Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 09:54 AM

14 posts, read 58,776 times

Advertisements

you might try the show low area, there is still some fairly reasonably places there. another option might be new mexico, the humidity is about the same as AZ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 10:21 AM

39,097 posts, read 51,306,911 times
Default Not Show Low

I was just looking for property in Show Low. No deals there. Mobile home on a 4000 sf lot - $250K and up. 1/2 acre lot with water and septic - 200K. Older house with 1700 sf - $350K. Prices were worse than Phoenix. It's chaper compared to Flagstaff. Add 50-100K to all those prices for Flagstaff.

I don't think there is anything that is affordable here anymore. I don't think the "good times" are coming back again either. Just get a 50-year loan and don't worry about it.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:35 AM

8 posts, read 12,134 times
Default Nice area affordable homes in Phoenix

If you're looking for the nicest area for the money, North Phoenix and Glendale are your best bet. Near Arrowhead are some smaller areas closer to I-17 where you can get a decent house for about 250,000 still. Really good schools, low crime. Stay north of Bell Road and west of I-17.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:15 AM

508 posts, read 1,674,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffrandall View Post
If you're looking for the nicest area for the money, North Phoenix and Glendale are your best bet. Near Arrowhead are some smaller areas closer to I-17 where you can get a decent house for about 250,000 still. Really good schools, low crime. Stay north of Bell Road and west of I-17.
Where exactly can you get a home around Arrowhead for $250k and what type of house? curioustiy piqued . . .

Old 05-07-2007, 11:38 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,176,851 times
Closer to I-17 and Happy Valley you can find some nice homes from $250k. It's just a couple of miles from Arrowhead Ranch. More even off of Deer Valley. they have some neighborhoods that are smaller homes. These are all newer ones, nothing old (however, there are older homes as well).

Old 05-07-2007, 01:02 PM

609 posts, read 2,119,687 times
The financing has nothing to do with it. I pay cash. Just do not like to pay more than something is worth. I think I will look in other states.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:19 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,964,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittZ View Post
Where exactly can you get a home around Arrowhead for $250k and what type of house? curioustiy piqued . . .

I bet 59th Ave North of Union Hills off to your right. Some small homes in there.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:37 PM

14 posts, read 59,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregandvicky View Post
I am currently in a small historic area 35 miles east of Austin in the Pine Trees, It is near the small town of Bastrop and I live in Lost Pines

Damn dood. I spent a lot of time in Austin and Lost Pines is nice. Yea, Texas humidity sucks, but then that is why they invented air conditioning :-)

Also, wher you gonna get a deal like that on an acre of land out here? They are nuts with the land prices out here. It is almost criminal, or should be.

The problem is all the damn Yanks who move out here to retire. Between them and the Californians they are killing the housing market here for the average person. (That and they come out here and plant grass - yuck).

BTW, Austin ROCKS! There is SO much to do there ... If I did not love the desert so much I would so Live there, just for the live music scene alone ...

Good luck making it back out here!

Old 05-07-2007, 03:47 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,176,851 times
I just looked on realtor.com and there are a bunch of Arrowhead homes for $250-275k. Look in the following subdivisions:

Arrowhead Lakes(!!!!) nice little house in the best area of Arrowhead.
Arrowhead on the Green
Lakeside at Arrowhead
Arrowhead Sunrise
Continental at Arrowhead
Arrowhead Enclave

Granted, these homes are small (3/2), but still a great area for a good deal.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:20 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,783,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregandvicky View Post
We used to live in the Phoenix area, moved 5 years ago to Texas. Wow what a mistake.
Is anywhere in Arizona affordable anymore. In the 5 years we have been gone home prices have actually doubled from what I can tell in Az.

Help, really need out of Texas where everything sucks.
I just moved to austin from Portland. The humidity DOES SUCK. I think you should check out Maricopa AZ. Good prices on home. I should have moved there. I checked out there, and then check out Austin because of the green lush vegitation. Well...boy am I sorry. Ill take the dry heat any day over this. Its 78 out and I just want to stay inside. I have to take 2 showers a day. I am also checking out colorado. Think 220,000 range and your fine. When you (we) inlcude the high taxes of texas into your house payment, your paying alot more in texas. In AZ when you pay off your house, then your looking at 1400 dollars or so a year in tax, not 3-5000 here in texas. I think they mislabled this state. They were trying to spell Taxes, and named it texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona