Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2022, 09:07 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,731,629 times

Advertisements

All year I've seen lots of cars with Texas plates driving on our roads. A friend thought they were rentals, but the cars I saw were definitely not rentals as they had personal markers (bumper stickers) on them or were too banged up to be rentals.

If you recently moved here from Texas (or plan to) please chime in. Texans are pretty proud of their state and I'm interested in what is drawing you here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2022, 09:09 PM

6,511 posts, read 7,547,553 times
I've been noticing alot more Texas plates in Southern California in recent years as well.

Old 10-31-2022, 05:44 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,484,032 times
My personal theory is that some families relocated from SoCal to Texas, but after driving 20+ hours for holidays and family gatherings they decide to cut the commute and move to Arizona.

Old 10-31-2022, 06:33 AM

9,538 posts, read 16,533,027 times
My guess is a number of them are just traveling between Texas and Arizona or California. Or they are Californians that moved to Texas and decided it wasn't for them, and are now either checking out or have moved to Arizona. Or they are as you wondered rental cars.

You can identify a rental car because there will be a barcode on a window, but it would be difficult to spot when driving. Some of them display it on the rear window, some a side window, and some the front windshield. Next time your on the freeway and your passing one of these Texas cars, perhaps you can get a quick glimpse.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
I've been noticing alot more Texas plates in Southern California in recent years as well.
That's interesting because when I was in Texas (San Antonio and Houston) I saw a ton of California plates.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
My personal theory is that some families relocated from SoCal to Texas, but after driving 20+ hours for holidays and family gatherings they decide to cut the commute and move to Arizona.
That's a very plausible theory. The steep property taxes in Texas also may be a factor.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
My guess is a number of them are just traveling between Texas and Arizona or California. Or they are Californians that moved to Texas and decided it wasn't for them, and are now either checking out or have moved to Arizona. Or they are as you wondered rental cars.

You can identify a rental car because there will be a barcode on a window, but it would be difficult to spot when driving. Some of them display it on the rear window, some a side window, and some the front windshield. Next time your on the freeway and your passing one of these Texas cars, perhaps you can get a quick glimpse.
I wouldn't doubt that scenario at all. I know some are rentals, but the majority are not because they have been personalized (plates, decals) and only seem to be increasing in number.

Old 10-31-2022, 10:04 PM

6,511 posts, read 7,547,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
That's interesting because when I was in Texas (San Antonio and Houston) I saw a ton of California plates.
Oh, I agree and I live in SoCal but am in Texas at least 6 to 7 weeks per year. There are alot more Californians moving to Texas than the other way around, but lately I just feel like I see a Texas license plate or some sort of Texas decal on a rear window with every outing I have here in SoCal. I've been here 19 years and this wasn't the case 5 years ago. I see Texas more than Arizona these days and the "zonies" have been visiting SoCal beaches for decades.

Old 11-01-2022, 10:17 AM

8,965 posts, read 20,391,085 times
One thing for sure, for whatever reasons, being health or family, people have gone back to moving around again, since the Pandemic eased up. And, seems like more people are driving their vehicles, not rentals, instead of flying, when going on vacation.

Old 11-01-2022, 04:41 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,865,788 times
We have TX plates and were driving around Peoria two weeks ago , attending a funeral. I didn't seem to notice more TX plates. I was trying to talk wife into moving to Prescott 10 years ago but she wouldn't go. We would have been closer to relatives in Sacramento. Still like Prescott but now the relatives have either died or moved or have become less hospitable .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona