Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 09:41 AM

697 posts, read 1,775,056 times

Advertisements

I heard Bryant was a nice little town. A few questions about your recent experience.

1. Were you in the left lane? If you were left lane camping it doesn't matter if you were going the speed limit or not- the left lane is for passing only- a concept a lot of people have trouble with. That might explain the passer-by's frustrated honking. Or perhaps they thought they knew you and were being friendly.

2. A Papa John's manager is not a representation of an entire town. It might cause me to reconsider ordering from Papa John's in the future though.

3. Wal-Mart's low-level employees are notorious for that kind of behavior. There are so many of them with so little direct supervision that they have no incentive to care about their work. They're also generally lowly paid and Wal-Mart isn't terribly picky about who they hire on the part-time store level. You get what you pay for with that. I sympathize, but I've had similar things happen to me at dozens of Wal-Marts. I attribute it more to faults in store staff structure and hiring processes than an individual town.

4/5- People who text while driving or don't use their blinkers deserve to be tarred and feathered and sent to another state, no argument here. You know the one. Where the drivers are really bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 02:25 PM

529 posts, read 1,650,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
She actually lives in Bella Vista, a pretty nice area, nothing like Bryant.
nmnita, is there something you're not telling us?

Old 05-19-2010, 04:43 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,856,992 times
Folks in Dallas don't signal. It's pretty much a free for all. Folks in LA are much more courteous drivers. Don't try walking in front of a car at a grocery store, they'll swerve at you in Dallas. I lived in San Diego after living in Dallas for a while, the drivers in Cali get mad when pedestrians don't cross the road. Different ettiquette.

East Texas people are more country & polite I guess. Much like Texas Dave.

His girlfriend must be a Yankee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

your girlfriend came down or up: I thought you were from Texas and last time I checked Texas was south of here or does she live somewhere else? As for blinkers, how anyone from Texas could talk about the lack of using turn signals is almost comical. For those of us, who lived in Texas and were from other states we were convinced the kids in Texas were taught in drivers Ed, turn signals were only for people from other states. I never saw so few people using them as we saw in Texas.

Glad to see you back, I thought maybe you had finally moved back to east Texas...

Nita

Old 05-20-2010, 07:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelw View Post
nmnita, is there something you're not telling us?
DArn, you caught me..

Old 05-20-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Folks in Dallas don't signal. It's pretty much a free for all. Folks in LA are much more courteous drivers. Don't try walking in front of a car at a grocery store, they'll swerve at you in Dallas. I lived in San Diego after living in Dallas for a while, the drivers in Cali get mad when pedestrians don't cross the road. Different ettiquette.

East Texas people are more country & polite I guess. Much like Texas Dave.

His girlfriend must be a Yankee.
Know what you mean about Ca versus Texas. When I first went to college at the University of Colo I remember stepping off the curb to cross the street and almost finished my schooling and life right then, I was used to Ca where the pedestrian always has the right away, well almost...My expereince throughout Texas, they do not drive the way most of us do,,yes, I think east Texas is a little more polite, but we have seen drivers pretty wild there as well, especially in Tyler.

Nita

Old 05-20-2010, 12:14 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,314,052 times
Txdave is my all-time favorite C-D poster.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strumpeace View Post
Txdave is my all-time favorite C-D poster.
without him things can get a little boring!!!

Nita

Old 05-20-2010, 04:08 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,689,070 times
I haven't been to California yet but I held up the light rail in Portland for a while because I was waiting for the guy to go and he wouldn't go until I crossed. I thought the thing would take off whether I was in front of it or not.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:11 PM

111 posts, read 391,021 times
Surely someone is not griping about getting honked at for camping in th LH lane and acting like that is unique to Bryant or Arkansas.

Don't lead off with something stupid if you want to be taken seriously.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:10 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,379,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthog61 View Post
Surely someone is not griping about getting honked at for camping in th LH lane and acting like that is unique to Bryant or Arkansas.

Don't lead off with something stupid if you want to be taken seriously.
It appears you have not been reading txdave for the past year or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
View detailed profiles of: