Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 02:43 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Aside from the millions paid to the Cyber Ninjas and the facility they are using, every voting machine and other equipment used by them will have to be replaced before the next election. this will destroy our budget.
Just add it to the moronic “catch all” infrastructure bill……

Old 08-26-2021, 03:43 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,920,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
I'm 63, I've voted in person every election since I was 18 with the exception of the last election where I actually voted by mail. I'm proud of that record. How many times have you voted? I understand that standing in line could possibly be strenuous for you SNOWFLAKE and you might melt, but I have not spent more than 15 minutes at any given time to vote.
standing in line in Baltimore is ALOT different than standing in line in phoenix waiting to vote...

I guess in phoenix, there is less of a chance of getting shot by some random gangbanger, but thats not the ONLY difference..

Old 08-26-2021, 05:05 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
standing in line in Baltimore is ALOT different than standing in line in phoenix waiting to vote...

I guess in phoenix, there is less of a chance of getting shot by some random gangbanger, but thats not the ONLY difference..
In Az… a lot of the citizens are armed because open carry is legal. A random gang member would probably end up looking like a piece of Swiss cheese if they tried to shoot up AZ.
I was in Lake Havasu City yesterday and I swear that just about ever other person I saw was packing. The rest were probably carrying concealed.

Old 08-27-2021, 09:03 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
I'm 63, I've voted in person every election since I was 18 with the exception of the last election where I actually voted by mail. I'm proud of that record. How many times have you voted? I understand that standing in line could possibly be strenuous for you SNOWFLAKE and you might melt, but I have not spent more than 15 minutes at any given time to vote.
Okay. That's your experience and I don't doubt it. But every election we see places where people are standing in line, sometimes for hours. Your experience is the not experience for everyone.

Old 08-27-2021, 09:05 AM

Quote:
It has to do with the topic on hand. There wasn't a controversy until mail in balloting because of covid in the last election.
No. There has been various degrees of vote by mail in Arizona since 1991, in Washington State since 1974, and Idaho since 1972. It's nothing new.

Old 08-27-2021, 09:07 AM

Quote:
There were problems across the country. Where there is smoke, there is fire. The simplest way out is to go back to what worked in the past. If it is not broke why fix it.
There was voting fraud in elections run by political "machines" in days long past, and that was when you had to vote in person.

Where there's smoke, you often have conspiracy thinkers.

Old 08-27-2021, 09:57 AM

962 posts, read 469,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Okay. That's your experience and I don't doubt it. But every election we see places where people are standing in line, sometimes for hours. Your experience is the not experience for everyone.

And in Phoenix as well as across the US those lines are pretty much exclusively in poor neighborhoods. Yet another form of voter suppression.

I've never had to wait in line in any of the nice upper-middle-class neighborhoods where I've lived though, so "Just go in person, I do, it's easy, what's the big deal?" sounds reasonable. However "Just go" is a very different experience for many.

Old 08-27-2021, 10:30 AM

8,044 posts, read 12,267,795 times
Quote:
Why do you assume my time would be wasted? I enjoy going to the polls and voting. I'm going to assume that this is a generational issue. I love technology, but I draw the line at voting and paying bills on line. Won't do it. What ever you do on line can and is monitored. Just curious, are you able to add and subtract without a calculator?
If you enjoy going to the polls, that's your choice ... the same as it's other people's choice to vote by mail. Just because you're used to doing things a particular way doesn't give you the right to call for restrictions on the way others do things (including voting). I also prefer to do most everything in person instead of on line ... however, since internet technology has been part of the real world for over 20 years, the option should be available for voting on line by now.

For the record, pretty much everything we do in life is monitored & tracked. Doesn't mean I'm in favor of it, but that's the way it is. How else can you explain the demographic statistics when the final votes are tabulated? Things like age, gender, race, geographic location, and even who votes by mail vs. in person are all revealed in the election results.

Quote:
You are correct, but remember the Dems do the same thing. It's about one side or the other staying in power. Both sides have lost thier way. It's not about them. It's about us. They work for us. Get rid of them all. We need new blood.
I agree here. Both major parties are useless, and one side is always battling the other instead of working together to serve America as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
In Az… a lot of the citizens are armed because open carry is legal. A random gang member would probably end up looking like a piece of Swiss cheese if they tried to shoot up AZ.
I was in Lake Havasu City yesterday and I swear that just about ever other person I saw was packing. The rest were probably carrying concealed.
I'm a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, but I'm also a strong believer in responsibility. Just because AZ is a gun friendly state doesn't mean it's legal to carry everywhere ... and carrying a weapon at a polling place is prohibited (see link below). Perhaps learn a little about the laws before making blanket statements.

https://www.phoenix.gov/policesite/Documents/088411.pdf

Old 08-27-2021, 11:08 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post

Old 08-27-2021, 11:32 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I'm a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, but I'm also a strong believer in responsibility. Just because AZ is a gun friendly state doesn't mean it's legal to carry everywhere ... and carrying a weapon at a polling place is prohibited (see link below). Perhaps learn a little about the laws before making blanket statements.

https://www.phoenix.gov/policesite/Documents/088411.pdf
That's true but I think that Sydney123 was speaking in general terms based on their personal observations. At least that's they way I interpreted it. For the most part it's legal to carry open or concealed pretty much everywhere as long as you're not a prohibited possessor as described by federal law and are 21 years of age or older.

For what it's worth I have an Arizona concealed weapons permit even though it's not required by law. I also had one in New York before moving to Arizona. As such I'm familiar with both of those state's firearms laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona