Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 02:40 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,651,685 times

Advertisements

Ok, the gov recently included 1-C group for covid shot. But looking at state health website, its clear as mud. Do I need a note from doctor as to medical condition or is it honor system. And most of these places seem to want my life history just to request an appointment though they say they dont guarantee an actual appointment. Meaning yet more unnecessary data collection I guess. My notion, they can have info when they give me a firm date and time for the shot. None are what I call near by.

Do I need an insurance card, is there a charge, not for the vaccine which fed govt is paying for, but for administering the shot. One site asked for insurance info or if I wanted to pay CASH???? Sounds scammy to me. And apparently lot of these places dont have the actual vaccine yet. Jeesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2021, 03:27 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,650,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
Ok, the gov recently included 1-C group for covid shot. But looking at state health website, its clear as mud. Do I need a note from doctor as to medical condition or is it honor system. And most of these places seem to want my life history just to request an appointment though they say they dont guarantee an actual appointment. Meaning yet more unnecessary data collection I guess. My notion, they can have info when they give me a firm date and time for the shot. None are what I call near by.

Do I need an insurance card, is there a charge, not for the vaccine which fed govt is paying for, but for administering the shot. One site asked for insurance info or if I wanted to pay CASH???? Sounds scammy to me. And apparently lot of these places dont have the actual vaccine yet. Jeesh.
Maybe they are scanning you as a patient with the questions to make sure you fall into that category?

I've read that no one has to pay for anything when getting it, but you could always call and ask.

Or you could just opt not to get the vaccine.

Old 03-18-2021, 04:11 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,651,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Maybe they are scanning you as a patient with the questions to make sure you fall into that category?

I've read that no one has to pay for anything when getting it, but you could always call and ask.

Or you could just opt not to get the vaccine.

So why are the websites so opaque about it. If they need a doctors note as per some comorbidity, just say so up front so it can be planned for. If there is a charge, SAY SO. Its not rocket science to give out necessary info to the public. Why make people each call for basic info?

Yes of course I can choose to not get the shot and remain in hiding for a few years.... Or play Russian roulette with my life and act like covid doesnt exist. I hear thats popular with the flat-earthers, least those under 45 that feel immortal, the older ones tend to want the vaccine rather than a possible lung transplant or shiny new coffin.

Old 03-18-2021, 04:38 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,650,547 times
Quote:
So why are the websites so opaque about it. If they need a doctors note as per some comorbidity, just say so up front so it can be planned for. If there is a charge, SAY SO. Its not rocket science to give out necessary info to the public. Why make people each call for basic info?

Yes of course I can choose to not get the shot and remain in hiding for a few years.... Or play Russian roulette with my life and act like covid doesnt exist. I hear thats popular with the flat-earthers, least those under 45 that feel immortal, the older ones tend to want the vaccine rather than a possible lung transplant or shiny new coffin.
Maybe you'd be happy if they come to your living room and give it to you so you don't have to make any effort.

You need to call and find out the answers to your questions, not come here with this odd rant.

Old 03-19-2021, 03:15 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,639,401 times
Quote:
Never fear, the one thing government has an abundance of is the ability to make things as clear as mud. Sometimes that can be pretty taxing, if you don't mind the joke

As I understand it, if you don't have insurance, they just write off the cost, or bill the government, but if you have insurance, you need to have the info ready so they can bill your insurance.

Quote:
You don't have to be a flat earther, or other kind of virus denier, to wonder if the vaccine is worth taking. The pandemic is winding down, but will be around for quite a while yet. You have to balance the minor risk of taking the shot with the less likely chance of getting the virus. But if you get the virus, the virus carries a much higher risk.

As an odds maker, if you have comorbidity or such you might want to go ahead and call them to ask if you need documentation. Or just go get the documentation. Else give it a few more weeks and you should be able to get the vaccine without the documentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Maybe you'd be happy if they come to your living room and give it to you so you don't have to make any effort.

You need to call and find out the answers to your questions, not come here with this odd rant.
I don't find his rant as odd as where he chose to rant.
Unless he knows that a few of us are quite adept at dealing with the government.
I worked for the government for 34+ years, and still find them frustrating.

Old 03-22-2021, 01:50 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,893,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Never fear, the one thing government has an abundance of is the ability to make things as clear as mud. Sometimes that can be pretty taxing, if you don't mind the joke

(Three paragraphs omitted)

I don't find his rant as odd as where he chose to rant.
Unless he knows that a few of us are quite adept at dealing with the government.
I worked for the government for 34+ years, and still find them frustrating.

TRex2, I just read that "I worked for the government for 344 years, and still find them frustrating."

I am very short on sleep after a bad night, and apparently need to get my eyes checked as well.

ON the other hand, you DO call yourself "TRex2", and it's been well over 344 years since any of your T Rex kind have been around.

Except for on C-D, of course.

I hope all who want them can obtain their Covid-19 vaccines easily and soon, and that any remaining fears will be allayed as more and more reassuring info. about the vaccines' effectiveness is proven.

Old 03-22-2021, 05:05 PM

Quote:
TRex2, I just read that "I worked for the government for 344 years, and still find them frustrating."
Some days it felt like it.

Quote:
I hope all who want them can obtain their Covid-19 vaccines easily and soon, and that any remaining fears will be allayed as more and more reassuring info. about the vaccines' effectiveness is proven.
The numbers are winding down very quickly (but won't reach zero in the near future) so it won't be long before people begin to tell the government to stick their vaccine where the sun don't shine. Statistically, those who have comorbidity or are elderly should probably go ahead an get the shot, as it puts the odds on their side. Some others probably have better odds of not getting it or being asymptomatic, either with or without the vaccine, so it won't make sense for them to get it.

The numbers I had, just six weeks ago, said "get the shot," but this is winding down faster than I expected, so now I am saying it won't make sense for everyone.

Fot the math geeks, if C is total cases, as percentage of population, and V is the percentage of the population that has been vaccinated, the following formula gives herd immunity with this virus:

C+V/4>25

Some notes:
I don't know the correct symbol for this, so I used "greater than" since it is close enough.
The "25" is derived from observing the "new cases" curve.
I previously thought the 25 could have been higher.
The "4" is 25/100. If the 25 were higher, the 4 would be lower.
A new mutation (like E484K) could change the equation, but so far, it hasn't.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:13 PM

436 posts, read 578,982 times
I’m not sure what part of Arkansas you are in, so not sure of what the medical resources are in your area.

My process was very simple. I signed into my Baptist Health MyChart account, easy to create if you don’t have one. I also echecked online which did require answering a few health questions.

I clicked the box to say I was eligible. I selected an appointment time, there were many locations to select from. I went to Baptist Health NLR, gave my name and they sent me back for the shot. I did not have to show my driver’s license, my company badge or my proof of insurance. At no time was I asked about my eligibility or proof of eligibility. I was in and out in 10 minutes. I completed no forms on-site.

The shot was free. It’s my understanding that Arkansas Heart Hospital and Conway Regional have similar online process.

Old 03-23-2021, 06:45 AM

I just did the online registration for my wife, for walmart, and they said they needed her to bring medical insurance for billing, and any kind of ID to prove it was her.

Quote:
signed into my Baptist Health MyChart account
I think, for you, they already have everything in your records.
I know my wife can go pretty much anywhere in our regional medical system and her records have everything they need, including who to contact (me) if she were to have an emergency or crisis. Along the same line, my bank has done away with checking my ID, since my picture and signature are in their system. I suspect Baptist Health has your picture, signature, medical info, and all that other stuff along with your actual health chart.

The only reason Walmart needs my wife's insurance is she has coverage through one company (medigap) for meds, and a different one for all other, including vaccines.

Old 03-23-2021, 10:16 AM

355 posts, read 225,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
The pandemic is winding down
The numbers in Europe and abroad say something else. The variants are pushing for another wave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
View detailed profiles of: