Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:40 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,352,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle Girl View Post
roxiemack......I guess some things are everywhere. It seems every time we go riding, there is some idiot that almost causes an accident. But when you love to ride, I guess you just do the best you can to be safe and try to anticipate everybody's next move! We wear helmets, but just out of curiousity, does AZ have a helmet law?
I found this and that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 11:44 AM

26 posts, read 77,674 times
Hey thanks, ZonyPony! Great info!

Old 01-23-2009, 11:47 AM

26 posts, read 77,674 times
kdog...just one more question...

I was just on realtor.com, and found a property of interest in Kingman, on N. Campolindo Lane. Are you familiar with this area?

Old 01-23-2009, 06:36 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,835,413 times
Rich67 -- Your instincts are good. Kingman has no problem at all with water. We're sitting on a huge aquifer with plenty of water for 100 years, so they say. So we're self-contained, and don't rely on the Colorado or anywhere else.

Motorcycle Girl -- The only water issue is in rural areas where there's not a large enough population base to justify running water mains. Funny, the residents in Golden Valley routinely turn DOWN offers by the water company to run mains out that way, because the residents don't want to pay for the hook-up fees. Summary, there is no water availability issue, but rather there's a water distribution issue for rural areas.

BTW, I ride a motorcycle myself. No helmet law, as has been mentioned above. Personally, I choose to wear one.

N. Campolindo Lane is not coming up on Google maps. You sure you got the street name right? Is it a new street? Have a main cross street? PM me the exact address if you want, and I'll go out and take a picture of it for you. Or send me the URL to the listing.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:41 AM

57 posts, read 291,383 times
Quote:
kdog...just one more question...

I was just on realtor.com, and found a property of interest in Kingman, on N. Campolindo Lane. Are you familiar with this area?
Campolinda is just outside the fence line of Valle Vista which means it is about 25 miles or so north of Kingman. Which means that other than a gas station mini mart on RT.66, you will most likely be driving 25 miles to the nearest market and any other shopping, doctors, etc that you go to.

The house probably has a well and septic. It's a nice area but far from anything.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:41 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,835,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shariv View Post
Campolinda is just outside the fence line of Valle Vista which means it is about 25 miles or so north of Kingman. Which means that other than a gas station mini mart on RT.66, you will most likely be driving 25 miles to the nearest market and any other shopping, doctors, etc that you go to.

The house probably has a well and septic. It's a nice area but far from anything.
Oh, is that where it is? I'm still not seeing it on a map. However, Valle Vista is only 15 miles from Kingman. 25 miles puts you out into Hackberry. Although, 15 miles out of town is too far for my tastes as well.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Oh, is that where it is? I'm still not seeing it on a map. However, Valle Vista is only 15 miles from Kingman. 25 miles puts you out into Hackberry. Although, 15 miles out of town is too far for my tastes as well.
We drove out to the far side of Valle Vista (stoneaxe st.) and checked the mileage back to Bashas. I know Basha's is well inside the Kingman city limits, but it's the nearest grocery store. It was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure it was over 20 miles from the north end to Bashas.

The entrance to Valle Vista may be 15 miles from the city limits, I never actually checked the mileage, but it is some distance to the north end of Valle Vista from the entrance. When you go through the fence line on that side you are on Painted Rock Road, that's where Brooke, Campolindo, etc. are located. Two acre or more properties. That area is not part of Valle Vista, so I don't think they have a water company, nor do they have the HOA fees of Valle Vista.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Oh, is that where it is? I'm still not seeing it on a map.
Google has a problem with this area as far as mapping. We have a GPS with 2009 maps and even in town, it has difficulty. It's pretty much clueless for anything that has changed in the last four or more years, which is a lot around here. Zillow can't find anything either. I just tried an address which between Kingman and Dolan Springs and it showed it located in Butler on Leroy.

Online maps just don't seem to work around here very well, they are too out of date.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:42 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
OK...I'm still getting used to the site. I thought I just replied to an individual post....

Anyway, about the vehicle property taxes...no, I don't think $250. is high.
I have an 04 Crossfire that I pay 465. and we live in a small town of about 6700 people with a mill rate of 21.0. (very low compared to some others.) Dirt roads not being an issue here, I think I may need to trade it in for a 4-wheel drive vehicle if we do go out there. That would be tough...love that car

Funny how different parts of the country have their own issues. Water issues are hardly ever a problem here. Either you have city water or you have a well (that usually is already in place if anyone is living there). So this is a new one for me.

I guess there is a lot to consider. Of course, we would come out there for a week to look around. I am a stickler for doing my homework first and yet sometimes even when you do, it still might be a mistake. I guess that's the chance you take!
If I were you: I would park your Crossfire and use it as a second (or third) vehicle.......remember it is a Mercedes Benz in everything but name and good luck getting anything European repaired in Kingman. Admittedly; I am going on info from several years ago in all fairness.

That stated: I would go with either a traditional Detroit Three car/truck or something Asian for use as a daily driver.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:54 PM

105 posts, read 215,186 times
Quote:
Thanks for your replies....

I did not even consider going that far north (Golden Valley, Kingman) thinking you would get a lot of snow there...but one of the statistic sites I just went on says the average is about 3 inches. Is that right?

What about Property taxes in that area? Say on a house that's 1500 square feet? Would you know if either of those areas are in a flood zone?

Thanks in advance!

Funny about the "baggies"...the images that come to mind.....
Lots of people are moving south of Tucson. Of course water is a big problem -- it can cost you $10,000 or more to drill your well deeper if your neighbor draws the water level too low.

The other problem is that you might be raped or kidnapped by illegal aliens, or your house will be robbed while you are out riding.

Cowboys with pickups don't hassle Harley riders as much as they used to so that will only happen in small towns. Pack a pistol just in case.

You can get rattlesnake vaccinations for your dogs now, and they work about 50% of the time.

Other than those things, and maybe scorpions if you move into an area that's infested, you should really like Arizona.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona