Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 08:25 PM

269 posts, read 1,257,896 times

Advertisements

without a permit you can openly wear a gun on your hip,need I say more?

Richard

Old 06-07-2007, 07:31 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
I love the gun on hip thing here. We went into a McDonalds in Kingman and a guy comes in with a gun belt and gun. I asked him if there was a parade. Being from N. Ca only the gang members can carry guns.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:53 PM

999 posts, read 4,527,754 times
Quote:

without a permit you can openly wear a gun on your hip,need I say more?
You can open carry in MI too, but they still elected Jenny Two Penny TWICE....

Old 06-07-2007, 03:51 PM

269 posts, read 1,257,896 times
Quote:
I love the gun on hip thing here. We went into a McDonalds in Kingman and a guy comes in with a gun belt and gun. I asked him if there was a parade. Being from N. Ca only the gang members can carry guns.

that is so funny,I am sore from laughing so hard.

Richard

Old 06-07-2007, 09:16 PM

4 posts, read 18,748 times
Default Pepper spray at the hobo camp - I remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by and the View Post
Prescott seemed pretty liberal to me. In fact, too liberal. So I'm doing my part to change that by moving there in the next few years. Bringing all my guns too!! Even the handguns with short barrels!!

There was a situation a couple years ago where the cops got a complaint on the hobo camp. They went there and sprayed some pepper spray around the illegal hobo town when the hobos were away panhandling somewhere. Many people in town went nuts and wanted the cops fired. I suggested in a letter to the editor that the complainers take a few unfortunate homeless meth users into their homes until they could get back on their feet. Alas, I don't think there were any takers. Most people thought the government should take care of the problem. I thought they DID take care of it when they sprayed the hobo repellant.
So you're bringing all your guns, eh? I hope you have had gun-safety training. We wouldn't want you to blow off your toes - or some innocent child's head.

As for the pepper spray. Yes, the cops came in and pepper-sprayed and urinated on our belongings while we were all in town working out of the local day-labor office. We, the homeless VETERANS and other unfortunate people without full-time jobs and homes. The children among us cried and wanted to know "why?" We didn't know what to tell them. It was a county area - one of the few near town where camping is allowed. So the illegality was on the part of the city police who went out of their jurisdiction to perform cruel and unusual punishment.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:13 PM

999 posts, read 4,527,754 times
Quote:
As for the pepper spray. Yes, the cops came in and pepper-sprayed and urinated on our belongings while we were all in town working out of the local day-labor office. We, the homeless VETERANS and other unfortunate people without full-time jobs and homes. The children among us cried and wanted to know "why?" We didn't know what to tell them. It was a county area - one of the few near town where camping is allowed. So the illegality was on the part of the city police who went out of their jurisdiction to perform cruel and unusual punishment.
That's not the way I heard it from the cops. And yep, bringing all my guns. I wouldn't be alive today had I not been armed the one time I really needed to be. As far as safety with guns, it's prett simple. I keep the kids away and I don't pull the trigger unless I want the gun to fire. What ever happened to those cops? What did the internal investigation reveal?

Old 06-08-2007, 06:10 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,308,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Warner View Post
I've seen that too-- a couple of years ago driving from Flagstaff back to Phoenix. We stopped at a gas station, and this guy just comes walking in with a gun hanging right outside his hip. It scared me at the time, but I guess this really is the wild west. A common theme I've noticed though-- these stories seem to take place in truck stops in rural Arizona. I've never seen anybody carry a gun out in the open in Phoenix.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:56 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Silverbear explains it best. Pretty much right on 100%.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:06 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymc View Post
I lived in Oregon for 27 years and Arizona for the last 3 1/2. If you can take the rain in Portland, you will be happier if living in a more liberal, progressive state is the lifestyle you want. Arizona is about 20 years behind in anything progressive. I love living in the warm sunshine, so I will stay here but my heart is in Oregon and I will always be an Oregonian.

In anything progressive? Name a few examples, please. To say *anything progressive* is very untrue. And. . for certain, Phoenix is not 20 years behind.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:15 PM

20 posts, read 60,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymc View Post
I lived in Oregon for 27 years and Arizona for the last 3 1/2. If you can take the rain in Portland, you will be happier if living in a more liberal, progressive state is the lifestyle you want. Arizona is about 20 years behind in anything progressive. I love living in the warm sunshine, so I will stay here but my heart is in Oregon and I will always be an Oregonian.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I love living in the warm sunshine, but unlike you, Kathy, not enough to stay in this very regressive state. I didn't think my disagreement with the political climate could outweigh my love for the actual climate, but I was wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona