Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 10:35 AM

137 posts, read 518,943 times

Advertisements

U are so full of BS it isn't funny....Yeah gay people wake up one day and thought "hey, lets be gay" That way I can get berated, beaten, strung up on a fence and left for dead...also, all of the RIGHTS afforded to others don't apply to them because gay people choose to be gay and since its a choice they are required to have all the above things done to them! What a crock os bull...... Go crawl back under your rock pastor and wait for the second comming.

I seriously doubt that you know any REAL gay people because of your narrow comments that you have made. Just because you've talked to a few gay people that SUMS up all the gay people???? And just the thought that you would even bring up naming names means you should be stripped of what ever privileges you have in discussing these matter.

Where did you ever see that gay people want "special rights" They want EQUAL rights. The straight community has made a mockery of marriage anyway so why does it even matter? I really think its because the gay community would show how marriage is suppose to work....

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
Lot of difference between homosexuality and race....a person is born black or Hispanic, but sexual orientation is a behavior......and you can declare it until the cows come home, but I have yet to see one piece of definitive proof showing that a person is "born gay".....if I were black or Hispanic (which my wife and daughters are) I think I would be sorely offended whenever my situation and travails were compared to that of the gays.

I personally know several gay people very well....and in EVERY case they were preyed upon by an older homosexual when they were between 12 and 17......I could tell you who and where in each situation (if I were so inclined...but I am not)......so as far as I can see gays are made or make a choice.....but they are not born that way.

I do not believe in mistreating anybody or taking away any human right....but the drive by the homosexual community for special civil rights is ridiculous. IMHO

Old 08-25-2009, 11:19 PM

857 posts, read 1,739,507 times
Default Recall Election Flagstaff City Council And Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillR1 View Post
Tom, I don't think the Council is anti-gay at all. They approve every year tax dollars for the "Pride" festival. I think it was a case of listening to their constituents. I actually attended several of the public forums around the city when the ordinance was being discussed. The majority didn't want the ordinance in it's current form, and that even included some of the GLBT community. The ordinance was loosely modeled after a similar one in Tuscon, but no one could explain how this one would differ for OUR needs. There were too many unanswered questions about it, and few were comfortable with it like it was.
The fact that the Flagstaff City Council is so socially conservative that they HAVE TO DEBATE gay civil rights ordinances in the FIRST place demonstrates that the town is FAR from being gay friendly ! The elected City Council officers appear to NOT have been chosen by Socially Liberal constituents !

The fact that the City Council can't even pass an ordinance to protect NAU students - in the difficult coming out process - shows that the Liberal University is unfortunately not affiliated with a Liberal City Council and Mayor ! This is unlike MOST college towns where the City is liberal, and the cost of living is not astronomical, and there are socially liberal policies!

In Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and California, the STATES have a statewide gay civil rights ordinance form employment and housing.

Arizona is, as always, 30 years behind everyone else when it comes to social issues such as gay rights, Unions, and health care.

Clearly, the compromise for a Western town such as Flagstaff is to pass a gay rights ordinance for LARGE corporate employers, housing, and restaurant chains in Flagstaff, but not (yet) for the socially conservative small businesses who employ their FAMILY members, anyways.

Why this obvious solution wasn't reached I have no idea. It's just not a very progressive place over there.

Obviously, the entire City Council needs to be replaced in order to protect the interests of gay liberal students 18-30. The elections are next spring. If I still lived there, I would be leading the campaign for a recall campaign for the entire council, for their failure to pass a gay ordinance AND their Anti-Growth, Anti-Business, Anti-Big Box, Anti-Affordable Housing attitudes:
Al White, Scott Overton, Joseph Haughey, Rick Swanson, Sara Presler-Hoefle, Karla Brewster, Coral Evans.

Not only that, there should be a Citizen Initiative to make the City Manager an elected position, not an appointed one. Mr. Kevin Burke makes well over $100,000 a year and for a small town that is way too much. Not to mention that the City Council members doubled their own salaries without public approval last spring ('08).

On the Gay issue, Where is the outrage towards the City Council from the NAU Student / Faculty community?!

Old 08-25-2009, 11:28 PM

24,908 posts, read 39,352,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lane View Post
On the Gay issue, Where is the outrage towards the City Council from the NAU Student / Faculty community?!

There isn't any "outrage" Lane. Know why?

It's because - THERE IS NO PROBLEM TO BE OUTRAGED AGAINST!

People like you try to stir up trouble - we don't want your kind here.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

Sir,
There are gay and lesbian students at NAU who are VERY angry with the City Council and mayor. I have never been a student there so I do not know the student political organizations

Old 08-25-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lane View Post
Sir,
There are gay and lesbian students at NAU who are VERY angry with the City Council and mayor. I have never been a student there so I do not know the student political organizations

There is NOT A PROBLEM Lane - yet, you and your ilk are always trying to stir one up

You and your kind are the reason that liberals have a bad name

Old 08-25-2009, 11:48 PM

9,546 posts, read 16,610,657 times
Quote:

If I had control over this thread you Mr would be off this website. I've heard alot of hateful remarks on this website, that quite frankly I think citydata needs to look into. With that said. Just who the hell are you to tell anyone "We don't want your kind here" Im really wondering why other threads on this website are closed when less rudeness is going on, and this one is allowed to continue with a mouth like yours.

I certainly hope you don't speak to people like that in public.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
If I had control over this thread you Mr would be off this website. I've heard alot of hateful remarks on this website, that quite frankly I think citydata needs to look into. With that said. Just who the hell are you to tell anyone "We don't want your kind here" Im really wondering why other threads on this website are closed when less rudeness is going on, and this one is allowed to continue with a mouth like yours.

We speak our minds in Arizona - we have the freedoms to do so.

Lane is nothing more than a trouble maker - he and his kind are the reason liberals have a bad name -

And its because of the likes of those kinds of people we carry firearms in Arizona - we don't want others - OUTSIDERS - coming here and telling us what we are "supposed" to do.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:04 AM

Default A Liberal Moves To Flagstaff And Posts On City Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post

Mr. Greatday on his shooting range in Florence Junction, AZ is doing this because a liberal (me) in the Communications field from the much-maligned West Coast moved to Flagstaff, and found City-Data.com, that's all!

Mr. Greatday and Mr. Fcorrales follow me around to every forum I post on, because they feel threatened. They are the conservative Arizona status quo, representing local independent business interests who don't want competition from national chains. Of course, anyone from the West Coast knows that large big box stores and small businesses can co-exist.

As for Flagstaff, it's in Coconino County, one of 5 counties to vote for Obama in the 2008 national election. The county also voted AGAINST the gay-marriage ban. Voters in the City of Flagstaff voted AGAINST the old City Council's Anti-Big Box ordiance.

If I ran for the City Council, these posters know that I would win, and bring in Costco, Trader Joes, REI, and many environmental high tech companies. I'd also cancel Impact Fees to decrease the current unacceptable 8% unemployment (ref: Bureau of Labor Statistics)

If you look at my profile, you'll see that my ratings went up to 20,000 hits a couple of weeks ago, thats 20 times higher than normal. Perhaps because someone in Arizona government doesn't like my posts, and forwarded it to all the state offices.

All of this is just part of the territory when an outsider from California, Oregon, Washington, or Manhattan moves to Northern AZ and expresses their opinions. I love the controversy, although it would be nice if Mr. Greatday and Mr. Fcorrales actually replied to my points in specifics rather than broad generalities.

All the best for Flagstaff the progressives will have to elect a new City Council that is pro-gay, pro-big box stores, pro-health care, and pro-affordable housing next spring. I wish them the very best. If I ever moved back for whatever reason, there is no way that I would become politically involved due to individuals such as Mr. Greatday and Mr. Fcorrales.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:05 AM

21,727 posts, read 31,422,446 times
Quote:
That doesn't mean you can accurately speak for 6.5 million people. I know many in AZ and you certainly don't speak for them.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:

Lane is nothing more than a trouble maker - he and his kind are the reason liberals have a bad name -

And its because of the likes of those kinds of people we carry firearms in Arizona - we don't want others - OUTSIDERS - coming here and telling us what we are "supposed" to do.
Why does a Fiscal Libertarian / Social Liberal have a bad name to you? Arizonans and Californians are Fiscally Libertarian....

The firearm comment goes way overboard here. You clearly are threatened but I'm not even in your state so what's the point?

I would love to debate you on the radio <grin>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona