Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 04:03 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,928,061 times

Advertisements

this post just proves Mavericks point..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2021, 09:02 PM

20 posts, read 23,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamflickchick View Post
@maverick974 - If you spent your days listening to people who can talk about eyebrow lamination, eyelash extensions and Gucci bags all day long but have no conception of current and pressing world problems, you might rethink that statement. Perhaps it's a generational thing.
Well, you do have a point. I guess I would get tired of listening to laments over eyebrows and eyelashes and handbags lol. Not sure what you mean about generational though. Does that mean they were older folk? Or are you older folk or younger folk? Not trying to start anything, just interested in clarification.

Old 11-27-2021, 09:24 PM

994 posts, read 972,023 times
I would recommend Prescott overall. its at a good elevation where its not burning like Phoenix and not freezing like Flag , though some nights might get pretty cold. But for long term I would not recommend AZ because of the water situation. It's a cool state , but not long term.

Old 12-22-2021, 01:46 PM

1,117 posts, read 752,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
She said no Meth-heads so that would leave Payson-Star Valley out.
Is Payson-Star really that bad? Worse than Prescott? I'm looking into either of those areas, as well as Pine/Strawberry.

Old 12-22-2021, 04:41 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,999,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popwar View Post
I would recommend Prescott overall.

Whole Foods packed its bags and scrammed some years ago. Courthouse Square is, of course, very nice.

Old 12-29-2021, 02:43 PM

4,664 posts, read 3,030,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Whole Foods packed its bags and scrammed some years ago.
Courthouse Square is, of course, very nice.
Hmm, why did Whole Foods depart? They're not an essential of life, but handy to have around.

Old 12-29-2021, 03:09 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,999,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Hmm, why did Whole Foods depart? They're not an essential of life, but handy to have around.
The Prescott store was closed as well as eight other underperforming stores across the U.S.

Business continues to be brisk at the Sedona Whole Foods store.

Old 12-29-2021, 03:13 PM

11,087 posts, read 6,937,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
She said no Meth-heads so that would leave Payson-Star Valley out.
I find that interesting since my brother with plenty of money bought a newer tract home in Star Valley. The area is pretty damn nice, if you ask me.

As for Payson and Pine in general, nope for me. It's very remote, takes a while to get to civilization. My step brother and his wife bought their dream home in Pine about 15 years ago. They were finally able to move up there after he found a decent paying job (took over 2 yrs). They got tired of Pine after a few years. Too far to everything. Its a beautiful area but if you need health care or if you mind driving to shop, it's a no. They got tired of driving to Scottsdale or Flagstaff to shop for things they couldn't get in Payson. both trips are at least 90 minutes (or 2 hours in the case of Flagstaff). Pine is a cute little town but no major shopping at all. In addition, my stepbrother and his wife got tired of all the valley people coming up the mountain to party on the weekend. Traffic (Payson) and leaving a mess (Pine). And depending on where you live in Pine, there's a lot of snow (it's hilly).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona