Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 02:24 PM

5 posts, read 22,879 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about moving to either LHC or Kingman. I was wondering the pros/cons of each of the areas from people who live there. I'm a well-educated 27 year old single female with no kids. I'm not really into the party scene. I do like to go out to country bars so if there is one of those in either city it would be nice to know. I would mainly just like to know if there are people my age who do no party all the time in these cities. I love the water so I'm drawn to LHC, but I'd rather meet people who do not live on booze. (Sorry if that sounds harsh.) Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 02:33 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,473,965 times
Well I am not into the bar scene much anymore. But I can tell you the traffic in Havasu is crazy during snowbird season. The heat with humidity makes you want to never leave your air conditioned house or vehicle.
Kingman is tad cooler and may fit your lifestyle better.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:12 PM

58 posts, read 188,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly1881 View Post
I am thinking about moving to either LHC or Kingman. I was wondering the pros/cons of each of the areas from people who live there. I'm a well-educated 27 year old single female with no kids. I'm not really into the party scene. I do like to go out to country bars so if there is one of those in either city it would be nice to know. I would mainly just like to know if there are people my age who do no party all the time in these cities. I love the water so I'm drawn to LHC, but I'd rather meet people who do not live on booze. (Sorry if that sounds harsh.) Thanks!
Thats not harsh, it's reality. Havasu is a party town, California party town. Cali dominates the big bars, locals reside at the smaller watering holes, where heavy drinking is the #1 sport.

Havasu is not a great place for young single people, unless your on vacation. Visit the area first.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:11 PM

Thank you so much for the information. I think I will come and check out both areas. I kind of figured as much about the areas since I grew up in So Cal and I spent my summers in Bullhead City. I've always heard that LHC is pretty crazy, but I've only experienced it once during the 4th of July. A little too crazy for me.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:43 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,124,664 times
OK: having lived in/near all three major Mohave County cities over the years..........

#1: Kingman
#2: Bullhead City
#3: Lake Havasu City

Note I am referring the 'country western' scene

Old 08-03-2008, 09:44 PM

Thank you so much for the information. Is there a country western scene in Kingman. I'm not necessarily a country girl... but I love to line dance and two step. Still in the learning stages... however I hate to give that up by moving to a place that does not have any opportunities. I'm familiar with BHC because I have vacationed there for years. I just didn't know about the other two to live in. I know Kingman is a lot smaller than LHC... but larger doesn't necessarily mean better.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly1881 View Post
Thank you so much for the information. Is there a country western scene in Kingman. I'm not necessarily a country girl... but I love to line dance and two step. Still in the learning stages... however I hate to give that up by moving to a place that does not have any opportunities. I'm familiar with BHC because I have vacationed there for years. I just didn't know about the other two to live in. I know Kingman is a lot smaller than LHC... but larger doesn't necessarily mean better.
Your best bet would be to head out the Mohave County and spend a few days doing some recon.

Go with your gut, shall we say.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:28 PM

167 posts, read 453,293 times
I do not know about Kingman other than the fact I could not see myself living there due to the fact it is windy most of the time and I have the urge to want to leave ASAP the minute I get there.

Lake Havasu is everything you want it to be. If you want to go to the bar scene there is that. If you want to get involved with a organization there is that as well. You have the lake to fish and boat. I love the people here.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:31 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,822,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasulady View Post
I do not know about Kingman other than the fact I could not see myself living there due to the fact it is windy most of the time and I have the urge to want to leave ASAP the minute I get there.
It certainly is not windy in Kingman most of the time. In fact, it hasn't been windy here all summer long. As far as I know, Havasu has exactly the same wind situation as Kingman. Don't tell me it never gets windy there.

Yeah, Havasu is everything you want it to be, including an oven!

Seriously, it runs 10 to 15 degrees hotter than Kingman.

Last edited by kdog; 08-07-2008 at 08:46 PM..

Old 08-07-2008, 08:59 PM

Suffice to say; ca. 1989 Havasu blew Kingman away............the two cities have reversed roles in the last 20 years IMHO.

The main thing that hurt LHC since 2000 is the flagrantly plastic people who tend to be party ainmals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona