Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 11:47 AM

4,175 posts, read 2,575,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towneee3 View Post
That's exactly right. They have fired thousands of health care workers because they won't get vaccinated. The same healthcare workers that worked through the beginning of the pandemic- this is the thanks they get. The news reports that the hospitals are being worked to death because of Covid but this is a lie- it's because they fired everyone due to the mandates.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2022, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
I live in the north AR, surrounded by the beautiful Ozarks, clear running streams, rock formations, waterfalls, abundant wildlife, friendly down home people who enjoy being self sufficient, people who love liberty, I live where violent crime is nearly non-existent, where I always feel safe, in a clean area. I am also glad you don't want to move here.
As long as you don't mind snakes. I'm a big baby when it comes to lots of them critters.

Old 01-15-2022, 12:23 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,655,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
As long as you don't mind snakes. I'm a big baby when it comes to lots of them critters.
Is there a state that has no snakes?

I'm originally from south Louisiana, we had may more snakes there than I see here in AR and I live in the woods.

Old 01-15-2022, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Is there a state that has no snakes?

I'm originally from south Louisiana, we had may more snakes there than I see here in AR and I live in the woods.
Garter snakes, rubber boas, c. constrictors, and other non venomous types near where I live startle me when I don't expect it, but are harmless. It's the other types that concern me, especially when they blend into the background of the trails I like to hike on. It's enough to keep from tripping over my own feet much less also looking for camouflaged copperheads, or water moccasins, rattle snakes laying in the leaves or wherever, lol. I don't like surprises of that sort.

But that is just a heads up for the OP. Not everyone is wild over snakes even if they know that they are needed. Especially if they get land they will no doubt get up close, and personal with some of the 6 native venomous snakes of Arkansas. Easy enough to verify native snakes of Arkansas online. It's like that all through the south. Snakes like the heat too. Peace.

https://www.uaex.uada.edu/environmen...ve-snakes.aspx

Old 01-15-2022, 05:37 PM

8,937 posts, read 4,660,970 times
Quote:
...Snakes like the heat too. Peace.
https://www.uaex.uada.edu/environmen...ve-snakes.aspx
Where I worked in Texas, we had many encounters with diamondbacks and copperheads. One person managed to find a cottenmouth.

Between snake chaps (I didn't wear them, but a lot of my coworkers did, and I recommend them), a shovel and a calm attitude, I was much more of a threat than they were.

Old 01-15-2022, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Where I worked in Texas, we had many encounters with diamondbacks and copperheads. One person managed to find a cottenmouth.

Between snake chaps (I didn't wear them, but a lot of my coworkers did, and I recommend them), a shovel and a calm attitude, I was much more of a threat than they were.
That is very good snake experience you have had. It would give you confidence in case of run ins. Snakes are kind of how ice is with me. If there are icy places to slip on I will most assuredly find them. I know we have rattlers in eastern Oregon where I am now, but I haven't seen any yet. Don't really want to, lol. My Westie would want to rub noses with it. Snakes are probably like mountain lions. They know you are there long before you see one.

Old 01-16-2022, 06:30 AM

2,719 posts, read 2,220,898 times
I wonder how many of these posters actually live in Arkansas.

Old 01-16-2022, 09:38 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,198,142 times
Quote:
The only reason that hospital staff are being worked to death is that the hospital forces vaccine mandates on their employees, or the employees will lose their jobs. So the workers, knowing what the vaccines do to people, quit. So being short handed is the hospital's own damn fault. All for something with an over 99% survival rate, smh.
It isn’t only mandates.
I see different hospitals firing a lot of employees - including doctors band nurses - for financial reasons all through the pandemic.
The hospitals and healthcare companies claim they don’t make enough profits

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...455H5922523B9Z

Old 01-16-2022, 10:22 AM

8,937 posts, read 4,660,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I wonder how many of these posters actually live in Arkansas.
Of the ones who came here to bad mouth AR, or promote the vaccine:

There is overwhelming evidence, these four don't live here:
roadwarrior101
DutchessCottonPuff
bpollen
Wanderlove

Meanwhile:
MrDee12345 hides his location but appears to be east coast

goolsbyjazz seems to be a nomad

as for DeanGuitarist it is hard to say, but he is actually on our side

As for any others, let me know which ones you want to know about.

Old 01-16-2022, 10:29 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,361,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Of the ones who came here to bad mouth AR, or promote the vaccine:

There is overwhelming evidence, these four don't live here:
roadwarrior101
DutchessCottonPuff
bpollen
Wanderlove

Meanwhile:
MrDee12345 hides his location but appears to be east coast

goolsbyjazz seems to be a nomad

as for DeanGuitarist it is hard to say, but he is actually on our side

As for any others, let me know which ones you want to know about.
You must live in a state to post in that state's forum. It's in the TOS. /s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas