Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 07:48 AM

767 posts, read 2,067,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimeowner View Post
where would you live In the the states and under 200k ? So work is not an issue. The only issue is where do you like it best considering whats important to you. Please tell me what type of home you think you can buy for that 200k and why you chose that location.

If I could live anywhere it would be either Malibu or way up in the Hollywood Hills next to my buddy and fellow Laker fan Jack. But given the 200K budget (I hate it when that happens...) I would say Florida and, in particular, Sarasota. Probably a smaller 30-40 year old ranch-style home (1200-1400 s.f.) in a nice quiet neighborhood within close proximity to Siesta Key.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 12:07 PM

276 posts, read 793,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Humidity, mold, bugs, and the slowest most unfriendly help I've ever seen. The employees call Disney World Mousewitz. I'll take Arizona any day even if Las Vegas is in Nevada
So would I. I live in this mold infested humid hell hole called central FL. I hate it!

Old 07-23-2009, 12:55 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,888,596 times
I would have to say Florida. Go back to the southeast is better for me. It's cheaper living and very near the beach/lake areas. Also the nightlife is cheaper too (lots of specials just about everyday almost). Around Ormond, Daytona Beach, and/or Smyrna Beach (are my favorite places).

Old 07-23-2009, 12:57 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,888,596 times
Hey, I love the humidity. At least it's wet and my skin won't break out (like it has been for 8 years I've lived in Arizona). Every time I went to Florida, my skin cleared up and it was so smooth and soft. I can't get my skin to do that here, because it's too damn dry. Just my opinion.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:57 PM

202 posts, read 406,625 times
For 200K? There are so many places! One of my most favorite and easily affordable for that $ would be south central Kentucky. Beautiful, green rolling hills ... underrated landscape there. Only downfall ... ticks and humid summers.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:17 PM

894 posts, read 2,203,105 times
[quote=jaada;9879348]
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbatman86 View Post
The heat in Arizona is not bad, you just have to learn to live in it. Do something. I was outside all day, everyday in the summer when I was growing up. Whether it be riding my bike, swimming in the irrigation canal, (yeah yeah dirty dirty,) or building my never finished tree house with my little brother. I didn't grow up in the burbs, I grew up in the middle of nowhere Buckeye, (when there was nothing but farm fields,) and poor. No money for a playstation or satellite TV. We did was old fashioned Americans did.

The heat is livable. It is not too hot for kids to play outside.[/QUOT

not true the heat is a killer did you see last nights news? about the boy who just died because he was out hiking in this heat? i have been in this horrible stuff for 5 yrs now and still am not use to it. not everyone can take the heat i can not. now on the other hand some people can get use to it and love it but you do need to be careful in it.
Nope, sorry, I didn't. No TV in Iraq. That is sad that YET ANOTHER ignorant person died, hiking in the summer in Arizona. But that is called natural selection. IMO.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:31 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,277,062 times
[quote=jaada;9879348]
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbatman86 View Post
The heat in Arizona is not bad, you just have to learn to live in it. Do something. I was outside all day, everyday in the summer when I was growing up. Whether it be riding my bike, swimming in the irrigation canal, (yeah yeah dirty dirty,) or building my never finished tree house with my little brother. I didn't grow up in the burbs, I grew up in the middle of nowhere Buckeye, (when there was nothing but farm fields,) and poor. No money for a playstation or satellite TV. We did was old fashioned Americans did.

The heat is livable. It is not too hot for kids to play outside.[/QUOT

not true the heat is a killer did you see last nights news? about the boy who just died because he was out hiking in this heat? i have been in this horrible stuff for 5 yrs now and still am not use to it. not everyone can take the heat i can not. now on the other hand some people can get use to it and love it but you do need to be careful in it.
I read the story about that poor kid. But you can't blame the heat for people not taking the precautions hiking for hours in the extreme heat. The entire family was unprepared for their little hike and they had issues with border line heat stroke.
I'm not the biggest fan of Arizona but because it is still a possibility in our future I read the forum once in awhile. I felt like absolute crap the first two days we were there last year. But after I drank some water and kept drinking water I was much better.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:39 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
I live in Sierra Vista, it's 81 right now at 3PM in July. For weather you can't beat it but, it's not very livable if you are not in the ARMY. If you go hiking here you can meet a herd of illegals crossing or a Bear, we have problems with both. I'm a big city boy but I seem to find myself in small towns that aren't near anything.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:50 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I live in Sierra Vista, it's 81 right now at 3PM in July. For weather you can't beat it but, it's not very livable if you are not in the ARMY. If you go hiking here you can meet a herd of illegals crossing or a Bear, we have problems with both. I'm a big city boy but I seem to find myself in small towns that aren't near anything.
LOL. I was in Sierra Vista in the Army and there were no end of fellow soldiers and their wives whining about how hot and miserable it was there. Some folks just can't take ANY heat. But, why do you say it is not livable if one is not in the Army? Sierra Vista is on my short list of places to live if I can figure out how to escape Phoenix. When I was there I always thought it would be a decent place to return to someday.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:12 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
LOL. I was in Sierra Vista in the Army and there were no end of fellow soldiers and their wives whining about how hot and miserable it was there. Some folks just can't take ANY heat. But, why do you say it is not livable if one is not in the Army? Sierra Vista is on my short list of places to live if I can figure out how to escape Phoenix. When I was there I always thought it would be a decent place to return to someday.
84 Yesterday, 81 today but (believe this) Humid 47%. I imagine that for someone from Michigan or Maine it could be hot but from Phoenix this is cold. I was up in Goodyear two weeks ago and couldn't believe I had lived in that heat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona