Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 11:46 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,576,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzydog View Post
City water in Phoenix is FOUL, and disgusting. If you're drinking it I truly feel for you.
I beg to differ. When I spent my time in the Phoenix area in October (Avondale), I had tap water. And I'll tell you, it wasn't bad at all.

I live in a place with most possibly the best tasting tap water in the US. At least, that's what I've heard.
Go down to the Twin Cities metro, and the water is absolutely disgusting. That's one reason I wouldn't be able to live down there. Even when ran through a filter, it just tastes different and weird.

I was SO surprised to find that the Phoenix water is actually more than tolerable. I thought for a desert, the water would be BLECH, but i found the opposite to be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 11:58 PM

194 posts, read 565,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
The water in Arizona IS drinkable... perhaps not the tastiest at tap temperature, but chilled, it's ok. I drink a lot of bottled water for convenience as I'm out and about, but the environmental impact of all those bottles of various designer waters, and just plain drinking water, is beginning to get to me.
Ya its either that or drink the nasty city water.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:19 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,855,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post
I beg to differ. When I spent my time in the Phoenix area in October (Avondale), I had tap water. And I'll tell you, it wasn't bad at all.

I live in a place with most possibly the best tasting tap water in the US. At least, that's what I've heard.
Go down to the Twin Cities metro, and the water is absolutely disgusting. That's one reason I wouldn't be able to live down there. Even when ran through a filter, it just tastes different and weird.

I was SO surprised to find that the Phoenix water is actually more than tolerable. I thought for a desert, the water would be BLECH, but i found the opposite to be true.
You are so right about Twin Cities water, I lived there for a long time, never drank unless cold and still tasted like toilet water with bleach
but that can be most city supplied water there. The only water I could drink was well water and fast I don't have a problem with filtered water and may have to do it, as hate buying bottles unless for road trips...

Old 07-05-2009, 07:32 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:

Face it: certain Trolls who frequent the Phx Forum would call you crazy and a liar.

Hint: I am not referring to anybody in this thread as a Troll.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:24 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,576,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
You are so right about Twin Cities water, I lived there for a long time, never drank unless cold and still tasted like toilet water with bleach
but that can be most city supplied water there. The only water I could drink was well water and fast I don't have a problem with filtered water and may have to do it, as hate buying bottles unless for road trips...
Yeah you'd think for the land of 10,000 lakes that we'd have FLAWLESS water. Bah!

Though Duluth has always had the best water of any place I've had tap water. I can remember going to the Cities when I was young and dreading having to drink the tap water. This is before filters became commonplace among my family. Even now I still dread it.

I declare Phoenix the victor of the tap water war between Minneapolis!

Old 07-05-2009, 08:59 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Yeah you'd think for the land of 10,000 lakes that we'd have FLAWLESS water. Bah!

Though Duluth has always had the best water of any place I've had tap water. I can remember going to the Cities when I was young and dreading having to drink the tap water. This is before filters became commonplace among my family. Even now I still dread it.

I declare Phoenix the victor of the tap water war between Minneapolis!
Phx lover

Old 07-05-2009, 09:40 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBaroo View Post
I've noticed a lot of people spell ridiculous, rediculous.
It's 2009 and the computer age, we aren't face to face anymore, I think a lot of people express how they feel by spelling, I know I do. It's not bad grammar, I mean, spell check has enabled us all to spell like a dictionary.

Do you undrstaaaaand? lol We spell with accents as well, gotta luv it!

Old 07-05-2009, 09:53 AM

2,061 posts, read 4,136,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzydog View Post
Finally will be aquiring some real estate ELSEWHERE!!! I cant wait.

I mean I love it here in the Winter time but these summers are just rediculous! You would think you would get used to it but you just dont. How can anyone get used to 109?

We have decided to start spending May-Sept in the Northwest. I think this will be the greatest decision and purchase we have made yet.

Ok...thats it for the daily news.
Me too! Except I moved to colorado for the summer~ 5th of July and woke to 56 and projected temps to 79 for the heat of the day~And the water is great!

Old 07-06-2009, 04:32 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,419,889 times
I only drink tap water, and I am perfectly fine and healthy.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:46 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
I only drink tap water, and I am perfectly fine and healthy.
Well, those horns on your head are distracting but I guess in an attractive way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona