Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 10:56 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I guess it just goes to show that the grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side. I think that it is important for us as women to understand this dynamic (and possibly acknowledge that we sometimes do the same).
And the best advice that I can give any woman is to be as true to yourself and to strive for a look that YOU feel comfortable and happy with; changing your appearance to try to be something you aren't, or that you're not happy or comfortable with to attract a mate is no different from trying to change your basic personality. How long can you keep it up before you get sick of it? How long till you start asking whether he's attracted to you, or you're simply a body to fit an ideal?

Old 09-20-2012, 10:37 AM

331 posts, read 735,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I was betrothed to a Pakistani/Northern Indian-American girl for some time, and she was a 36DD - easily the bustiest trim, non-mother South Asian woman I've ever met. She was telling me that her family always made fun of her for being busty because it was thought of as being "goofy" or "stupid" in their culture. Go figure...
Betrothed? Was it an arranged marriage?!! Women with large boobs are not respected in most cultures...this happens in the US too. I used to study with a busty blonde and she always kept them covered up, and people took her seriously. Conversely, there was a busty Israeli lady, and everybody thought she was showing her cleavage to gain attention. My background is Indian BTW

My cousin's wife in Sacramento has massive boobs - she's Indian too and I've never heard anybody remark upon in my extended family. She once considered getting reduction surgery because so many guys would approach her whenever she was out and about.

I'm personally not interested in blondes unless there's something really impressive about them...I like women with a bit of colour in them

Old 09-20-2012, 10:32 PM

445 posts, read 865,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
Betrothed? Was it an arranged marriage?!! Women with large boobs are not respected in most cultures...this happens in the US too. I used to study with a busty blonde and she always kept them covered up, and people took her seriously. Conversely, there was a busty Israeli lady, and everybody thought she was showing her cleavage to gain attention. My background is Indian BTW

My cousin's wife in Sacramento has massive boobs - she's Indian too and I've never heard anybody remark upon in my extended family. She once considered getting reduction surgery because so many guys would approach her whenever she was out and about.

I'm personally not interested in blondes unless there's something really impressive about them...I like women with a bit of colour in them
How much is" a bit"?

Old 09-21-2012, 03:45 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
That's not why I see AT ALL. Mediterranean men, if they don't hook up with their own nationality, like northern European blondes. That's why I've seen the most ... the blonde German, Scandinavian or Brit lady on her balcony in the Mediterranean, married to an Italian or a Greek.

A new dynamic is starting to mirror what is happening in America, though. A lot of Italian guys seem to be disgruntled with a more demanding brand of Italian woman in a country with delayed marriage and plummeting child-bearing, and they are now going to Cuba to wife hunt. The Cuban ladies are either Hispanic or mulatta, but this is NOT the new standard for Italians, by any means.

My attitude is real simple: if you can't get an ethnicity or race you are genuinely attracted to as a mate, then DON'T get married.
It seems a lot of middle aged Italian women especially dye their hair blonde, often like a platinum blonde. It looks tacky as they have very dark tans/dark brown eyes so it looks so obviously fake. Not much different to an Asian woman being blonde.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I think I stated it earlier here - if not, then I've definitely stated it in another thread - that excepting culture entirely, I've just always found a lot of the features that are common on Asian women to be exceptionally attractive to my sensibilities, for whatever reason. Black or very dark brown hair is one of them; so are epicanthal folds. One of my friends who's Chinese-American told me once that she wanted to get epicanthoplasty, and I told her that IMHO, it would ruin one of the most beautiful features about her face.

Without getting all NC-17 or violating the TOS, it took a lot of perseverance and dedication on her end. Once she relaxed about it, it was a lot easier. You definitely come to the realization that nature never necessarily anticipated a woman from the Mekong Delta region shacking up with a guy from the Fjords of Sweden. Poor girl.

I used to work with a lot of Persians and Armenians, and they definitely had a thing for blondes, whether they were pale-skinned or medium-toned, despite the fact that there are so many ridiculously-beautiful women from that region. I guess it boils down to what's "exotic" to you... because I remember one guy's girlfriend would come in, and she was super-curvy, really busty, had full lips and perfect skin, and he was just like "uh huh, yeah honey, thanks" when she'd bring him lunch... then, a chubby, dowdy blonde girl from the Midwest would walk in and he'd be aaaaaaaaall over her. Made absolutely not a lick of sense to me!
Then maybe those two are physically incompatible? Like maybe a 5'4" Vietnamese man might also be a little 'small' for say a 6'2" black woman? It's un-PC to say so but maybe such a huge size diff isn't a good idea?

Old 09-21-2012, 06:57 AM

2,624 posts, read 7,262,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Then maybe those two are physically incompatible? Like maybe a 5'4" Vietnamese man might also be a little 'small' for say a 6'2" black woman? It's un-PC to say so but maybe such a huge size diff isn't a good idea?
Human physiology is fairly adaptive -- otherwise, sumo wrestlers would never have offspring. For instance, former sumo wrestler Akebono (who's 6 feet 8 inches tall and weighs about 520 pounds) has three children with his wife (who's about 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighs about 100 pounds).
Love Story Spans the Pacific - Wedding Sells for Sumo Giant Akebono

Old 09-21-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
Human physiology is fairly adaptive -- otherwise, sumo wrestlers would never have offspring. For instance, former sumo wrestler Akebono (who's 6 feet 8 inches tall and weighs about 520 pounds) has three children with his wife (who's about 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighs about 100 pounds).
Love Story Spans the Pacific - Wedding Sells for Sumo Giant Akebono
I guess a woman's vaginal canal must be fairly stretchy - I mean they give birth, right? Still, just seems sorta awkward. Why be so differently sized? Well if it's love...

Old 09-26-2012, 09:37 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,542,767 times
Hey, Kudzu...let your son know about this...wanna make an easy $65 million? Just marry this gal and you're set...not bad looking either...though you could end up like Jimmy Hoffa if you got divorced.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-daughter.html

Old 09-26-2012, 10:03 PM

840 posts, read 1,147,980 times
I don't specifically seek out Caucasian men but I won't turn down Caucasian. There was a period of time when I was predominantly attracted to Caucasians and Hispanics. I think it has to due to the higher numbers of good looking Caucasian men where I lived opposed to men of Asian descent. I find Asian men in Asia much more attractive than Asian men here (because they dress better and take care of themselves more). Members of my family tend to steer toward Asian Men/White Women than White Men/Asian Women.

Lots of Asian females that I know personally have no specific preference or prefer to date Asians.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:41 AM

2,918 posts, read 5,610,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Hey, Kudzu...let your son know about this...wanna make an easy $65 million? Just marry this gal and you're set...not bad looking either...though you could end up like Jimmy Hoffa if you got divorced.

Hong Kong billionaire offers £40 million marriage bounty for gay daughter - Telegraph
not accepting friend requests on facebook anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia