Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 08:29 PM

55 posts, read 412,221 times

Advertisements

MAB! Liked your reply!!!!

Old 06-20-2006, 03:06 AM

702 posts, read 3,151,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyed303
BEWARE - Yuma is no place to live. Please read and re-read the posting from Old Surrender here. This is soooo true. I also moved here straight out of college to take a job. I have regretted the move from my first week here. I am making my escape in August - FOR SURE. It is too hot and yes, an air conditioner can help, but you will pay for the privilege of trying not to fry in the heat. The electricity is not cheap.
The hispanic people here are soo rude - maybe it's the heat? The snowbirds are pushy and really terrible drivers.
I would say run, not walk, away from Yuma as fast as you can. There is nothing here for you unless you want a hot, rude, nasty, smelly place to live.
This post is right on. I travel through Yuma about every other month on the way to California. It is VERY hot in the summer. It is VERY crowded in the winter. There are two nice air conditioned places in Yuma. The new mall, which is huge. The other is the Cracker Barrel Restaurant. Air conditioning is very expensive here. I have talked to many residents that I have met in Yuma. They have said that they are here for a reason, like a job, or they wouldn't live there.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:52 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,383 times
yuma is the worst place ever! please dont let anyone tell you that its only hot 3 months out of the year because they are lieing. its hell 3 months but extremely hot at least 5-6 months out of the year,may june july august september and it is still in the 100's now in october. and the heat never goes away at night when its 115 during the day its at least a nice cool 110 at midnight! no one ever told me this when i first got here.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:03 PM

67 posts, read 242,059 times
I just want to ask MAB if they think a person is racist because a person disagrees with them about how they view a city? Some Hispanics are rude and I don't care what state or city one is in. Some whites are rude too. And not all older people are bad drivers. I can tell you that plenty of young people are terrible drivers who don't care about others on the road. There are always two sides to everything and I can tell you that I have been to Yuma and in fact we own proptery in Dateland. I like Yuma but not to live in. We live in the Las Cruces area and we are selling from here to RV full time. We will not be snowbirds though since we are keeping our registration in NM. I doubt that we come to Yuma that often but when we do we will stay on our property out in Dateland where there is little traffic and wide open spaces and....(drum roll) *****ly Pear Cactus Shake and Date Shakes.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I think that MAB thinks anyone is racist because they don't appreciate the racism and rudeness that comes from some Hispanics. Is that how you fell MAB?

GQ

Old 11-04-2006, 12:14 PM

121 posts, read 663,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
yuma is the worst place ever! please dont let anyone tell you that its only hot 3 months out of the year because they are lieing. its hell 3 months but extremely hot at least 5-6 months out of the year,may june july august september and it is still in the 100's now in october. and the heat never goes away at night when its 115 during the day its at least a nice cool 110 at midnight! no one ever told me this when i first got here.
Can't agree more!! Yuma is by the far the WORST PLACE EVER to live!!! Consider this: It's NOV 4th today and we were sweating watching my sons soccer game!!! YUCK!!! It's miserable here... I was born/raised in Minnesota and I always thought the bitter cold winters were the worst!! I WAS WRONG!!!!!!! I'd take a bitter cold winter over a hot summer anyday. Unless you have a pool, your are stuck inside. It is to hot for children to play outside all summer long. People always day ooh there is low humidity....yes this is true but when it's 110 out does it really matter? There are no seasons...it's so sad there is hot and hotter!! Some real smart (roll eyes) people decided to build an outdoor mall in YUMA!! It's so freakin hot here WTH? I could go on and on byt whoever is reading this please consider coming here and checking it out before you decide.. I am only trying to help you. Why do I live here then? No choice, my husband is in the Navy and we are stationed here, thank god we are leaving in a few months. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider coming here and checking it you before you decide!!!!!!!!

Old 11-14-2006, 08:36 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imissthefall View Post
Can't agree more!! Yuma is by the far the WORST PLACE EVER to live!!! Consider this: It's NOV 4th today and we were sweating watching my sons soccer game!!! YUCK!!! It's miserable here... I was born/raised in Minnesota and I always thought the bitter cold winters were the worst!! I WAS WRONG!!!!!!! I'd take a bitter cold winter over a hot summer anyday. Unless you have a pool, your are stuck inside. It is to hot for children to play outside all summer long. People always day ooh there is low humidity....yes this is true but when it's 110 out does it really matter? There are no seasons...it's so sad there is hot and hotter!! Some real smart (roll eyes) people decided to build an outdoor mall in YUMA!! It's so freakin hot here WTH? I could go on and on byt whoever is reading this please consider coming here and checking it out before you decide.. I am only trying to help you. Why do I live here then? No choice, my husband is in the Navy and we are stationed here, thank god we are leaving in a few months. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider coming here and checking it you before you decide!!!!!!!!

yes you are so right. outdoor mall how dumb. they have sprayers of hot water to cool you off at the outdoor mall lol! seriously there is no cold water in yuma until november. and it goes away in march. i have no choice right now either but as soon as i can i am gone!

Old 11-22-2006, 09:45 AM

121 posts, read 663,038 times
"yes you are so right. outdoor mall how dumb. they have sprayers of hot water to cool you off at the outdoor mall lol! seriously there is no cold water in yuma until november. and it goes away in march. i have no choice right now either but as soon as i can i am gone!"

Who came up with this idea! Not one person thinks it's a good idea...we are not CA we are AZ

Old 11-22-2006, 09:57 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Its pathetic that they have to spray water to keep people from dying. That should be your first clue that its not a great place to live. It always seemed ironic to me when I visit AZ how they have water bans and talk about low water problems, but everywhere you look are water fountains and misting machines.

Old 11-26-2006, 08:20 AM

21 posts, read 98,142 times
Default Yuma.

Hi MAB. Great reply. I am from Canada and spent some time in Yuma last year. My wife and I commented on the slow pace and easy driving around town, not like the larger cities. You can find a place to park at the mall which was not crowded, and found the people very friendly. As for the smell, I did not notice, and where do these folks think all the lettace comes from. I give a big thumbs up to Yuma, and we plan on returning this winter.Scottyc

Old 11-26-2006, 09:30 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Mab, you are cool!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona