Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 09:09 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,015,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglicious View Post
Porblems mainly in Sabah because of the promixity - most came from southern Philipines where it is known to be Muslim terrorists and pirates enclaves. Unfortuantely, politicians close one eye because they wnana to tip the balance of local Christians majority there. yes, the locals here are Christians rather than Muslims.

Those Flipinas or Filipinos that in other countries are not illegals as they are selected, trained, and have work permit visa. Here They just swim across! BTW, I have Filipina working for me in KL and give them a score A over others in the region except one which was fired because she party too much.

BTW, I was from Ipoh where it is known to be the best place for foodies in Malaysia.

I have no idea what you are trying say anymore about any immigrant group in Malayia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
As to this general thread...MALAYSIA is definitely a country I'd consider living in long-term.

I have lived in South America for almost a year, and occasionally entertain the idea of returning to Brazil. However, as you get older, the last thing you want to deal with is potential random violence to always watch out for.

Throughout Asia, I definitely like Hong Kong and Singapore, but way too expensive.

Malaysia is a nice cheaper option that has a lot of great restaurants, interesting mix of people, and English widely-used. It would probably be at the top of realistic places I could afford and would enjoy living in.

Outside of Malaysia, I do like the islands of the Philippines quite a bit. But, you get a bit more isolated from things as well. I like that Malaysia is so well-connected to the world in many ways.

Also interesting to see that with a high Indian population, high Chinese population and a high Muslim population...and a historical British/European past...they have this amazing mix of all the most important societies of the world - india, china, muslim, western.
Malaysia is interesting, but I think BKK is even better connected and the media is less repressive, less bumiputras über alles. I'd like to spend more time in the Philippines and see more of it. At least they have a relatively free press. Isolation, I'm used to it from living in Adelaide.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:06 PM

321 posts, read 533,805 times
Aha, mainstream media is outdated mode of information in the present age of democracy. Newspapers are bought for toilet use or for discount coupons. From USA Obama victory to the rise of Malaysian Opposition parties or Arab uprisings, it is the power of internet via public forums, facebooks and text messaging.
Nevertheless, mainstream media is generally controlled by govt vested influences where there is no check or balance in the prints. In fact, the worst Asian press freedom is not in Malaysia, Thailand or Phillipines but in Singapore!

Old 03-09-2012, 12:01 PM

Very few countries Could offer 550 acres gated and guarded enclaves in the capital city within - www.desaparkcity.com where it offers safety and amenities to Expatriates. And just 5 minutes away about another 500 acres gated and guarded country homes behind the hilly backgrounds. About 35% residents are foreigners from Europe and North America.

Last edited by zinglicious; 03-09-2012 at 12:13 PM..

Old 03-10-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Aha, mainstream media is outdated mode of information in the present age of democracy. Newspapers are bought for toilet use or for discount coupons. From USA Obama victory to the rise of Malaysian Opposition parties or Arab uprisings, it is the power of internet via public forums, facebooks and text messaging.
Nevertheless, mainstream media is generally controlled by govt vested influences where there is no check or balance in the prints. In fact, the worst Asian press freedom is not in Malaysia, Thailand or Phillipines but in Singapore!
The 4 times I was there, I was surprised at how pro-government, pro-bumiputra the press was. I expected that in Singapore (of course), but surprised it was the same. Its also nice that when you land in KL they tell you "welcome" and "by the way if we find you with drugs you can be killed and have a nice day".

Does anyone know if that Saudi guy who said something negative about Islam has been executed?.. the one Malaysia returned to Saudi? If he is, for me, that would be one more reason not to live ini such a country.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Very few countries Could offer 550 acres gated and guarded enclaves in the capital city within - www.desaparkcity.com where it offers safety and amenities to Expatriates. And just 5 minutes away about another 500 acres gated and guarded country homes behind the hilly backgrounds. About 35% residents are foreigners from Europe and North America.
I've seen similar luxury developments in BKK, MNL? Dunno if this can only be found in Malaysia, sorry. I remember reading somewhere were Versace, Missoni and Bulgari are branding interiors of a new luxury developments all over MNL. Heck I'm intrigued, I sent back for more info. Impressive design on the articulating canopy with Misoni interiors. "Only in Manila?" I'm being ironic with the last comment.
http://www.acqua-livingstone.com/

Last edited by minibrings; 03-10-2012 at 07:00 AM..

Old 03-10-2012, 09:57 AM

Too bad Malaysia was the lackey in the case of the journalist due to some officals who dont have balls to say No to the Saudi Oil. I am too too sure whether I said that before - Lots of country play balls with Saudi including Filipina and Indonesia maids that were molested and abused under the employment there. However, the employers were not prosecuted by Saudi authorities and these countires still kowtow to them by sending maids at thier mercy. Religious intolerances in these Middle East countries to Pakistan or Afghanistan execute infidels. If they wont , some extremists members of the public would. A case in note - Rushdie a writer/journalist who had to fled and hide under British protection all these years since the 90's because a death warrant was signed for his head.

As far as for drugs abuse, Singapore and China would hang you for bring drugs to the country.

There are luxury developements all over Asia but what I was pointing and asking is there any developements which actually have this sizable 550 acres exclusive gated and guarded homes in the capital city itself like Desa Park City?

There are equally branded luxury homes in those skylines condos at Ampang or Central KL or the suburban like PJ or Sg Buloh with impressive designs where those units starts at RM3 million or USD1mil per piece.

And surprising though, I would personally dispute with the findings - Malaysia was voted as the safest place ahead of Singapore - http://tremeritus.com/2012/03/10/malaysia-beats-singapore-being-the-safest-country-in-se-asia/ (broken link)

Old 03-10-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Too bad Malaysia was the lackey in the case of the journalist due to some officals who dont have balls to say No to the Saudi Oil. I am too too sure whether I said that before - Lots of country play balls with Saudi including Filipina and Indonesia maids that were molested and abused under the employment there. However, the employers were not prosecuted by Saudi authorities and these countires still kowtow to them by sending maids at thier mercy. Religious intolerances in these Middle East countries to Pakistan or Afghanistan execute infidels. If they wont , some extremists members of the public would. A case in note - Rushdie a writer/journalist who had to fled and hide under British protection all these years since the 90's because a death warrant was signed for his head.

As far as for drugs abuse, Singapore and China would hang you for bring drugs to the country.

Stop blame the official. They all report to the head of state, the PM. So blame the government, they did not punish the official. This encourages future behavior.

Also, I wouldn't retire in Sing or China either and we're discussing Malaysia here. There are plenty retirement haven forums where one will not be hanged or customs will hve more balls to protect someone seeking refuge from repression.

I'm sure if an Indo, Filipino or Burmese (or one of those countries tht you claim are the source of all of Malaysia's crime) who fled to KL for refuge for a similar lame mistake, I'm sure the customs folks at KLIA would not hve thought twice about sending them home for capital punishment. That incident did not generate warm and fuzzy karma for Malaysia to the world. If Malaysia is truly interested in promoting its second home programme, its reputation and perseption overseas (target market) should be taken into consideration. Folks may just chose BKK instead
http://www.mansionsinthepark.co.th/service.html

Old 03-10-2012, 10:04 PM

327 posts, read 644,356 times
I'd like to get a better grasp on what I SHOULD be paying for an apartment in KL but I just can't shake the feeling that all of the websites price their listings for Westerners and I don't want to get ripped off.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:10 PM

I dont know what your problem is. I am not responsible whether you understand it or not. You have every right to refuse to retire in Malaysia based on some stupifd official act is understandable. Nevertheless, the current Prime Minister was not elected per se. He was given the posittion by the resignation of the last PM. Let's see how he would be doing in the coming election.

Similar because of Ex President George Bush who declared war on Iraq killing innocents citizen in the process without finding the weapons of mass destruction, I am not going to give up my "1st or 2nd Homecoming USA.

What is not being understood here is to accuse me of saying the source of the crimes are done by illegal immigrants who were "welcome" by officials to tip the balance of local population which are not Muslims though I am just providing the links of what really happen here. In fact, that's what pissed the minorities especially the Chinese where many professionals uprooted thier families and migrated mainly to Australia where we could find not just mini Chinatown but Malaysia town because of the policies. More than 80% of my school which was a Christian missionary public school classmates are there!

BTW, your mansion link at Bangkok comsist of just 2 acres enclave Mansions in the Park . My question was how many luxurious homes are of big enclaves as 500 acres in the capital city. www.desaparkcity.com. In fact. in this enclave alone, I dont think it is less tastefully done comapred with the Bangkok Desa ParkCity - The Best Place to Live in Kuala Lumpur. Otherwise there are countless of 2 acres high end projects lke these in the city. This one is at 4 acres - Dua Residency or http://www.glomac.com.my/property/project_brief.asp?page_id=184&stat=brief&category= residential (broken link) or Living@KLCC where Troika penthhouse is at Rm20 million -to name a few.

2 acres in Bangkok city offering 18 apartments in a single 18 eleven storey building , 9 tastefully designed townhouse vs 500 acres of lands consist of current 3 blocks of 40 storey of condo, at least 9OO tastefully designed townhouse in a sinle independent luxurious enclave makes a world of difference in comparison.

Last edited by zinglicious; 03-10-2012 at 11:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia