Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 09:17 PM

340 posts, read 516,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Hwy 7 is the worst I know about. My siblings and I used to get car sick when my parents would drive it.
Try Hwy 123 south out of Mt Judea, or 74 from Jasper to Ponca. Hwy 7 is a super Highway in comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2018, 04:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexLan View Post
GOOD LORD .... 67,000 posts and still going. That MUST be a world record for sure!

What might you do in your "off" time ... lol.
nope, there are a few of with more: Figure 10 plus years posting, lots of interests in lots of thins and being retired: all together gives me time. BTW, I know you probably think I spend my whole day on the board, I actually, unless the weather is awful and we are stuck inside really do not. I am just a know it all and instead of spending time watching TV like lots of seniors, I waste time on City Data.

Old 06-03-2018, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Yeah, there is always one or another, usually from some
other forum, (and some other state) that has to
drop their 2cent whine in a thread.

As I understand it, nmnita runs a couple businesses,
and has a family She just posts here when no one
is looking
don't run a business anymore but do have a family here and spend a lot of time with them and playing Bridge plus doing volunteer work. At least it helps me keep my mind in gear and hopefully keeps me connected with others. It is that or clean house, which would most of us rather do?

Old 06-03-2018, 08:41 AM

459 posts, read 586,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
nope, there are a few of with more: Figure 10 plus years posting, lots of interests in lots of thins and being retired: all together gives me time. BTW, I know you probably think I spend my whole day on the board, I actually, unless the weather is awful and we are stuck inside really do not. I am just a know it all and instead of spending time watching TV like lots of seniors, I waste time on City Data.

Got it - I like the TV. You're probably the forum data base backup !!

Congrats.

Old 06-03-2018, 01:54 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
don't run a business anymore but do have a family here and spend a lot of time with them and playing Bridge plus doing volunteer work. At least it helps me keep my mind in gear and hopefully keeps me connected with others. It is that or clean house, which would most of us rather do?
Shhhh...
I was trying to brag on ya

I have 40 thousand plus posts on other forums,
(besides this one) over the years.
It is pretty easy to accumulate some huge numbers,
if you do it long enough.
I been reading and writing on forums since the 90's.

Old 06-04-2018, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Shhhh...
I was trying to brag on ya

I have 40 thousand plus posts on other forums,
(besides this one) over the years.
It is pretty easy to accumulate some huge numbers,
if you do it long enough.
I been reading and writing on forums since the 90's.
yep, and there are a few on here that look at our numbers and think we are almost babies.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:23 PM

697 posts, read 1,775,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa77gregg View Post
Concerning the winding roads:
Are they very windy in Harrison too? Any smaller city where the roads are NOT too winding? Thanks so much for your information!
Both Harrison and Mountain Home have very navigable, large 4 lane highways in and immediately around the cities. It's once you start going into the periphery that things can get a little narrower and more curvy, but these are still US highways and are not crazy at all. Once again, as a previous poster said, these are nothing like the windiness you'll find in the real mountains, Rockies, South Dakota, etc. I don't think you'd have any real problems on the major highways around either Harrison or Mountain Home, which from what you say you're looking for, would be my pick of areas to focus on.

As far as why I keep pushing this area... Well, I was actually in Mountain Home last Friday visiting family and here's what it looks like just a few minutes east of town (still on very good roads too!):

Old 06-18-2018, 02:03 PM

14 posts, read 18,653 times
I'm bummed. Your picture no workie for me. Lol

Old 06-19-2018, 03:11 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
I'm bummed. Your picture no workie for me. Lol
His picture didn't come through.
I don't know why.
Really nice placeholder, though... LoL.

Old 06-19-2018, 03:54 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,329,632 times
I saw the pic originally don't know why it disappeared.

It was a pic of a placid body of water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas