Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 07:30 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,359,418 times

Advertisements

to the OP. . . many, if not most of the "close in" historic areas near downtown Phoenix, are populated by culturally aware, open minded and non-discriminatory types. If I could afford to live there, I would. In the more "suburban" neighborhoods, you get a good mix, but most likely, in Phoenix, tending conservative. Look at F Q Story, Willow, etc.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:36 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,142,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
2 things....

1. I assure you that I am as straight as an arrow..

2. It never fails that folks like some of you on this forum feel that they have to smear folks who disagree with them.

That is low, immature and a sign of a very immoral character IMHO.
Then explain your behavior, how does it differ? Judge not lest ye be judged. Hypocrite!

Old 06-26-2009, 01:28 PM

53 posts, read 243,837 times
Hmm, I have to personally thank the OP for creating this thread. I now know to avoid the state of Arizona. Thank you!

Old 06-26-2009, 04:20 PM

861 posts, read 2,193,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I didn't smear you. I simply pointed out two things: 1) How hypocritical it is of some one who calls themselves clergy to hate gay people, and 2) that homophobes are often repressed homosexuals themselves. If that makes me "low, immature and a sign of a very immoral character", I'll wear that badge proudly. It's better than being a bigot.

Let me make something clear.....I am not a bigot just because I disagree with the gay lifestyle, and I do not hate gay folks. I have gays in my family and I love them, I have gay friends and would never treat them wrong, although I pastor a church that takes a stand against the homosexual lifestyle, we readily welcome any and all who are searching for God, and that includes Homosexuals, .....I do believe as fcorrales80 said that tolerence is the key not acceptance......I realize that I can be a little abrupt in my presentation sometimes...but this is an internet forum and a place where debate flows freely.

What frustrates me is those of you who cant just debate but have to resort to personal attacks....calling me a bigot, insinuating that I am a repressed Gay, etc......that is just childish, and adds nothing to the discussion.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:04 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,155,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVinWA View Post
Hmm, I have to personally thank the OP for creating this thread. I now know to avoid the state of Arizona. Thank you!
The Gay crowd in central Phx may disagree with your concerns.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:59 AM

13,228 posts, read 21,847,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
Let me make something clear.....I am not a bigot just because I disagree with the gay lifestyle, and I do not hate gay folks. I have gays in my family and I love them, I have gay friends and would never treat them wrong, although I pastor a church that takes a stand against the homosexual lifestyle, we readily welcome any and all who are searching for God, and that includes Homosexuals, .....I do believe as fcorrales80 said that tolerence is the key not acceptance......I realize that I can be a little abrupt in my presentation sometimes...but this is an internet forum and a place where debate flows freely.

What frustrates me is those of you who cant just debate but have to resort to personal attacks....calling me a bigot, insinuating that I am a repressed Gay, etc......that is just childish, and adds nothing to the discussion.
Just listen to yourself -- such hypocrisy. You love gay folks, just hate their lifestyle. You welcome gay people into your church, but want them to become straight. Nor do you want them living in your area.

Best of all, you accuse ME of adding nothing to the discussion. Might I remind you that the discussion started as a question about areas that are friendly to gays. You and your cronies are the ones who hijacked this thread and turned it into a gay-bashing thread. It's hypocrisy, through and through. But hey, that's your right to do so, just as it is my right to express MY opinion about homophobes.

Edit: BTW, I'm through with this discussion and the hijacking of this thread. I won't be answering any more posts from you, so feel free to take your best shot.

Last edited by kdog; 06-27-2009 at 09:15 AM..

Old 07-20-2009, 03:38 PM

41 posts, read 178,131 times
Hey I just wanted to stop by and thank everyone for their answers, even though I'm not the OP. I am in a similar situation to the OP (I'm looking at 2 colleges, one in Tucson and one in Tempe) and it was helpful reading about how accepted gay people are in both of these cities.

So even though I didn't ask the question, thanks for the answers!

Old 07-22-2009, 10:16 AM

8 posts, read 37,272 times
Maybe it would be better to look in Seattle.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:01 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,446,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murland View Post
Hey I just wanted to stop by and thank everyone for their answers, even though I'm not the OP. I am in a similar situation to the OP (I'm looking at 2 colleges, one in Tucson and one in Tempe) and it was helpful reading about how accepted gay people are in both of these cities.

So even though I didn't ask the question, thanks for the answers!
If you are still considering Tempe, I think you'd be quite comfortable there. And, I can even direct you to a church you might like very much. PM me if you like.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:30 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,715,644 times
Gotta Be Bisbee, ....................New Berkeley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona