Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 01:57 AM

13 posts, read 20,494 times

Advertisements

I'm possibly getting a job in the town of Hot Springs within the next month. I'm looking for something within bicycling distance of the National Park where my work place will be close to.

In that area, where would be the best place look for an apartment? I'm concerned about crime both near where I'd live and on my way to work. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 05:27 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,359,269 times
Rather than starting my own new thread, I will recycle this one since it already has the perfect title.

There is a possibility that I may find myself living in Hot Springs (actually just west of Hot Springs) in the next month. I am hoping to find a nice (but not terribly expensive) apartment or rent house for my family (wife and two young daughters). Any of you Hot Springs posters see any apartment complexes or rent houses that look decent?

I may even need an extended stay hotel for a while if anyone knows of any local places like that. Trying to google search for apartments outside of big cities is a challenge.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:06 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,380,382 times
lem & Dr. - I contacted a friend who has rental houses and a condo but her houses aren't available right now. The condo is newly vacant but not ready to rent. It is about $600 per month and is near the race track and too far to bike to the NPS office. Also she said it isn't "kid friendly" because her other renters are "older" (to be nice). I suspect it is going to be difficult to find rentals right now 'cause the horse races start this weekend (I think) and lots of the rental property is held open for that, then they jack up the prices for the race season. She isn't aware of any extended stay hotel/motel.

I'm sorry I was no help but I'll see what else I can find out and if I find anything I'll be back.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:43 PM

I hope the Moderator lets this go through. I have no personal interest, just trying to help. I looked in the H.S. phone book but found no "rental agencies" that could be a contact point. I did find one place which advertised "extended stay rates available", whatever that means. It is; Candlewood Suites, 3404 Central Avenue, 1-501-624-4000. That's going to be pretty far west in H.S. and I know nothing about it.

I should alert y'all about one thing; many of the mid to low price motels and apartments are going to be occupied with "day workers". If it's possible I think both of you will end up having to make a trip to look over things.

lem, I would think the people at NPS would be able to give you some leads and ideas.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:18 PM

I went to see a few places today.

I looked at one over by the mall on the south side just about a half mile from the lake. It was a little under 600 for a two bedroom and I thought it was quite nice. I looked at another in the Rockwell area that looked very similar to the first and had the same price, but seemed a little older and not as appealing as the first.

I should know if my move is going to happen in the next few days. I love the Fort Smith area, but I am ready for a change of scenery.

BTW, I have no idea where the "good" or "bad" areas are, but any input would be great.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:01 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,113,639 times
I live Downtown near the art galleries. It's not supposed to be the best area but I've never had a problem. There are some nice houses and apartments along Malvern which is near National Park. I've lived here for three months and I really love it. Near the race track is very nice.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:30 PM

Watch out Hot Springs, here I come. I am planning on making the move this weekend and starting work on Monday.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
Watch out Hot Springs, here I come. I am planning on making the move this weekend and starting work on Monday.
WOW!!! Wonderful!!!!!

Old 01-21-2010, 08:00 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,402,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post

Fantastic!!! Congrats!!!

Old 02-12-2010, 11:37 AM

13 posts, read 20,494 times
I'll be moving there in a couple of weeks I think. Still interested in living close to downtown if possible. I've seen places on Spring Street and um ... it wasn't the nicest area. The other side of bath house row seemed nicer. But I'd like to hear from someone on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas