Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2009, 05:04 PM

127 posts, read 312,044 times

Advertisements

That's the beauty of America, every state is different in it's own way, and if we don't like a state we are free to move to another state whenever we feel like it, without asking permission. Okay so Arkansas is not for you, it's not for me either, but obviously some people like it or they wouldn't be living there!
I think that if you let go of your anger for Arkansas and get on with your life somewhere else it would be good for you!

Old 12-15-2009, 05:20 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,311,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpenny View Post
You have never been to Michigan, Wisconson, Min. in winter, frozen hell, and you would look at Arkansas as paradise compared.
This depends on the person cause to me the intense solar radiation and extended periods of high heat and dew points in Ar are unbearable.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:30 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,531,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
These cases are hard to win unless you have a smoking gun. If someone can cooberate -- "I don't care what the law says, if one of my employees was a ***, I would fire him on the spot". Ihat is a pretty hot smoking gun. The best way to find out if you have a case is to talk to a lawyer who specializes in this type of case.
I think some of you continue to miss a key point here. Sexual orientation is not a protected status under the Equal Employment Opportunity Act, so the EEOC is not an avenue to pursue. Unless employment discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is prohibited under state or local law, or under an employer's policy, then there is nothing the OP can do. Arkansas is an employer-at-will state. Unless one of the aforementioned applies, it was legal to fire him for being gay. I suspect there were no such protections in place for the OP, so he's screwed.

Check out the Cracker Barrell case. Things only changed there when shareholders forced the company to change its policy.

Now, can we imagine what would happen if someone proposed making employment discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation illegal under Arkansas law?

Old 12-15-2009, 11:06 PM

564 posts, read 2,341,127 times
Why is this 10 pages?

Who gives a crap where you moved to or why you left? Are you that important that everyone has to know about why YOU personally left Arkansas?

You're gone, you had your reasons, keep it that way. It's not like someone's going to read your first post and decide to haul ass out of the state just because you throw your personal views out there.

Let it go.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:16 PM

731 posts, read 1,367,341 times
I have an intense rage aimed exclusively at Manitoba. Why? I don't know. I've never been there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertheironsea View Post
Why is this 10 pages?

Who gives a crap where you moved to or why you left? Are you that important that everyone has to know about why YOU personally left Arkansas?

You're gone, you had your reasons, keep it that way. It's not like someone's going to read your first post and decide to haul ass out of the state just because you throw your personal views out there.

Let it go.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:12 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,152,737 times
bchris02 wrote : "Extreme homophobia is a way of life"

You say that like it's a bad thing

Old 12-16-2009, 06:13 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,056,574 times
Yea, right... Arkansas, the Natural State... a true hell on Earth. Whatever.

If this beautiful state, filled with wonderful natural beauty and people is hell, then by gum what is Uganda?

Mshale: Ugandan Anti-Gay Bill Prompts Protests and Warnings
Quote:
A Ugandan bill that proposes the death penalty for homosexuals has sparked international condemnation. ...
Taboos Silence Opponents Of Uganda Anti-Gay Bill : NPR
Quote:
... Homosexuality has been illegal there for more than 100 years. Now lawmakers are considering legislation that would go further. The Anti-Homosexuality Bill of 2009 would jail consenting adults who engage in gay sex. It would give life sentences to people in same-sex marriages. ...
Note: the above is in no way, none at all to make light of the situation in any place in the world where such BS is occurring - this is seriously despicable, treating people of different orientations in this manner. IMHO, this crap that is going on in Uganda is not much different than other persecutions that have occurred in other parts of the world in human's history... it is wrong. What the above is meant however to do is to put things into perspective - there are much more worse places, and not every place is perfect / best for everyone. And honestly, finally, I give a lot of credit to the fine neighbors to the south for being as polite as mostly seen in these replies to this complaint as seen in the OP.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:25 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,313,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
bchris02 wrote : "Extreme homophobia is a way of life"

You say that like it's a bad thing
Hatred is a terrible thing. It's a terrible thing for both the hated and the hater.

I suspect, btw, that most of those who rail against gays are, in fact, closeted gays themselves. It's called projecting.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:21 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,057,085 times
To the OP:
I am sorry that you hated Arkansas so much, but I can tell you that having just moved here back in April, we love it!!! I think that you have to find your niche and not every place has that for every person. I lived in several states and can tell you that some have been more pleasant experiences than others, but you just have to move on and move forward and put the past behind you. Good luck in Charlotte! I love it there!

Old 12-16-2009, 08:25 AM

684 posts, read 1,121,868 times
I'd back that Ugandan bill if such a thing was proposed here.

You have to accept that globally, outside of a few pockets of extreme liberalism, [London, NY, Cali etc], homosexual behaviour is seen as a sickness. A disease, a crime against nature and God.

The extreme liberals just need to accept that we, the vast majority on God's Earth, will not and never will accept such nastiness as ok or normal. The Jamaicans have the correct approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas