Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 03:51 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,166,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Wng -

You're a brave man - using the word "wife" and "frigid" in the same sentence.
Better hope she's not reading.

LOL

Seriously though, good post with valid points.

Ken
Had to chuckle here: I once knew a woman with the last name 'Frost'--------she was anything but.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 10:13 PM

8 posts, read 20,140 times
Default Arizona

I wanted to move there, have been on a waiting list for housing there. I have allergies and asthma, and thought it would be a good idea to live there but I do not know anyone there. I think I would rather stay in the midwest for a while.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:20 PM

1,551 posts, read 3,650,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
ehubb

I was in your same situation and I spent about 4 years traveling around and looking into all the various possibilities. We looked all over California, Texas, Arizona and Florida. Even took a peek at Utah. We ended up in Florida because of a job offer but I wanted to tell you to take a look at Gilbert, AZ.

It is a safer area and there are developments built on the water. Some places you can even have a boat. If we didn't end up in Sedona, Gilbert would have been our next choice.

Good luck and what ever you do...GET OUT!!! The midwest was a place I will never look back and miss. I hated it there. Gray skies, cold Winters, depressed, sick looking people walking around, high taxes, bad roads,etc. It's not until you get out of there and travel do you realize just how sickly people look from there. It's sad Don't stay one second longer than you have to!

Good luck!
I agree. I live in Oregon and while we do have our share of very healthy people, more often than not, people are overweight, out of shape and couldn't do a situp if their life depended on it and frankly, weather has a lot to do with it. As I write this, it's in the low 40's and rain with snow predicted for this evening. I'm even near the coast and we are expecting snow. It cloudy and rainy pretty much 10 months a year. 9 months on a dry year.
With the weather as it is, everyone stays inside for the most part. Watching TV, sitting in front of the computer and eating far too much.
Every time I come to Phoenix, I'm amazed at the general healthy look most people have. Not everyone mind you but overall, people just look and act healthier from my experience. I'm looking forward to being down there very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Being from the Wash DC area: oh how well I understand people wishing to flee places with similar climates--------and, DC is not quite as cold in the winter compared to even St Louis.

Left DC 30+ years and have never returned----------even for a visit. Did live in Springfield, Or in 1990; reminded me too much of back east so I hightailed it back to the Sunbelt ASAP.
I'm not far from Springfield so I understand all to well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona