Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 11:56 PM

321 posts, read 533,719 times

Advertisements

FYI - the diswasher was a Mexican while that kid who was sent to jail was a black kid. Dun know why you had assume they were Malaysians.
And those people from Chinatown may not be idiots , as they were drinking cognac, driving sports cars, living it high in mansions, tucking in concealed weapons under official licence.

If you choose to believe and assume the 2 Malaysians who told you that no Jews died in 911 , then you should believe the other Malaysian -Mahathir who told the whole world that 911 did not happen at all. Funny, millions of Malaysians dont believe what he said as it is illogical silly to believe a politican who said - "Read my Lips" and talk in tongues. WMD or Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq? It came from a politician who make that BULLish remark that cost thousands of American lives.

Such idiotic assumptions would be taken in by Idiot who listen to whatever stories without checking the facts or factors like asking for the right questions.

First immigrants cause all the trouble in Malaysia and now all NewcYorkers own guns. Obtuse much ( your official statement ).

I checked and double checked , I didnt make those statement. Even the links I put up there , DID NOT write or blame all the problems to illegal immigrants. As for NY, NY, I was there and I observed New Yorker city folks dont dressed up with guns like in the wild wild west cowboys. All I noticed is that many wear ties - but not all.whenever I go to Wall Street, Manhattan . So, may I ask why are you cooking up these pink slime for me?

I am responsible to post what I meant which is meaningful but I am not responsible for those minibrains who choose not to understand it or ignore it.

Of course, I dont know New York, New York for I spent most of the time in the "City that luv you back - Philly" for six years. But I dont have to take the word from a New Yorker who might be from Buffalo, New York. This was demonstrated in Jay Leno show where and when asked who was Dick Cheney with a picture of him to American graduates on the street of LA - The answers given -Movie Star? Governor of LA? Police Commisioner?

Last edited by zinglicious; 03-17-2012 at 12:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 01:00 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
I think minibrings is responding to the allegation that all Americans carry guns, and we're incapable of moving to Malaysia or elsewhere because of our stockpiles.

As an American, I've never owned a gun either, never even thought about it. So it's a bit strange to me too, when I encounter a person who thinks that I'm packing heat based on my nationality.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:21 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,014,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I think minibrings is responding to the allegation that all Americans carry guns, and we're incapable of moving to Malaysia or elsewhere because of our stockpiles.

As an American, I've never owned a gun either, never even thought about it. So it's a bit strange to me too, when I encounter a person who thinks that I'm packing heat based on my nationality.
Exactly. I'm also responding to someone making blanket statements about entire groups of people (e.g., alll crime in Malaysia is done by immigrants). Hitler used that type of idiotic comments to start his pogroms against Jews, Roma's and anyone else he could blame.

Thanks tiger for trying to clarify. I'll see you at that retirement village in Ecuador. I'll bring donuts.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:22 AM

It was Mother of all Horrors - my Boss who just got transferred to Malaysia pack his BB gun in his cargo - 'luckily it was not in his luggage".
Not all Americans carry gun unlike in the days of wild wild west. City Folks are more likely to pack iphone as a weapon at New York City nowadays. But guns are easily available and they are being abused. And it is so easy to get a gun where you can get it after a week with clearance from authorities.
My intention was partly in jest and partly as a friendly reminder like that ex boss of mine when he didnt much about BB gun. But he would be in hot soup with the American authorities if he were to carry it in his flight luggage and stopped at KL airport.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Exactly. I'm also responding to someone making blanket statements about entire groups of people (e.g., alll crime in Malaysia is done by immigrants). Hitler used that type of idiotic comments to start his pogroms against Jews, Roma's and anyone else he could blame.

Thanks tiger for trying to clarify. I'll see you at that retirement village in Ecuador. I'll bring donuts.
For the last time, check and recheck your facts before making the blanket and pillow issue. In which part of all my posting in the forum did I indicate that statement? Two experiences I am not brought up to be a racist - my living experience in Philadelphia and the multi racial friends of Malaysia where the Indians, Malay and Chinese are my classmates, colleagues, bosses and relatives. It is really unfortunate that only the politicians here tried to be racist and adopt the Divide and rule policy to gain partisan support from the voters.

If you are offended with your silly mistake or misunderstand what I said or what the link statement in which it never state or quote the immigrants ( another correction within - ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS) are responsible for all crimes committed in Malaysia.

Just thinking aloud, a mere mean chef like me is being compared with the world infamous figure like Hitler. Now I am clueless......but still remain not ignorant as I am going to ignore you for not being man enough to take one to one statement. Meanwhile have some Chimpanzee bananarama with dessert

Last edited by zinglicious; 03-17-2012 at 09:41 AM..

Old 03-17-2012, 09:40 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,014,506 times
start with post number 5
its all vitriolic from there
ending with blanket statement re nyorkers with guns
youre a peach princess

Old 03-27-2012, 03:21 AM

Malaysia has been listed as one of the 18 best places for Americans to retire overseas, based on the criteria of affordability and quality of life, for senior citizens.http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/On-Retirement/2012/03/19/the-18-best-places-to-retire-overseas

The list of 18 countries was compiled by Kathleen Peddicord, the founder of the Live and Invest Overseas publishing group.

According to Peddicord, Malaysia is the "easiest country to navigate in this part of the world of Southeast Asia" after Thailand and also described Kuala Lumpur as a city of contrasts.

The shining stainless steel Petronas Towers, two of the tallest skyscrapers in the world, anchor a startlingly beautiful skyline that is truly unique to the city, and the references to modern, air-conditioned malls that sell everything from beautifully handcrafted batik clothing to genuine Rolex watches and Tiffany jewellery.

Peddicord said Malaysia could do well to highlight its "Malaysia My Second Home" programme which is specifically addressed to senior citizens abroad.
As the cost of living in their own country explode, more and more North Americans are looking at retiring abroad where, to borrow a local saying, "the buck can be stretched further. Even though Kuala Lumpur is more expensive than rural Malaysia, it is still inexpensive by Western standards.
"You can realistically expect to cut your living expenses by a third and still enjoy a lifestyle comparable to what you are accustomed to now," she said.

"In the shadows of these ultra-modern buildings, the ancient Malay village of Kampung Baru still thrives, with free-roaming roosters and a slow pace of life generally found in rural villages, where ess than a 20-minute walk from the city centre, you can find yourself conversing with monkeys in the city-jungle surrounding one of the highest telecommunications towers in the world. A walk of less than 30 minutes leads you to Chinatown and Little India, where merchants offer their wares, foods and culture in a happy neighbourhood that showcases the amazing diversity of the city. But Kuala Lumpur's charm is also fleshed out in semi-anecdotal references."

"Unlike some places in Asia, foreigners are genuinely welcomed in Kuala Lumpur. Language isn't a problem, as almost everyone speaks adequate English".

Old 11-18-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglicious View Post
Effective 1 April 2009, new applicants who have purchased and owned residential
property which were bought at MYR1 million & above in Malaysia are eligible to apply for exemption from placing the full FD amount required of MM2H participants. They only have to comply with the basic financial requirement of FD of MYR100K or MYR150K for 50 & above and below 50 respectively. This amount may not be withdrawn until the participants decide to terminate their participation in the MM2H programme.(All applicants must meet the cash in bank and monthly income requirements as mentioned above )

@ 1USD -= 3MYR

This program is to induce qualified persons who are seeking Malaysia as a second home residence.and differ from US iImmigrant Visa under Business where you need to invest USD500K and employ local residents as employees.As long as you can sustain the lifestyle and afford a luxurious home costing USD350K, this policy enable you to live in Malaysia without renewing your visa for 10 years.
So, basically a foreigner would need to have USD350K to afford this program? So, it's essentially higher end?

(I'm originally from a part of the U.S. where most homes are around USD150K - Midwest).

Or, did I read that wrong, and you just need USD350K home to get that visa...but really any foreigner can buy a much less expensive home just the same, and not get that special visa?

Old 11-23-2013, 10:23 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,681,436 times
I've looked the requirements for the second home program, but I'm still not clear as to the requirements. For example, let's say I have a gross government pension in excess of 10000 rm per month, but from that pension I pay US taxes, health insurance, state taxes, etc., all of which reduce my net monthly pension income to slightly less than 10000rm. What then?

And what about dividends from my stock portfolio? Will those be counted?

Old 11-26-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post
I've looked the requirements for the second home program, but I'm still not clear as to the requirements.
I'm a bit confused as well. Is it mostly to that visa, that investors need to invest 1,000,000 ringits? In my opinion, if that is the minimum, than they are targeting higher income second home owners.

Which basically would take Malaysia out of consideration for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia