Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2022, 11:06 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,872,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I know. Democracy is a pesky thing, isn't it.
Yes, as long as it is done HONESTLY . :-) Merry Christmas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2022, 01:14 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,666,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
Yes, as long as it is done HONESTLY . :-) Merry Christmas!
It has been. Yet another GOP appointed judge just said so.

Old 12-25-2022, 09:09 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,886,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
The way that AZ is voting in the last elections, I think the Californians have changed the "Barry Goldwater State".
Don't forget that serving alongside Barry Goldwater was Democrat Carl Hayden, who Arizonans sent to DC for 56 years. (Disclaimer: I'm a Libertarian so I don't have a bone to pick in the R vs D thing)

Old 01-10-2023, 12:47 PM

817 posts, read 632,573 times
https://stacker.com/arizona/states-s...people-arizona

Texas is number 3

Old 01-11-2023, 11:37 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,736,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NearFantastica View Post
This list corresponds to the number of cars I see on valley roads with plates from California, Washington, and Texas.

Old 01-12-2023, 12:12 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,062,470 times
A lot of people in California who identified themselves as "conservatives" threw a tantrum and left California to move to Texas during the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions. Many of them were influenced by social media and the internet, which most of us know is not reality. Nevertheless, they left on a whim.

I think a lot of them have gotten a taste of Texas' far-right political nonsense, the issues with the power grid and seeing that the grass isn't necessarily greener where taxes and overall lifestyle are concerned.

Once you leave California, though, it is damn-near impossible to return.

My nephew moved to Post Falls, Idaho from Santa Clarita, CA. He hated it for a number of reasons I won't get into here. Suffice to say, they were legitimate. He wanted to move back to the Santa Clarita Valley but couldn't, as he was effectively priced out. So, he and his family settled on Tehachapi, about an hour north in Kern County, due to its affordability.

With regard to Arizona, as other posters have pointed out, for many of these people, it is closer to "home" in California while still being seen as more conservative and cheaper.

Old 01-13-2023, 08:45 AM

6,828 posts, read 4,280,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
A lot of people in California who identified themselves as "conservatives" threw a tantrum and left California to move to Texas during the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions. Many of them were influenced by social media and the internet, which most of us know is not reality. Nevertheless, they left on a whim.

I think a lot of them have gotten a taste of Texas' far-right political nonsense, the issues with the power grid and seeing that the grass isn't necessarily greener where taxes and overall lifestyle are concerned.

Once you leave California, though, it is damn-near impossible to return.

My nephew moved to Post Falls, Idaho from Santa Clarita, CA. He hated it for a number of reasons I won't get into here. Suffice to say, they were legitimate. He wanted to move back to the Santa Clarita Valley but couldn't, as he was effectively priced out. So, he and his family settled on Tehachapi, about an hour north in Kern County, due to its affordability.

With regard to Arizona, as other posters have pointed out, for many of these people, it is closer to "home" in California while still being seen as more conservative and cheaper.

The start of the mass movement from CA to Texas preceded the pandemic by several years and doesn't just include conservatives. It's actually far more driven by cost of living and job prospects than politics.

Old 01-13-2023, 10:11 AM

189 posts, read 201,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
The start of the mass movement from CA to Texas preceded the pandemic by several years and doesn't just include conservatives. It's actually far more driven by cost of living and job prospects than politics.
Yeah, very few people actually migrated because of COVID. That's a narrative with little basis in reality.

What is accurate is that the far left politics of California and cost of living are both playing a major role in the exodus to states like Texas and Arizona. My parents moved from California to Texas and they love it.

In any case, I'm not sure why the poster started talking about California in the first place, that has nothing to do with the thread, the topic here is TX-AZ migration.

Last edited by OUgrad09; 01-13-2023 at 11:05 AM..

Old 08-26-2023, 06:46 PM

369 posts, read 368,871 times
They have family in Texas, and keep their car registered there. Compare $60 a year to $300 in CA. No brainer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona