special needs I'm all for it. I worked 24hr shifts as a firefighter. I get it.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
No Mr. NUT, I'm not against all mail in ballots. If you have special needs I'm all for it. I worked 24hr shifts as a firefighter. I get it.
So you managed to get every election day off, the entire time you worked? That's hard to believe. And at any rate, it would be impossible for every worker to get election day off.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:04 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,934,226 times
i think the stats were over 75% of people in the state used mail in voting, so its not even an issue for anyone who lives here..

Old 08-26-2021, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
So you managed to get every election day off, the entire time you worked? That's hard to believe. And at any rate, it would be impossible for every worker to get election day off.
I think you are having trouble comprehending. Maybe I'm not being clear. I'm all for mail in ballots for those that work over 8hrs shifts or out of their state, country etc. Those that are handicapped, disabled etc.etc.etc. Everyone else needs to nut up and vote in person. It's just my opinion. I guess that makes me an evil person.

Old 08-26-2021, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I think you are having trouble comprehending. Maybe I'm not being clear. I'm all for mail in ballots for those that work over 8hrs shifts or out of their state, country etc. Those that are handicapped, disabled etc.etc.etc.
Okay, that's not how I read your statement, which sounded pretty absolutist. When I see the phrase "special needs" I'm not expecting that to include people who work more than 8 hours... that's just life for a huge number of folks.

Old 08-26-2021, 01:12 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,299,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
i think the stats were over 75% of people in the state used mail in voting, so its not even an issue for anyone who lives here..
Imagine all of those people standing in line in front of Greenvalleyfan. He'd change his tune real quick if he has to spend 7 hours in line and misses the Lawrence Welk Show
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona