Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 07:02 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,997,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
They try so hard to look like a Caucasian ( especially the Japanese and Koreans ) they dye their hair in blond and wear coloured contact lenses that makes the eye balls look bigger . The contact lenses that they use are not just ordinary coloured contact lenses but contact lenses that are made specifically to make the eyes look huge ( really huge that they look scary ).
if they want to look like caucasian girls...they should put on 60 pounds
and tan their skin to a weird orange color

Old 04-01-2013, 02:22 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
my relatives who are light skin do not bleach

I think you westerners may be ignorant of this....but a typical family in SEAsia can be very diverse in skin tone....I have relatives who are pale skin....I also have an uncle who is dark as hell because he is outdoors fishing 24/7
Watch who you're calling ignorant. My siblings and I were born with a range of natural skin tones, not a result of tanning and bleaching.

Speaking of bleaching, I never claimed that all light-skinned Asians got that way from bleaching. But it's alarmingly prevalent.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:12 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
Watch who you're calling ignorant. My siblings and I were born with a range of natural skin tones, not a result of tanning and bleaching.

Speaking of bleaching, I never claimed that all light-skinned Asians got that way from bleaching. But it's alarmingly prevalent.
It is. Go to any Asian country and you'll see ads for skin whitening products on TV.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:07 AM

2 posts, read 3,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartoonemon View Post
Many already said. As an Asian, I confirm that light skin saying you are from a rich family, need not going out to face sunlight like people from lower classes. In southeast Asia, lighter skin also means that you are part-Chinese who normally owns businesses, wealthy, and be able to send their kids to the best schools.

Its true but its not always true, im Indonesian. Becoming like Chinese family is not a relevant reason. Social class matter is more relevant.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:47 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,872,601 times
Quote:
They try so hard to look like a Caucasian ( especially the Japanese and Koreans ) they dye their hair in blond and wear coloured contact lenses that makes the eye balls look bigger . The contact lenses that they use are not just ordinary coloured contact lenses but contact lenses that are made specifically to make the eyes look huge ( really huge that they look scary ).
Sounds like you have been jilted by or lost a lover to an Asian.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:28 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,089,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Sounds like you have been jilted by or lost a lover to an Asian.
Nope I was just describing them... Their obssesion on trying to look like caucasians ... But they overdo it, so instead of looking good, they look ridiculous and scary. They should just accept that they are Koreans / Japanese and that they were born with very small eyes instead of wanting to look white.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Nope I was just describing them... Their obssesion on trying to look like caucasians ... But they overdo it, so instead of looking good, they look ridiculous and scary. They should just accept that they are Koreans / Japanese and that they were born with very small eyes instead of wanting to look white.
Some Japanese have fairly big eyes. Surgery is not so prevalent there, but they do have a fascination with cuteness.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:01 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,948,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I've heard the explanations, that being tanned was associated with being poor. So is Asia just where Europe was like 80 years ago? Pale skin has always been valued in Europe until recently, but since it's so common it wasn't seen as THAT exception. However, it seems in Asia VERY WHITE skin is really valued even today, with few exceptions. This trend seems the most prominent in East Asian nations. I know many of these women aren't naturally anywhere near as pale: in Vietnam the men often were several shades darker than the women BUT in rural areas the women were often the same shade. Japanese women seem the palest, although many of the men look quite brown, and some women who follow American pop culture also dig the tanned look.

I always see advertisements for skin bleaching.etc in Asia. Do you think Asia will follow the Western penchant for tanned skin? I mean most Asians are still darker than Europeans anyway, so it's not like having a tan is that special. I think some Asian women are too ghostly white, and are obsessive about keeping that porcelain hue by staying out of the sun etc.
Tanned skin is not attractive it is unhealthful. Skin cancer is on the rise yet some people think getting a tan is something to be proud of. Really, laying out in the sun or jumping into a tanning booth is something to aspire to? Tanned skins looks old much sooner than those who maintain some kind of shielding from it.

Tanning is the same as slow cooking. If you don't agree, explain the difference and please, not vitamin D comments, that is pure rubbish. Through normal exposure you get what you need in addition from the foods you eat.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Tanned skin is not attractive it is unhealthful. Skin cancer is on the rise yet some people think getting a tan is something to be proud of. Really, laying out in the sun or jumping into a tanning booth is something to aspire to? Tanned skins looks old much sooner than those who maintain some kind of shielding from it.

Tanning is the same as slow cooking. If you don't agree, explain the difference and please, not vitamin D comments, that is pure rubbish. Through normal exposure you get what you need in addition from the foods you eat.
Many Asians tan naturally through normal everyday exposure to the sun but take great pains to 'cover up' and avoid sunlight.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:01 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post

Skin bleaching is at least as dangerous and unhealthy as excessive tanning. At least tanning can be done in moderation, whereas any amount of bleaching is harmful to your skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia