Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have a Concealed Weapons permit
Yes - and I carry frequently 16 38.10%
Yes - and I carry occassionally 5 11.90%
No - But I am thinking about getting a permit 12 28.57%
No - and will not get a permit 5 11.90%
No - I am opposed to the carrying of handguns by civilians 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 02:42 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,306,651 times

Advertisements

There is legislation in the Arizona legislature that, if passed, would allow those with a Concealed weapons permit, to carry their firearm into bars and resturants.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:48 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,363,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
There is legislation in the Arizona legislature that, if passed, would allow those with a Concealed weapons permit, to carry their firearm into bars and resturants.
Why not? It's not criminals leave their guns behind when going to restaurants. I think VA just passed this one too and I hear it's out of committee in AZ. I carry everywhere I don't see a metal detector, so I'd be happy to no longer have to worry about printing in a restaurant.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:49 PM

314 posts, read 925,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
I carry everywhere I don't see a metal detector, so I'd be happy to no longer have to worry about printing in a restaurant.

You too, huh?

Old 06-11-2009, 05:37 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,883,461 times
Quote:
Ha! On paper only. Try getting a CCW in those states. What's the point in saying they have CCW if it's not a shall-issue law? You have to pretty much be a professional victim, a celebrity or a very close friend of the chief of police to get a CCW in those states.
You're 100% correct. I've had a pistole permit for almost 30 years that's restricted by Nassau PD to carry only to and from the range and hunting. As you said, just try to get a full CCW in NY. I tried to have it switched after 25 years telling them I've had it for this long, am a law abiding citizen, have had no problems at all after all these years and was told, basically, "too bad".

Old 06-11-2009, 07:44 AM

194 posts, read 566,659 times
Quote:
Ha! On paper only. Try getting a CCW in those states. What's the point in saying they have CCW if it's not a shall-issue law? You have to pretty much be a professional victim, a celebrity or a very close friend of the chief of police to get a CCW in those states.
Exactly. All of those Liberal Democratic states have done a pretty good job of making sure that Law abiding citizens cant have guns. Only criminals get to carry them.

You want to be able to carry a gun with you all the time? Move to Arizona.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:31 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,632,449 times
Quote:
Also agreed with this statement.

I own firearms in CA, and there are more regulations on transportation/carry than you can count. There are some counties that are better than others, but its mostly impossible to get one. I've gotten by for years without the need to carry here in CA, but welcome the policies of AZ. I'm going to be spending more and more time in AZ over the next year, and moving there within 2010 if all goes as planned. I am going to obtain a CCW permit as a non-resident soon.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:32 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,632,449 times
To expand on above, a few questions.

Once you obtain your permit, is it “tied” to a particular gun or can you carry any handgun you own? Do you have to tell the state which guns you plan to carry?

Can anyone recommend a course in the Phoenix area?

Old 11-09-2009, 06:42 PM

94 posts, read 318,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
To expand on above, a few questions.

Once you obtain your permit, is it “tied” to a particular gun or can you carry any handgun you own? Do you have to tell the state which guns you plan to carry?

Can anyone recommend a course in the Phoenix area?
Once you get your CCW you are OK to carry any gun you own including Class 3. AZ does not ask what you carry.
You do know that open carry is legal and requires no permit?

Old 11-10-2009, 10:11 AM

1,475 posts, read 2,559,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I can think of scenarios like this all day long that wouldn't happen if you carried concealed.
While I like the idea of surprise by keeping the weapon concealed until it's time to shoot. I think your imagination is getting the best of you.

Do you ever get a real feeling of afraid when thinking of scenarios like the ones you've described? If so, you may need to see a therapist.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:15 AM

1,475 posts, read 2,559,280 times
Quote:
I open carry on my bike mostly because it'd be too hard to draw from concealment with all the riding gear on.
You can still conceal with full leathers and other gear. But, all the gear does pose problems. Of course the "close to home bar hoppers" don't face that problem. But, then they aren't true riders, they're just wanna' be's!

Be safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona