Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2012, 10:39 AM

331 posts, read 735,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
what are you saying? that guys dont have any preference, or that they prefer everyone except asians? if the latter then i think you're dead wrong.
I'm saying that there are women with a certain look you don't get in Asia (and I know there are exceptions):

Natural Blondes
Green/blue eyes
Big boobs, big butt
tall
long legs
black skin
white skin
etc...

There are a LOT of men who are not interested in east-Asians at all. I know a few. I also know some guys who love them. I don't know why you think that there can't be men who are not attracted to east-Asian women...it happens, everybody has their preferences. E.g. I don't think there's many women in Asia who represent Tiger Wood's (white women) or Robert DeNiro's tastes (black women).

In the US I've only ever lived in LA, and a lot of guys like them here, but I think that is because they represent a large proportion of the population. Guys will always find something to their tastes in a big city.

Another thing, a lot of the east-Asian women that many white guys like e.g Lucy Liu are not considered attractive by east-Asian people. My Chinese female friends think she is very average.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:46 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This is not a new phenomenom. I think that these men place these non-white women into a separate category as if to say they aren't like the "others".

Many slave owners had Black "mistresses" (for lack of a better word) and had children with Black women yet were still racist enough to not see Black people as "human".

Another example, the Arizona white supremacist border guard JT Ready that recently commited a murder-suicide against his Hispanic girlfriend and her Hispanic children.

I happens all the time.
Yeah, I know that it's happened since time immemorial... it just makes not a lick of sense to me. But then, I don't harbor any racial prejudices, which I guess precludes it making any sense.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:47 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
I'm saying that there are women with a certain look you don't get in Asia (and I know there are exceptions):

Natural Blondes
Green/blue eyes
Big boobs, big butt
tall
long legs
black skin
white skin
etc...

There are a LOT of men who are not interested in east-Asians at all. I know a few. I also know some guys who love them. I don't know why you think that there can't be men who are not attracted to east-Asian women...it happens, everybody has their preferences. E.g. I don't think there's many women in Asia who represent Tiger Wood's (white women) or Robert DeNiro's tastes (black women).

In the US I've only ever lived in LA, and a lot of guys like them here, but I think that is because they represent a large proportion of the population. Guys will always find something to their tastes in a big city.

Another thing, a lot of the east-Asian women that many white guys like e.g Lucy Liu are not considered attractive by east-Asian people. My Chinese female friends think she is very average.
The people who find Lucy Liu (and her weird wonky, lazy eye) attractive tend to be the ones that have an Asian fetish.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Yeah, I know that it's happened since time immemorial... it just makes not a lick of sense to me. But then, I don't harbor any racial prejudices, which I guess precludes it making any sense.
Men can be strange...they may dislike certain ethnicity or religions, but a woman can change their mind! I've come across Hindu Indian guys who hate Muslim Pakistanis, but love their women! It's a bit of a "forbidden fruit" situation for them...

Old 09-18-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
In California, you'll see a lot more white girls who are into asian guys. CA/WA, etc. has a ton more 2nd 3rd generation asian, than metro DC.

Once Asians have been in the US for a couple generations, they take on many 'American' characteristics. You'll see more tattoos, cool guys, and all the rest....that attract all kinds of American women.

In short, many white girls are attracted to Asian-American men, but not many are attracted to fresh-off-the-boat from Asia men.
Same pertains to Indian guys...white (and east-Asian) American women don't go for FOB Indian guys, but they're fine with me. I was born and raised in UK. I've even had a few say to me,"If you were from India I wouldn't be interested in you, but you're not really 'Indian' so it's cool"

Old 09-18-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The people who find Lucy Liu (and her weird wonky, lazy eye) attractive tend to be the ones that have an Asian fetish.
Lucy Liu has many of the most stereotypically "Asian" facial features that have been kicked around in Western imagery: she's slender, has high cheekbones, small almond-shaped eyes that are canted inwards, and her makeup is usually done to accentuate all of these features and make the bridge of her nose barely visible; that made her the go-to Asian woman for big-budget American films for the better part of a decade.

Although I don't necessarily think that she's unattractive, I have certainly seen (and dated) Asian women whom I find to be more attractive.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Same pertains to Indian guys...white (and east-Asian) American women don't go for FOB Indian guys, but they're fine with me. I was born and raised in UK. I've even had a few say to me,"If you were from India I wouldn't be interested in you, but you're not really 'Indian' so it's cool"
I've heard women say the same thing about guys from Russia; they'll meet some guy who's 6'4, muscular, blue eyes, blonde hair, and then find out his name is Vasily or Pavel and he has an accent, and they're not interested anymore. I think it's rooted in national stereotypes and also a sense of familiarity; a lot of guys who have a thing for Asian women would probably, at the end of the day, prefer to date a woman who's Asian-American or -European for shared cultural sensibilities, than a FOB woman who is mostly culturally foreign.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:34 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,610,493 times
Quote:

Natural Blondes
Green/blue eyes
Big boobs, big butt
tall
long legs
black skin
white skin
etc...

not saying guys don't like other girls, just saying the idea that most guys consider asian girls inferior is complete nonsense. especially in LA. and i am well aware of the differences in preference between asian men and western men.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:15 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,542,767 times
There is a difference in Asian American women vs. Asian women though with western influence growing in Asia, we can see that things are changing already in this day and age. So i'm confused with the posts on here. Do you want Asian women or Asian American women?

Old 09-19-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
not saying guys don't like other girls, just saying the idea that most guys consider asian girls inferior is complete nonsense. especially in LA. and i am well aware of the differences in preference between asian men and western men.
I wasn't referring to LA..I live there and I know how it is there. I meant globally..e.g. a lot of European men are not into east-Asian women.

One criticism I've heard from guys about east-Asian women is that most of the have no boobs or butt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia